I am looking for photo's from the company Frans Maas

BerraGson:
Oh yes. DSV, Tuve.
That’s where I park my beauty every Friday, and its a good place to stay at night.
The only thing is that you need to drive a few kilometers if you want to eat something.
Not as when it was “down town” on Frans Maas time, when you could walk.

Hello BerraGson

The last time i was in Gotenborg - Tuva at the DSV terminal was in october 2007. I must make my 9 houre rest at that
day to go in the night to DSV Karlstad to unload at 06.00 p.m. Than loading in Hogfors for Olem near Antwerpen in
Belgium. Aftherloading to Malmö to get the night ferry with Nordö to Travemünde in Germany.

On the left of this picture the letters FRANS MAAS on an pallet from the Frans Maas building at the Transportgarten.

Frans Maas on an pallet

The name Frans Maas on the building at the Transportgarten.

Best regards, Bert

Hello BerraGson

I have fond an other picture from an shild that was use at the Transportgarten by Frans Maas.

Best regards, Bert

hi bert,i just seen your post ,i had a few pics from frans maas but have lost most over the years,i drove for a small company from manchester uk between frans maas manchester and frans maas ludwigsburg stuttgart,it was called the stuttgart express,i left manchester every saturday evening to arrive in ludwigsburg 08.00 monday morning,i delivered to several depots belonging to frans maas en route quiet often calling in at venlo frans maas.i have attached a photo i found ,the two children in the pic are my son and daughter who came with me during school holidays,they are now 30and 26 years old,i am now retired and miss the european driving ,take care and good luck,regards tony

Picture 002.jpg

Hi Tony,

Nice to meet you on this treat about Frans Maas and that you was driver for an littel company for Frans Maas Manchester. I see on the photo that your truck was in the blue - yellow colours of Frans Maas. Was you an running mate with Ant Williams? He was also, i think in the same time, driver by Lee Durose on the same traject to Ludwiigsburg, Stuttgard, Nurnberg and some times to Suben.

Ant Williams unloding at Ludwigsburg, Germany.

Copyright photo Ant Williams,U.K.

The same my sone was als plenty of tomes with mee when he had holidays of school. He is now 33 years and driver on an truck in the area.

Hope to see more from you, Best Regards, Bert.

ROADSPEAD DUBLIN TAKING OVER BY FRANS MAAS

Hi Paul,

Thanks fore showing the photo of the Road Speed unit. Let us see more. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Here two pictures taken by Dieselcowboy on 16-01-2012 around Londen on the M25. Still you see some
Frans Maas units. This one was pulling by an Dutch tractor.

Best regards, Bert

Hello, this photo is taken in the streets of Moscow. I dont now if it is working fore Frans Maas of that the trailer was sold to Russia.

© Alexey Benera, Russia

Best regards, Bert

Hello, this picture cames from Russia. It’s a Scania 114L 340 tractor and the trailer is a ex one of a sub-contractor of Frans Maas. I think it was one of P. Greving from Hoogeveen, N.L.

Al the best, Bert

Hi Bert, i found a few more pictures from 1996-7, N17 PWT
France, on the way to or from Marseilles

L17 PWT on the way to or from Berlin

E120 SVG

Patras

Loading Coimbra Portugal

Glad to see in the first picture a nicely cleaned roof Carl!!

kindle530:
Hi Bert, i found a few more pictures from 1996-7.

Loading Coimbra Portugal

Hi Carl, nice photos of the time you was on the way fore Frans Maas U.K. Special this one where you was loadig Bedford cabines. Was this cargo back fore th U.K. and fore scrap? Of was this fore restoiring to bring them back agen on the road as oldtimer.

Al the best, Bert

Hi, who nows more about this company working fore Frans Maas U.K.

Fond this photo a cuppel of weeks agow on E-Bay.

Al the best, Bert

hiya,
The only bit of information I can give you Bert is the registration No on the motor
is an Aberdeen one, did Frans Maas have a depot that far North??.
thanks harry long retired.

Hi Harry,

Indeed Frans Maas U.K. had a depot in Livingston near Edinburgh. I dont no from wat year Frans Maas U.K. had thear a depot. But to see on the photo of the tractor i belive it was in end 70’s of in the 80’s. This tractor is from the company, I think to see on the door, Turn Transport of Aberdeen.

Maybe some one nows more of this company who was working fore Frans Maas U.K. :question: :question:

Number 4 is the depot of Frans Maas U.K. in Livingston near Edinburgh.

Al the best, Bert

Hi bert, the trucks (and chassis and engines) were loaded in Coimbra Portugal, they were taken to somewhere around Birmingham, then reassembled and shipped to Africa or India.
Yes Nick, clean roof, another new motor!!

nice to see this thred going again lads

Hi Carl, thanks fore the info about the loading of Bedfords who as taken back to the U.K. from Portugal.

Hi Dreva, yes i hope this thred wil stil go on but i have reach the bottom of the box about photos of Frans Maas. Hope that in the U.K. stil ex workers of Frans Maas of from workers of companys who workt fore Frans Maas tel thoose story’s of have info fore this thred.

Al the best, Bert

On the end of 2007 was it not more aloud to park our trucks on the terrain of Frans Maas Groningen. The building and the terrain was sold by DSV to the council of Groningen. This concil was traying to rent it agen. In the summer of 2007 the building was crackt and taken over by squatters. Most of the squatters are sculptor, artpainters and more of those people duwing art.

Memo on the gate that the terrain was closed fore workers of Frans Maas/ DSV.

New lock on the gate.

Not aloud to visit eny more.

To rent agen.

Afther the winter of 2007.

The dieselpump brokingdown fore diesel

Al the best, Bert

In the summer of 2007 the Frans Maas building at Groningen was crakt by squatters.

The police games fore information.

In the news.

New place to live.

Al the best, Bert

hi bert. i remember the frans maas depot in scotland it was a place near livingston called denny. tipped there myself back in the 80s.
they also had another one in london at hayes. thats the only 2 i can remember. i once cleared ther place in switzerland nr to muttons banhoff. dont see many about now like you use to.
regards johny rose63.