Start and finish

is there any one on here who starts before midnight and finishes after midnight and uses a digi tacho i.e we start 17.30 and finish 5.00, since weve used them for 3 months on our infringement sheets we get -ADVISORY NOTE, MODE UNKNOWN ,rest assumed between end of shift and start of shift
its only on mine and another lads who work after midnight , the others dont work after midnight and dont get it , we dont get it if we work a sat, so were assuming its todo with working after midnight.
at end of shift we put it on bed/rest ,eject card, uk-o.k, 24hr print-no-o.k same as we do on sat , could it be to do with digi works on 24 hr clock .
its a siemens digi , everyone seems baffled by it as were putting it on rest/bed at end of shift so it should show that but its showing mod unknown.
any ideas :question:

It doesn’t matter what mode the end of the shift is at - as soon as you eject the card it doesn’t know what you are doing so goes to “UNKNOWN”, because it cannot record anything whilst it is not in the VU. I run nights as well and my print-outs always have a “?” period in the middle because the system is based around a 24 day (ie 00.00 - 23:59) rather than a shift… …

You would really have thought whoever is doing the analysis could have coped with that though !!!

G

Gazzareth:
You would really have thought whoever is doing the analysis could have coped with that though !!!

G

You think? When I did a couple of years at Hygena on agency, I got a load of infringements for exceeding 4.5hrs driving time because I’d do 3hr 45 min driving then spend an hour on other work unloading before taking my 45 minute break and according to the morons at the company doing the analysis, I wasn’t taking a break after 4.5hrs.

Even the muppet TM thought they were right. I just refused to sign the infringement form.

You would have thought they would have got it right, but of course there is no accounting for morons !!!

G

You should be able to solve this problem by manually recording your rest period when you next put your card in:

When it asks if this is the start of your shift, enter no, then enter the time your last shift finished (it won’t let you go further than this anyway, so you can just hold the arrow until it stops) and enter it as rest/bed. This should get rid of any question marks and all time has been accounted for.

You can only do this retrospectively