If leaving the haulage industry.....what would you do?

Or look at a franchise perhaps. It worked for me in the 90`s. They do the training and get you started. Just ask plenty questions of other franchisees to see how they are doing. I went into the motor trade via a franchise and enjoyed it. You do need capital though.

double trouble again ffs :blush: :blush:

thought about this for a while, I want to travel across Canada up the alcan to Alaska then then turn south and follow the main Pan am highway down to south America tip :blush: . and blog it. highly unlikely I know but its a dream.

alamcculloch:
Why does no one want to be a DCPC trainer?

I’d rather cut my own wrists!
Sitting in a room listening to a load of mainly moaning blokes all asking:

“What are we talking about?”
“What’s this got to do with my job?”
"Why are we watching the same video as we watched last year…and the year before?
And then some smart arse questioning the instructors knowledge by saying “I think you’re wrong there Mike…hang on, I’ll google it!”
I wouldn’t have the patience.
Train driving…now there’s a thought, get paid brilliant money

Not one of these!

hulldailymail.co.uk/news/jo … le-1427014

IT industry, but steer clear of Helpdesk roles as you will find it difficult to move on

Money is not bad as similar to Train drivers, but will include unsociable hours and on-call weekends and holidays. A lot of process to get things done and pressure when users can’t work.You never know what is going to come your way next, but that makes it interesting

To keep on the driving theme a hardware engineer could have patch or vary from a single Data centre to world wide cover.

As with driving, the bigger companies give the better benefits though Final Salary pensions are mostly gone now. A few friends have left with big payouts when cuts happen only to come back and do their same job on twice the money as a contractor

Been on overnight jobs with Network engineers and they are talking about their latest helicopter or thier Christmas holiday in Mauritius

Main thing is ‘right place, right time’