Great pics Bert,
Love them old F88-240s and the old scanny vabis’s
Any old F88-89 and i’m sold…! Superb

And this is a sample of some of there driving

coca cola kid:
And this is a sample of some of there driving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE8K4Yg07x8

If I had a penny etc.

The drivers on that video have been accused of being Portugese, Peruvian Prussian and Phuketians

enough is enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Bert Wolters:

Salut, Bert

de bruin transport?

euromat:

Bert Wolters:
Salut, Bert

de bruin transport?

Hi Euromat,

Yes indeed this tractor was from De Bruin Transport, Surhuisterveen. In the 90’s taken over by Voss Losgitics in Oss.

Salut, Bert

Bert Wolters:

euromat:

Bert Wolters:

Salut, Bert

de bruin transport?

Hi Euromat,

Yes indeed this tractor was from De Bruin Transport, Surhuisterveen. In the 90’s taken over by Voss Losgitics in Oss.

Salut, Bert

when i worked in an office in felixstowe in the 90s we became their agent for their unaccompanied trailers when they were de bruin lommerts, the drivers loved them as they were new tautliner trailers unlike a lot of the old tilts they were used to from other companies like LHT, dalessi etc. i didnt think they got brought out until about 2000?

Here some DAF 2600 units.

Prototype from the Dutch Army.

Salut, Bert

Bert Wolters:

Salut, Bert

I’ve got a real ‘soft spot’ for the Daf 2600 as I used to drive one in the early 80’s, very cold at night and not much room if fitted with the second bunk.

Ross.

bigr250:
I’ve got a real ‘soft spot’ for the Daf 2600 as I used to drive one in the early 80’s, very cold at night and not much room if fitted with the second bunk.

Ross.

Hi Ross,

I did never drive an DAF 2600. But i think for those days it was an good tractor. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: When i startet driving by Frans Maas the DAF 2600 was just a coppel of years to the scrap. :wink: :wink: :wink:

This one was an terminaaltractor by the Holco in Roermond in 1985.

Salut, Bert

Hello Bert, would it be possible for you to find a photo of a Ford Koln for me :smiley: .
Many were built after the war for use with B.A.O.R., the British Army Of the Rhine and it was the first foreign lorry that I drove in the sixties. What I would like to see is a photo of a Ford Koln lorry ( not the car ) from the sixties. You might recall seeing them in the Roermond and Eindhoven area.
Vielen Dank,
Der Champignon menshen :laughing: .

mm get your dow pics on here mate pleaseeeeeee :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bert Wolters:

Salut, Bert

Thats not a DAF 2600 unit, but a DAF FTT 3500.
This one was in competition with a other dutch truck factory FTF.

Henry van den Berg:

Bert Wolters:

Salut, Bert

Thats not a DAF 2600 unit, but a DAF FTT 3500.
This one was in competition with a other dutch truck factory FTF.

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the info. I diddent now that. I think always it was an DAF on an FTF construction. Was there more of only one for the Dutch Army?

Salut, Bert

mushroomman:
Hello Bert, would it be possible for you to find a photo of a Ford Koln for me :smiley: .
Many were built after the war for use with B.A.O.R., the British Army Of the Rhine and it was the first foreign lorry that I drove in the sixties. What I would like to see is a photo of a Ford Koln lorry ( not the car ) from the sixties. You might recall seeing them in the Roermond and Eindhoven area.
Vielen Dank,
Der Champignon menshen :laughing: .

Hi Mushroomman,

I have some Ford Köln for you. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I lookt on Internet. :blush: :blush:

Photo from internet.

Photo from internet.

Photo from internet

Photo from internet

I hope that this the Ford Köln is where you lookt for.

Salut, Bert

Hello Bert, many thanks for the photos of the Ford Koln but the one that I drove I think were made a bit later.
I remember that they had a flat front, the petrol engine was underneath the cab and it had a four speed gearbox…
Here is a photo of a DAF that was taken in the Transport Museum in Twente and I seem to think that the cab of the Ford Koln was a bit similar to this one.

Photo from the internet.

Dreva :smiley: , have a look on the Norman Lewis Tankers especially for Wheel Nut thread :wink: .

Regards Steve.

bigr250:

Ross.

I know what you mean Ross,I drove one of these before I drove an F88,and although the F88 was a better motor,this was still a better cab from the comfort point of view.

Scania 110:

© Joris Smits, N.L.

Salut, Bert