HPL (Humber Ports Logistics) Immingham

Just looking for a little information on HPL, if anyone on the board is currently working for them?

Looks like new kit, they seem to have upgraded and expanded recently.

Wages?
Hours?
Home every night?

Thanks

Bentons

Have you tried ringing them up and asking?

It’s what I would do.

joe royal:

It’s what I would do.

Why do it the old fashioned way and get a decent answer, that takes effort.

biggriffin:

joe royal:

It’s what I would do.

Why do it the old fashioned way and get a decent answer, that takes effort.

Great forum this. You ask a question and get abuse for your trouble.

Yeh, I could ring them and ask the question.

But that gets managements view of being employed there, not a drivers perspective…

When I passed my tests I picked up a yellow pages and rung all the local haulage firms in the area. I got as far as T on class two and was offered a job doing general curtansider stuff.

Passed class one . Got as far as C and two days later I was driving to the south of France. Sometimes it’s best just to use a bit of initiative pick up the phone and ring round.

The other thing is if 5 drivers answers ranged from
It’s great
It’s crap
It’s driving a truck , what do you expect?
It’s a days work for a days pay
It’s ok , nothing special.

Who’s advice do you take , or would you ring them up and ask?

Most times the answers are if your face fits - and there is only one way to find that out

mardybum:
Just looking for a little information on HPL, if anyone on the board is currently working for them?

Wages?
Hours?
Home every night?

Thanks

The Kit is leased and seems looked after.

You will working on Unifeeder and AT2B, DFDS Reefers Containers + sometimes Curtainsiders DHL, Cobelfret, AT2B Trailers etc.

Never seen any of their drivers driving bad or erratic [emoji106][emoji2532]

Most Fulltimers seem happy.

Hours can be long due to waiting times at ports and customers but AFAIK they pay by the hour.
I think Day work can be anything between 9-12 hours with them.

Apparently, if you’re tramping, they start your Night Outs later in the week. Meaning some Trampers start Monday with Tramping all week with a Friday Finish, while others start with Day jobs on the beginning of the week and the Night Outs beginn in the middle of the week.

Don’t know if that is an additional agreement with certain drivers or if everyone works like this. [emoji121][emoji2532][emoji848]

Saturday runs or running in on Saturday happens especially in the busy periods.

They seem to have Day Drivers, Nights often get covered by Agency.

All in all probably a good-ish employer. [emoji106][emoji2532]

R u generally looking for Container work around Immigham?

Tipperdipper1:

mardybum:

Wages?
Hours?
Home every night?

Thanks

The Kit is leased and seems looked after.

You will working on Unifeeder and AT2B, DFDS Reefers Containers + sometimes Curtainsiders DHL, Cobelfret, AT2B Trailers etc.

Never seen any of their drivers driving bad or erratic [emoji106][emoji2532]

Most Fulltimers seem happy.

Hours can be long due to waiting times at ports and customers but AFAIK they pay by the hour.
I think Day work can be anything between 9-12 hours with them.

Apparently, if you’re tramping, they start your Night Outs later in the week. Meaning some Trampers start Monday with Tramping all week with a Friday Finish, while others start with Day jobs on the beginning of the week and the Night Outs beginn in the middle of the week.

Don’t know if that is an additional agreement with certain drivers or if everyone works like this. [emoji121][emoji2532][emoji848]

Saturday runs or running in on Saturday happens especially in the busy periods.

They seem to have Day Drivers, Nights often get covered by Agency.

All in all probably a good-ish employer. [emoji106][emoji2532]

R u generally looking for Container work around Immigham?

EDIT: They’re not my employer but you meet their drivers here and there + fellow drivers got their spouses working there.

mardybum:
Yeh, I could ring them and ask the question.

But that gets managements view of being employed there, not a drivers perspective…

Exactly, I would think that this is exactly the kind of question this forum was set up for.

Maybe it would be better to be like the trackie who walked up to me the other day whilst I was tipping: “hi, what do you earn?”. That’s not going to get you a polite answer from anybody :laughing:

mardybum:

Wages?
Hours?
Home every night?

Thanks

Just recently been advertising of Facebook, seems it’s all 4 on 4 off, tramp, days or nights… doesn’t say what the wage is though.

Ask on here and you will get different answers,ask two people who work for HPL and you could still get different answer.
Its the same old saying “One mans meat is another mans poison”
Many years ago I used to move about from one job to another each time to better myself,where as a m8 just moved about because the job suited him money or conditions or vehicles never came into it.
Apply for info and make your own mind up

i spoke to a couple of guys there when I was looking for work and they said it was good work, good trucks and you average about 60 hours a week. I went in for an interview but ended up taking another job a bit closer to home, paying a little bit more doing the same job.