James c ashworth of bradford

YOUNGDAVE:

lespullan:
Another oldie, £6 buys the photo so it says. Les.

Hi Les can’t remember seeing the BMC arounb Bradford but you can see it’s a Ashworth cut and shut extension
to get the extra tractor on i can remember he had an old 4 wheeler dodge Dave Wingate had it for
awhile i was loading with him at McConakies on west ferry road he asked me to pull it forward
a yard got in fired it up what a noise i said he was a hero,I had driven Thames traders at crows
but they was’t as loud as that.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, no I don’t remember them either that’s why I put it on, even as a kid I was into wagons and saw ashy’s up and down Allerton road as I lived at Squire lane then, not sure if its Austin or Morris, I think the grill is the telltale, Les.

lespullan:

YOUNGDAVE:

lespullan:
Another oldie, £6 buys the photo so it says. Les.

Hi Les can’t remember seeing the BMC arounb Bradford but you can see it’s a Ashworth cut and shut extension
to get the extra tractor on i can remember he had an old 4 wheeler dodge Dave Wingate had it for
awhile i was loading with him at McConakies on west ferry road he asked me to pull it forward
a yard got in fired it up what a noise i said he was a hero,I had driven Thames traders at crows
but they was’t as loud as that.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, no I don’t remember them either that’s why I put it on, even as a kid I was into wagons and saw ashy’s up and down Allerton road as I lived at Squire lane then, not sure if its Austin or Morris, I think the grill is the telltale, Les.

Hi les i have just had good look at it if you klick on it you can just about see the badge it looks like a Austin.
Its got a Bradford reg take a good look at the crash bar it’s a right solid job. Thats a mercury behind
if you look close its got a packing case on the lid.I used to take casting into Harvesters from Repton
Bingley,I used to go there when it was Jowet cars He used to deliver sheet metal for Lancaster & winters.
Now its a retail park
Cheers Dave.

Another oldie at Harvesters, looks like a four in line trailer. Les.

FC52427.jpeg.jpg

lespullan:
0[/quote

Hi Les Ashworths did have some 4 inline trailers i remember Keith bell telling me about
Crockett coming into the yard one day with a load of wool on board parked up on
a slope and it just rolled over, i don’t think they were very stable.
All good fun happy days.
Cheers Dave.

YOUNGDAVE:

lespullan:
[/quote

Hi Les Ashworths did have some 4 inline trailers i remember Keith bell telling me about
Crockett coming into the yard one day with a load of wool on board parked up on
a slope and it just rolled over, i don’t think they were very stable.
All good fun happy days.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Dave, luckily never pulled one, but had the pleasure of changing some wheels on one once, yes happy days. Les.

Often wondered why the livery change can’t remember seeing any more. [not my photo]. Les.

lespullan:
Often wondered why the livery change can’t remember seeing any more. [not my photo]. Les.

hiya les talking to bob noble yesterday about this motor which my dad drove after stansfeild dad had a mulock in it on some ice steel gurder came through back of cab had it back of one of those bailer trailers had no tail board on them after it went back on road repainted in livery [ funny thing that just appearing]

steve brearley:

lespullan:

hiya les talking to bob noble yesterday about this motor which my dad drove after stansfeild dad had a mulock in it on some ice steel gurder came through back of cab had it back of one of those bailer trailers had no tail board on them after it went back on road repainted in livery [ funny thing that just appearing]

Hi steve, thanks for the info on it, I presume Bob’s keeping ok. Les.

lespullan:

steve brearley:

lespullan:

hiya yes he is he’s still barmy mate

steve brearley:

lespullan:

steve brearley:

lespullan:

hiya yes he is he’s still barmy mate

Nowt different there then mate. Les

[nice one] Les.

james c ashworth 5.jpg

lespullan:
[nice one] Les.

Great pic Les

Great pic les that was maybe as they were selling off after closing have you any more

peterq5422:
Great pic les that was maybe as they were selling off after closing have you any more

Not my pic Peter, found it on google images, good photo though, Les.

In aprils edition of classic tractor there is going to be an article about ashworths and there continual work for international harvester there will be photos from matthew pratt and me with 2500 word writeup
Reslly looking forward to its release

I will be buying it Peter , I would think Les Pullan will too

The article in classic tractor is now on sale its a good read and some good photos too

peterq5422:
The article in classic tractor is now on sale its a good read and some good photos too

Thanks Peter trying to get it, saw your bit about the article, looking forward to reading it. Les.

There was to drivers from Nelson Lancashire. One had 2800 DAF did not no is name.one had a f88 and a f10 he was called jack heap .jack was still on for joda freight last year.

Daf fh:
There was to drivers from Nelson Lancashire. One had 2800 DAF did not no is name.one had a f88 and a f10 he was called jack heap .jack was still on for joda freight last year.

Dennis stansfield was the other driver the 2600 daf loaded with balers in previous photos was his