Ince

Has anybody been into c f fertilisers at ince before. Ment to be going in too load fert but never been in before. Was just wondering what to expect

You’ll need to do an induction before you go in the first time, you get a little white card that works the entrance barrier computer things. Can’t remember exactly how it works, it’s been a few years since I was last there.

It’s one of those always windy places, always seemed to be busy as fork on a Friday too. There’s a security bod that thinks the Provos are waiting behind the first big bush to pinch a load off you and make a big bomb, takes his job rather seriously.

Sorry,I can’t help.I think I went there in around 1970 when it was called Shellstar(?)Probably changed a little since then!

First time there , you have to watch a health and safety video then fill in a short quiz , then they issue you their swipe card , so when you come back , swipe the card at the check in area .

Enter your registration and loading reference number .
The machine will tell you which loading area to drive to.
Open one side of the trailer curtain before they load you .

When pulling your trailer curtains , the loader will stop and wait.
A valid ADR is required and the loader staff will check the ADR.
Hard hat , goggles , safety boots and long sleeved clothing .

Top tip , you may be over the legal weight limit .
So you will be sent back in the factory to take off a bag or two .

Once loaded, got passed check out , where you get your delivery notes with addresses on , park to the far left corner to secure the load .

If delivery is Devon and Cornwall . good luck with narrow lanes and off loading one side , then turn around to off load the other side of the trailer.

Don’t get speeding on their access road either!

Normally there will be a landline or mobile telephone numbers on the delivery notes .
Just ring the farmer for an ETA , if you don’t ring before and drive direct to the address , it may turn out that not’s where the machine is to unload you , or he is working on another farm miles away.

Delivery is most likely to be the day after loading at Ince ,the farmer will give exact instructions for access to the farm and tips to avoid . If the call goes to answer phone , leave a message then ring when a few hours away .
You can park overnight at CF outside the check out by the wood.
But no toilets or maybe a Portaloo .

On the way down ,the ratchet straps become loose .