Insufficent daily rest

So I worked for hermes on the 09/12/12, I finished my shift at 0130 on the 10/12/12, then I got a call in the morning to see if I wanted some work at Mark Thompsons for 1030 on the 10/12/12 I said I could start at 1130 so that I would then have 10 hours rest, finish my shift on this day and they put my card in the digi card checker, and tell me I’ve only had 8 hours 18 mins rest, how’s this possible when I know for certain I had 10 hours rest? What will happen about this and I’m I doing something wrong when starting and finishing ? Sorry if its a repeated question but just want peace of mind for my scenario

Kevwall:
So I worked for hermes on the 09/12/12, I finished my shift at 0130 on the 10/12/12, then I got a call in the morning to see if I wanted some work at Mark Thompsons for 1030 on the 10/12/12 I said I could start at 1130 so that I would then have 10 hours rest, finish my shift on this day and they put my card in the digi card checker, and tell me I’ve only had 8 hours 18 mins rest, how’s this possible when I know for certain I had 10 hours rest? What will happen about this and I’m I doing something wrong when starting and finishing ? Sorry if its a repeated question but just want peace of mind for my scenario

What time did you start the shift at Hermes, the one you finished at 01:30 ?

Started at 1630 and hadn’t drove since Friday

Strange, the only thing I can think of is that either you messed up a manual entry when you inserted the card or the UTC time was out on one of the tachographs and you never noticed, though it would be very unusual for the time to be that far out.

You can check these on a printout next time you use a digital tachograph.

I found it strange to, I didn’t do any manual entry though ? When I finish shift and press finish country UK and 24 hour period click yes is there anything else I should be doing? What will happen over this “insufficient” rest ■■

Kevwall:
When I finish shift and press finish country UK and 24 hour period click yes

Sorry I’m not sure what you mean by clicking yes to 24 hour period :confused:

Do you mean you clicked yes to do a printout ?

Kevwall:
is there anything else I should be doing?

In-spite of what some people will tell you manual entries done correctly should help to stop errors like this, so I would suggest that you do manual entries when you insert the card rather than leaving things to chance.

Kevwall:
What will happen over this “insufficient” rest ■■

Depends on the mood of any VOSA bod that stops you, they could possibly let you off with a verbal warning or there is a possible fixed penalty of £60.

Apart from that it just looks bad when companies download your card, but to be honest if you have a reasonably clean record and try to keep it that way there shouldn’t be any ramifications because of this one mistake.

At the end of the day yes it says 24h day then you click yes or no and it does a printout, I’m not familiar with how manual entries work so ill do some research

If you have a printout it should be possible to see what went wrong, if you want to scan the printout and post the image here after obscuring any personal details we’ll have a look at it for you.

Alternatively check the times on the printout :wink:

I handed it in to the office next time I drive can I backtrack and select certain days to print ?

Kevwall:
I handed it in to the office next time I drive can I backtrack and select certain days to print ?

Yes you can.

If it’s a Siemens tachograph, from the standard screen press “OK” to get to the printout screen for “driver 1” press “OK” then use the arrow keys to select the date you want a printout for.

Cheers mate next time I get in one ill print it out, when the transport clerk told me I’d had insufficient daily rest I showed him the printout which stated a 0138 finish the previous night so even he was baffled , I wonder if a messed the time settings up when getting in yesterday’s unit if that’s possible

Kevwall:
At the end of the day yes it says 24h day then you click yes or no and it does a printout, I’m not familiar with how manual entries work so ill do some research

from the sounds of it you have done the same thing as me. Again i done a wrong manual entry and it showed me working for 17 hours flat. once i noticed i cocked it up i did a printout straight away and another at the end of shift and stated why on the back of it.

tachograph:

Kevwall:

Yes you can.

If it’s a Siemens tachograph, from the standard screen press “OK” to get to the printout screen for “driver 1” press “OK” then use the arrow keys to select the date you want a printout for.

isn’t there a link to use a digi machine to train on?

I’ll have a look mate, a friend has said it might be because the two different Machines I’ve used may be set to different times, would this seem like a possible answer? On my print out it definitely showed a 0138 finish and then I started the next day about 1150

mickyblue:

Good thinking blue :wink:

Here are some links that should help you learn about the Digital tachograph.

Instruction manuals for Version 1 (The old type of digital tachograph)

The Tachomaster Drivers Guide To The Digital Tachograph

Drivers Short Operating Instructions —Siemens DTCO 1381

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph - SE5000 user manual. (PDF)

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator (Direct Downloads)
Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” onto your computer first, then either or all of the training sequences.

(These are .exe files so it’s possible that your Anti-Virus program could give a warning :wink: )

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator v4.exe

Training sequences for the Actia tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Siemens tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Stoneridge tachograph (V 4.0)

Or You can run the simulator on-line (links bellow)

For [u]Fast[/u] connections

For [u]Slow or Dial-Up[/u] connections

Instruction manuals for Version 2 (Latest type of digital tachograph)

Siemens Digital Tachograph Instruction Manual (version 1.4) (Latest Siemens Digital Tachograph)

Stoneridge SE5000 Digital Tachograph Rev 7.3 (Latest Stoneridge Digital Tachograph)

tachograph:

mickyblue:

Good thinking blue :wink:

Here are some links that should help you learn about the Digital tachograph.

Instruction manuals for Version 1 (The old type of digital tachograph)

The Tachomaster Drivers Guide To The Digital Tachograph

Drivers Short Operating Instructions —Siemens DTCO 1381

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph - SE5000 user manual. (PDF)

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator (Direct Downloads)
Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” onto your computer first, then either or all of the training sequences.

(These are .exe files so it’s possible that your Anti-Virus program could give a warning :wink: )

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator v4.exe

Training sequences for the Actia tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Siemens tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Stoneridge tachograph (V 4.0)

Or You can run the simulator on-line (links bellow)

For [u]Fast[/u] connections

For [u]Slow or Dial-Up[/u] connections

Instruction manuals for Version 2 (Latest type of digital tachograph)

Siemens Digital Tachograph Instruction Manual (version 1.4) (Latest Siemens Digital Tachograph)

Stoneridge SE5000 Digital Tachograph Rev 7.3 (Latest Stoneridge Digital Tachograph)

Now we need to make that a sticky for others to view if they want to refresh on the machines