Hull

The wages are not brilliant but they is some decent firms to get in with, I have lived away from here and always come home…

Telt:
My experience of Hull is much like Liverpool: much maligned and scoffed at by others but in my experience quite pleasant places with cheerful people.

No expert on the job situation there but Wren Kitchens will have plenty of own account stuff out of Barton and I’m always seeing ads for x,y and z out of Immingham on Facebook groups.

Spot on that and usually ridiculed by people who’ve never been or have been once.

The posts on here are a little unfair on Hull, it’s like most places there are good areas and bad areas, compared to London it a peaceful, there are no gangs of Afros running round stabbing everybody in sight for instance, there are plenty of Jobs NTEX, YEARSLEYS STOBARDS etc but avoid Wren Kitchens shocking rep locally, not all in Hull but within a reasonable distance, you do not have to live there, there are plenty of nice towns and villages in the area, and cheaper than down south.

My mate spent last weekend in Hull with his wife and like most people had a negative view on Hull. But afterwards he was pleasantly surprised at how nice and modern the centre is, and said the pubs were great, didn’t see anyone under 30 in the pubs on a saturday night. He did end up in one pub which turned out to be a ■■■■■■ pub, The Star it was called.

I am just moving back to the West Hull Village my family were from originally. The bride to be works in community care for the NHS and does the less respectable areas and she will never diss it or it’s people. I have been in Derbyshire for 15 years and that is a proper dung hill in comparison. Hull night life and pubs have always been entertaining. And there are still some proper old school hauliers.

many years ago I drove through hessle and remember thinking how quaint it was.

is that still the case today ?

ArcticMonkey:
My mate spent last weekend in Hull with his wife and like most people had a negative view on Hull. But afterwards he was pleasantly surprised at how nice and modern the centre is, and said the pubs were great, didn’t see anyone under 30 in the pubs on a saturday night. He did end up in one pub which turned out to be a ■■■■■■ pub, The Star it was called.

Just aswell he didn’t wander into the pub called HU9 it’s a swingers pub, might of found himself or his wife been bent over :laughing:

My mate Ronnie lives there…

Who?

the maoster:
Who?

Don’t you know who he is? He’ll soon ■■■■■■■ tell you mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I used to do a regular drop in Hull & it quite surprised me at first at just how pleasant a place it can be. Me & the missus have had quite a few good days out there, just like we regularly do in places like York or Stratford on Avon or Warwick or Lincoln or Sheffield etc.

I live on the Notts/Derbys border in a semi-rural ex mining village. IMO it is a VERY pleasant place to live & we have lots of cockerney rejects who sold their 1 bed flats for £1/2 million & now raise their families in a 3/4 ded detached with 1/4 acre garden. They love it & we love them.

I can walk my dog & within a half mile I’m in a place that even us norven 'ardmen call ‘Beirut’, the cockerneys just shrug it off 'cos they’ve just come from a place where you daren’t walk your dog 100yds for fear of being mugged.

Remember folks that people make places & if you find yourself living in a less than salubrious place, you are probably one of the reasons why it has that reputation :slight_smile:

Hull … super place, I once met a young ‘lady’ out of the Earl de Grey by the marina when there was a bit of waste ground for parking by the pub after a few days I was on a course of Streptomycin … :frowning:

yourhavingalarf:
I moved…

‘Ooop North’ from the south coast many years ago. I ended up living near Wakefield because that’s where the young lady I was seeing at the time lived. I’d suggest anywhere around the Leeds area because there are numerous agencies and plenty of varied jobs. Perhaps more than Hull which to me has always seemed run down and rather isolated.

Leeds is a sensational City,not too over hipsterfied,but the right balance of tradition and culturally nourishing.Love the place.

HGV:
It is deffo not the worst place to live…im an east hull lad brought up on a roughish estate but which city does not have bad areas?

I only moved on to outskirts of hull due to my job.at the time but its best going for a drive round to see which areas you like look of.

It deffo not the worst place you could live

True one that.They are in general a good bunch with a strong sense of community.Always liked a trip to Hull.

I’m moving from the south to tetney which is south of Grimsby, go on indeed and see the wages are just as good as down here and you have the port and refinery at immingham.

Thing is if you want to live in a place with a “good rep” then you’re going to pay for it.

I’ve always found it’s not where you live it’s what you make of it. I’ve grown up on council estates that are supposedly rough and found no trouble although that isn’t to say that it doesn’t go on but then it’s nothing exclusive to so-called bad areas is it?

Now I live in a area in the same town that is viewed positively. It has good schools, house prices are averaged at 350k but there’s no sense of community, no neighbourly interaction and so on. Moreover, reported crime rates are about the same as in the council estate on the other side of town where I grew up.

the maoster:
Who?

This is who

google.com/search?q=ronnie+ … e&ie=UTF-8

Hull is great but I’m biased as was born there, and was lucky enough to buy a house in the Ella’s mine was Kirk Ella.
Money is ■■■■ in Hull that’s the downside, can travel half hour to Goole for Stobarts as pay better than any in Hull.

Drempels:

the maoster:
Who?

Don’t you know who he is? He’ll soon [zb] tell you mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RONNIE F*****G PICKERING!!!