James c ashworth of bradford

YOUNGDAVE:

steve brearley:
hiya les was having pint with bob last week he is ok still as barmy may see him this weekend ill tell him you were asking after him

Hi there pete just like to wish you and your dad and all the rest of the Bradford lads a merry xmas .
Cheers Dave.

merry christmas dave all the best

peterq5422:

YOUNGDAVE:

steve brearley:
hiya les was having pint with bob last week he is ok still as barmy may see him this weekend ill tell him you were asking after him

Hi there pete just like to wish you and your dad and all the rest of the Bradford lads a merry xmas .
Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave all the best, and Steve don’t let Bob get you ■■■■■■■ merry Christmas and happy new year. Les.

funny he tries his best have to put him on bus with his pass in hand lol

This is the Big J del949 was looking for years ago also an International. Les.

lespullan:

peterq5422:

YOUNGDAVE:

steve brearley:

Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave all the best, and Steve don’t let Bob get you ■■■■■■■ merry Christmas and happy new year. Les.

It will cost him a fortune Bob treats money like an endangered species , merry xmas Les

Merry Christmas mate, endangered species yes, :laughing: :laughing:

found a couple more ashworth pics

Nice Peter, photos keep turning up, like the bald tyre. Les.

lespullan:

Hi Les them old Bradford gaffers like’d to get has much millage out them tyre’s as they could
when i was at Crows he never changed them till they was showing the bands.
Good to hear from you two lads good pictures there Peter, was chatting to your dad
at Ken wilds funeral a sad day he will be missed .
Cheers Dave.

YOUNGDAVE:

lespullan:

Hi Les them old Bradford gaffers like’d to get has much millage out them tyre’s as they could
when i was at Crows he never changed them till they was showing the bands.
Good to hear from you two lads good pictures there Peter, was chatting to your dad
at Ken wilds funeral a sad day he will be missed .
Cheers Dave.

The bald tyre made me smile it was common place back then, I once blew two off A74 Lesmahagow they sent a mechanic out from Bradford with two tyres both bald, they got me home but one blew out two days later, happy days. Les.

The big j wak 705k is the 1my dad got when it came out the paint shop it had a roller in it

Nice colour photo of the AEC. Les.

james c ashworth 19.jpg

lespullan:

I think ive seen this before im sure it was taken down south somewhere but a great photo all the same , a bit blinged up for Ashy with all the lights on it. Another world compared with now i wish we could have it back. Keep `em coming Les :wink:

lespullan:

Hi Les good photo i think Joe crave drove that motor at the time that was taken
he liked is bling did Joe, look at the way the sheets are rolled a proper pro.
Cheers Dave.

YOUNGDAVE:

lespullan:

Cheers Dave.

I never noticed the sheets but hell yes, didn`t Joe do a bit of middle east work at one point?

ramone:

YOUNGDAVE:

lespullan:

Cheers Dave.

I never noticed the sheets but hell yes, didn`t Joe do a bit of middle east work at one point?

Its a great photo of the time when being a lorry driver was a profession, I bet that wagon did some work in its lifetime, the wool sheets bring back memories, some good some bad, yes Joe did M E, wasn’t many places he hadn’t been. Les.

Another oldie, £6 buys the photo so it says. Les.

lespullan:
Another oldie, £6 buys the photo so it says. Les.

Hi Les can’t remember seeing the BMC arounb Bradford but you can see it’s a Ashworth cut and shut extension
to get the extra tractor on i can remember he had an old 4 wheeler dodge Dave Wingate had it for
awhile i was loading with him at McConakies on west ferry road he asked me to pull it forward
a yard got in fired it up what a noise i said he was a hero,I had driven Thames traders at crows
but they was’t as loud as that.
Cheers Dave.