Help Please.........

Hey can someone please advise me on the following:-

I will be putting my digi card in at 18.00 tomorrow, working and driving until say midnight, (not going over 4.5 hours drive time), then putting on rest period until 5am…Does this mean I can work for 9 hours totaling 15hr shift with the 6 hours worked evening before and drive up to my 9 or 10 hours deducting whatever drive time i used between 18.00 and midnight■■? And, then can i take a reduced rest period of 9hrs??
Sorry not totally sure on split shift rules and regs.

Hard to answer late on a Saturday night but yes seems ok.

If you finish at midnight…you can’t start before 9

Hmmmm suppose it is a bit much to ask at stupid o’clock on a saturday night but needs must…

Commonrail thanks but I can on a split shift I know that much…Its how you can do 6 x 15hr shifts in a week bud, but thanks anyway

The last part of your split daily rest must be 9 hours.if you have had 3 hours earlier in the shift…it won’t count as a reducer.

If you start again at 5…you must finish by 9

OMG!!! Now i’m confused.com■■? So what you’re saying is because i started at 18.00 ive got to finish split by 9am■■? So the time in the middle i have on rest counts intto the 15hours??

Is that how it works?? I thought the period i have on rest as long as its minimum 3 hours is nott counted into the 15 hours■■?/

wenders66:
Hey can someone please advise me on the following:-

I will be putting my digi card in at 18.00 tomorrow, working and driving until say midnight, (not going over 4.5 hours drive time), then putting on rest period until 5am…Does this mean I can work for 9 hours totaling 15hr shift with the 6 hours worked evening before and drive up to my 9 or 10 hours deducting whatever drive time i used between 18.00 and midnight■■? And, then can i take a reduced rest period of 9hrs??
Sorry not totally sure on split shift rules and regs.

If you start work at 18:00 then have a 5 hour rest period from about midnight to about 05:00 you can work until 09:00, you will then have the second part of your split daily rest period which must be no less than 9 hours.

Remember that the tachograph must be on rest for at-least 3 consecutive hours to have a split daily rest period.

What he said^^^

wenders66:
OMG!!! Now i’m confused.com■■? So what you’re saying is because i started at 18.00 ive got to finish split by 9am■■? So the time in the middle i have on rest counts intto the 15hours??

Is that how it works?? I thought the period i have on rest as long as its minimum 3 hours is nott counted into the 15 hours■■?/

Sorry you posted while I was typing the last message.

That’s exactly how it works, the second part of a split daily rest period must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift, so yes the 3 or more hours rest during the shift does count towards the 15 hour spread-over.

Thank You so much :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: