Iveco stralis hi way?

wildfire:

Juddian:

Left hand down!:
I’ve not driven one yet but do they still have the glacial gear change speed that the previous generation ones have? And is it still all or nothing on the accelerator pedal when trying to reverse under a trailer smoothly so you don’t shear the pin off when it suddenly launches?

Standard performance for all AStronic boxes i’ve driven, whether DAF MAN or Fiat, no more use than a chocolate teapot in traffic, all have the on/off switch clutch to a certain extent, all of them way out of their depth for serious tight manoeuvering…apart from that once they’re in top gear on the motorway and you lock 'em in manual to stop 'em changing down if the lorry sees a hill on the horizon, they’re great… :unamused:

Quite how some of the things fitted to modern lorries ever got past type approval i shall never know.

just press the gear selector switch for 2 seconds and it goes into slow mode then dead easy to control backing under trailers ect,
the problem is the gearbox learns the driving style of the driver, and as everyone is different this can cause problems. The was round it is to keep it in manual for a day and drive it how you want it. then the next day it will be sorted :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Well said that man ,Wildfire you sound like a professional / sensible driver , not many around nowadays , I have driven Stralis`s for at least the last 8 years where they are not perfect they are pretty good motors .

We go around tight farms and it hasn’t been a problem! We also do fridge work and it is very easy to drive the auto gearbox is better than the Scania v8 we have and the driver is very happy with it! It pulls well and drives well and I would have one again tomorrow ! Time will tell how it lasts and this will be the proof in the pudding but so far we haven’t a bad word to say!

If anyone wants to know anything about these send me a pm

Theres a reason you got a good deal,they are a cheap truck naff build quality and from delivery bits will be dropping off inside and out.they nearly always burn oil and even brand new a bad one can nearly break you.i was getting 9mpg in a cursor 13 500 and nearly 11mpg from a cursor 10 450 they cost less then the swedes because they are half the quality.the last new one i had was a 2009 model and i put loctite on nearly all the trim screws to keep the interior together.the trim is the nastiest plastic you will find and the rubber effect flooring on the engine hump used to crack and split as it wasn’t flexible enough…one of our drivers famously hit a tanker up the ■■■ on the m62,his worst injury was when the tacho flew out of the over head shelf and broke his nose :blush:

It
Vibrates
Everything
Comes
Off

Nothing wrong with the hi way stralis nothing has fell off and it’s going very well some people just can’t see past a swede

cattle brigade:
Nothing wrong with the hi way stralis nothing has fell off and it’s going very well some people just can’t see past a swede

Badge snobbery…All makes of truck have their issues,it how the manufacturer deals with them…And like everything you get what you pay for .You don’t need all the bells and whistles to get the job done ,also vehicle no matter what make generally don’t have the issues a feet vehicle will…At least the Iveco the Iveco doesn’t have EGR

Hi
Not been on here before. I have a 6x2 Iveco Stralis rigid with new crane just fitted and of coarse PTO. Problem is when I engage PTO I cant get the revs to go higher although they will if PTO not engaged. The crane people cant seem to find out why so hoping someone else may know. Also They cant now get rear wheels to come down now either.
Thanks in advance

I’m sick of these auto boxes, they’re crap. I still haven’t forgiven Scania for going with 3 over 3 & taking my 4 over 4.

norb:

cattle brigade:

also vehicle no matter what make generally don’t have the issues a feet vehicle will.

.At least the Iveco the Iveco doesn’t have EGR

Whats the first point ?

Secondly yes Iveco do just not on Stralis yet - YET

Hiab4hire:
Hi
Not been on here before. I have a 6x2 Iveco Stralis rigid with new crane just fitted and of coarse PTO. Problem is when I engage PTO I cant get the revs to go higher although they will if PTO not engaged. The crane people cant seem to find out why so hoping someone else may know. Also They cant now get rear wheels to come down now either.
Thanks in advance

By the sounds of it the PTO needs to be programed on the ECU - Its a Dealer job. Where are you based ?

europleb:
Theres a reason you got a good deal,they are a cheap truck naff build quality and from delivery bits will be dropping off inside and out.they nearly always burn oil and even brand new a bad one can nearly break you.i was getting 9mpg in a cursor 13 500 and nearly 11mpg from a cursor 10 450 they cost less then the swedes because they are half the quality.the last new one i had was a 2009 model and i put loctite on nearly all the trim screws to keep the interior together.the trim is the nastiest plastic you will find and the rubber effect flooring on the engine hump used to crack and split as it wasn’t flexible enough…one of our drivers famously hit a tanker up the ■■■ on the m62,his worst injury was when the tacho flew out of the over head shelf and broke his nose :blush:

Iveco teach you that Engines burn oil as do many manufactures.

The MPG issue could be down to a ■■■■■■ turbo which is a common problem at that age and also the timing being out ( tiny bit out makes a big difference ) In the real world the timing never gets looked at on a engine and from what ive seen when it does it gets done wrong.

Your correct the quality is rubbish -

Stralis first came out all it had was electrical problems ( Italian isn’t it ) which was fixed. Apart from that it was a pretty good truck.

Cab floor because the indent in the floor is for a left hand drive vehicle when you stand on that part it ■■■■■ the carpet / rubber crap stuff.

They have built problems into the vehicle through cost cutting over the years Turbos and Calipers for eg. Howevwer the HI Way is to new to tell so far although it has its silly little softwhere issues.