Macburnie International Photos Request- Late 80's early 90's

hi all i bought one of the dafs pictured x163acf was a credit to them 3 years old an like brand new inside and out. sold it to a friend after 4 years its slill going strong it always had a drink problem cud not get more than 7 mpg

one of the best looking fleets on the road when they were around. I remember speaking to one of their drivers at a groupage place in Germany around 2002-3ish?, cant remember where. He was a big fella, think he had a beard, i asked if they were in trouble as id seen lots of their motors for sale recently, had tried (unsuccesfully had tried to get my then boss to buy me one ). The big fella said he was their only remaining driver, he was driving a XF Super Space Cab, think it was a 530. Like i said, one of the best looking fleets on the road, deffo up there with Peter Roff etc. we need more photos!!

Hi All,

Does anybody have any photos of the Macburnie Int Tspt fleet of Oxford from about 88- 93, I used to run with a lot of there drivers out of Frans Maas Manchester, had a load of photos myself, but they have since been destroyed.

Very smart fleet, as you will all see if anybody posts any

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ant

McBurney Int Transport of Oxford :question: :question: :question:

Ben9:
McBurney Int Transport of Oxford :question: :question: :question:

Well MACBURNIE (sorry spelt it wrong) from Witney , close to Oxford, they had Red & white Volvo’s & Scania’s

Ant

Gavin and his brother also ran some very nice-specced Daf 95 Super Space Cab tractor units, with, I think , the 480 and 530 engines in. I remember looking to supply them with some further tractor units and some stepframe trailers back in 1999/2000.

Their standard spec then was very tidy, and the drivers they had, were a good bunch, and tended to look after the kit they ran.

edtheshark:
Gavin and his brother also ran some very nice-specced Daf 95 Super Space Cab tractor units, with, I think , the 480 and 530 engines in. I remember looking to supply them with some further tractor units and some stepframe trailers back in 1999/2000.

Their standard spec then was very tidy, and the drivers they had, were a good bunch, and tended to look after the kit they ran.

Ed,
I knew Gavin and Dougal very well and most of there drivers, used to run with them alot of the time, they had the DAFs after I had finished running to Europe, they had all Scania’s & Volvo’s at the time, do you know what Gavin & Dougal are doing now, are they still in transport ■■?

Regards
Ant

I remember them, smart outfit indeed, I remember a brand new Daf parked in Dover Docks, driver must have gone for a cuppa or sumtin, as he wasnt about.

Anyhow on our way back from having a cuppa ourselves, the MacBurnie driver was goin bananas, sum1 had literally took the front off the wagon, it was in a right mess.

Dont know what happened as we had to get on the boat, the boat he shud have been on!

I remember seeing 2 mc burnies drivers parked on dover western dock w/ended. They had the first new daf 480 xf superspace cabs that mc burnies got and they had buckets and sponges out sunday a/noon washing them.A dedicated pair if ever i saw any.

Hi Al,

Here sam photos from Mac Burnie Transport.

Volvo F12

DAF 95 XF Superspacecab

DAF 95 XF

DAF 95 XF

Regards, Bert Wolters

Bert Wolters:
Hi Al,

Here sam photos from Mac Burnie Transport.

Volvo F12

DAF 95 XF Superspacecab

DAF 95 XF

DAF 95 XF

Regards, Bert Wolters

Bert,

Thanks for them, there great, I remember the F12 and Scania, Shaun had the F12 for a while and Del Boy drove one of the Scania’s

Regards
Ant

willie roadstar, in reply to your question are gavin and dougal still in transport yes very much so after finishing on european they now run 12 daf 105’s on a contract in uk delivering prefab wooden sections to the construction industry. all the trucks are in white with stuart milne on the front and back of the cabs.
chazzer

I did a bit for Gavin & Dougall, got some photos of 143s that I hustled along for them, I will find them out of the hundreds of other pics I got & put them on here. Smart wagons run properly by proper haulage men, backbone of British haulage!

adr:
I did a bit for Gavin & Dougall, got some photos of 143s that I hustled along for them, I will find them out of the hundreds of other pics I got & put them on here. Smart wagons run properly by proper haulage men, backbone of British haulage!

adr,

Look foward to seeing them.

Were you on there when Del Boy, Shaun and anothe guy, curly hair and glasses, can’t remember is name !!

Regards
Ant

Did a bit of casual for Macburnie, Gavin & Dougall. Top pic. just tipped in ■■■■■■■■■■■ load from Spain. Bottom pic. just tipped in Halewood if I remember right load of engines from Germany.

Earlier 143, still 450. tipping in Avonmouth on a Saturday morning, load from Italy had load of Marble up the middle & a load of boxed (as you can see) office furniture stacked floor to roof/ head to tail just to top the load up!

adr:

Earlier 143, still 450. tipping in Avonmouth on a Saturday morning, load from Italy had load of Marble up the middle & a load of boxed (as you can see) office furniture stacked floor to roof/ head to tail just to top the load up!

adr,

Thanks for posting them, great pics, really tidy looking fleet.

Thanks again for posting them

Regards
Ant

Willie Roadstar,

No worries, apologize that it took so long!

Regards

Chris