How to move a Mobile Project Vehicle

Beetlejuice:

Roymondo:

Beetlejuice:
Unless there is an accident anpr do not check mot .So you will only get problems if there is a problem with an actual stop and reg check by plod .

Oh, yes they do!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

The ANPR do not send fines through the post for no mot ! .I am not arguing the toss for the sake of it pal.My best mate is an insurance repair shop .I know the craic .

Where did I say that they do that?

All you have to do is drive past an anpr equipped plod car and you will trigger there alarm. Do what you want though, not my fine an license. Just make sure its not my vehicles you hit haha

Roymondo:

Beetlejuice:

Roymondo:

Beetlejuice:
Unless there is an accident anpr do not check mot .So you will only get problems if there is a problem with an actual stop and reg check by plod .

Oh, yes they do!

The ANPR do not send fines through the post for no mot ! .I am not arguing the toss for the sake of it pal.My best mate is an insurance repair shop .I know the craic .

Where did I say that they do that?

YAWN

Roymondo:

Conor:

m_attt:
Trade plates cover Road Fund License, nothing else. So has to have mot, unless going for prebooked mot.

Garage trade plates cover no MOT as well. Not all trade plates are the same.

No, they do not cover absence of a valid MoT (for vehicles which require one).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: WE NOW HAVE ROYMONDO CONTRADICTING CONOR :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
this could be a possible handbags at dawn and a batte of wits between unarmed opponents.
watch this space for breaking news as it happens…

dieseldog999:

Roymondo:

Conor:

m_attt:
Trade plates cover Road Fund License, nothing else. So has to have mot, unless going for prebooked mot.

Garage trade plates cover no MOT as well. Not all trade plates are the same.

No, they do not cover absence of a valid MoT (for vehicles which require one).

:laughing:

Just trying to help op .
But on this note i am OUT.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: WE NOW HAVE ROYMONDO CONTRADICTING CONOR :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
this could be a possible handbags at dawn and a batte of wits between unarmed opponents.
watch this space for breaking news as it happens…

m_attt:
NO trade plates cover mot, I have a set, I have the only form you use to apply for them. They cover RFL only. Clearly states vehicle must have mot and insuance. Unless its mot exempt. As in new car, etc

I used to be a mechanic and worked in main dealers and they most certainly did cover non-MOT’d vehicles. They used to have a triangular shape in the middle of one of the plates with a paper certificate in it which I believe might have been orange? It’s been a while so I forget the colour.

Conor:

m_attt:
NO trade plates cover mot, I have a set, I have the only form you use to apply for them. They cover RFL only. Clearly states vehicle must have mot and insuance. Unless its mot exempt. As in new car, etc

I used to be a mechanic and worked in main dealers and they most certainly did cover non-MOT’d vehicles. They used to have a triangular shape in the middle of one of the plates with a paper certificate in it which I believe might have been orange? It’s been a while so I forget the colour.

That triangular certificate (one per pair of plates) was in effect the “tax disc” in the days that we had paper discs. It had to be renewed every year (just like a paper disc). The paper certificate was removed in around 2002, and now it’s all done and is checkable on-line. The triangular certificate did not cover the absence of a valid MoT - it’s not needed anyway as whenever a garage is moving vehicles to/from the workshop or to the testing station it is covered by the normal exemptions.

Conor:

m_attt:

Nope, it was just the “tax disc” as said above. They dont cover mot when one is needed. They just allow dealers not to have to register an tax every car.

I bet the OP is impressed .

Where are you OP?

Wally Webb:
Where are you OP?

Probley got board and left

malcolmgbell:

Wally Webb:
Where are you OP?

Probley got board and left

What from getting correct information so he doesnt end up being fined, rather than listen to so called experts?

Wally Webb:
Where are you OP?

He’s probably jumped off a cliff reading this ■■■■ :laughing:

Thanks so much for all this advice. Will need a bit of time to go through it!

We’re London based but will need to move the bus from Essex to Cardiff, and then down to London once it has been converted.

toonsy:

Wally Webb:
Where are you OP?

He’s probably jumped off a cliff reading this [zb] :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thornton Bus Refurbishment work with First transporting deckers all over.

They are based in ashington.

Give them a call and see what transport cost would be.

I cant see a wrecker pulling it that distance for small change.

Might not work in Europe with their height limit at 4m but im sure between London and Cardiff :wink: :wink:

flickr.com/photos/doncaster … 4796420658

This is more realistic.

A bit of discussion here about the DVSA’s double standards regarding trade plate offences. Basically the law changed a couple of years ago, whereas previously trade plates were supposed to cover the number plate, now the number plate must remain visible. However they expect the trade plates to be positioned next to the numberplate… which in many cases is impossible if it is to remain vertical.

Fined one way; fined the other. Made so easy for them with ANPR cameras, Kerching. Exactly what one expects from this crowd.

cardealermagazine.co.uk/forum/to … late-laws/

Beetlejuice:
Traders use them on cars without mot all the time though ,Unless there is an accident anpr do not check mot .So you will only get problems if there is a problem with an actual stop and reg check by plod .
The question is, Take the risk or not? .It is up to your budget or your nerve ,I would just drive it on insurance and trade plates myself [emoji38]
But i remember the days of no mot no insurance ,baldy tyres and a slap on the wrist off plod [emoji38]

I used to do trade plate work taking cars to auctions or clearing yards for We Buy Any Car .
The only time we ever got pulled was for no MOT . This was always via ANPR
If you use the plates correctly and cover the original reg plates with them then ANPR will only read the trade plate . It also stops loads of grief from automatic toll and congestion charges .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk