Trade Plate Work. Who does it?

Just had a call to ask if I do trade plate work for coaches. Said no and swiftly hung up in order to save battery life.

Who does this type of work and why?

Low loader work maybe but cant say id ever do trade plate unless someone sells it well on here.

Cheers

Its work , and you get paid for it .

Life is all about choices i suppose,
and self survival . :unamused:

trux:
Its work , and you get paid for it .

Life is all about choices i suppose,
and self survival . :unamused:

Good point but do people choose this over general haulage work?

i did trade plating but the collections of a wide array of vehicles, the usual crack involves alot of hitchhiking and alot of unpaid hours, they tradeplating companies dont understand driver hours (well seem that way) not sure of the loop hole but summit to do with not carrying goods but back to your question if your using a low loader its probably different type of work than i did but we did move alot of coaches and buses we just had to drive them, the buses used to break down alot because there not used to driving alot of motorway miles,
the money was ok if you ignored the hardship and roughing it but some people carnt do it, its a totally different lifestyle than general haulage so you probably did the best thing

Have you got a coach/bus licence?? if yes thats why they wanted you…you can,t drive a
coach even empty without that group licence. are you special…they need you.
John

3300John:
Have you got a coach/bus licence?? if yes thats why they wanted you…you can,t drive a
coach even empty without that group licence. are you special…they need you.
John

Yes have manual psv licence and HGV1. Someone passed my details on to them. Nothing special :slight_smile:

There are guys on coachdriverforum doing this work regularly.Plaxton have a factory near Scarborough and Alexander dennis have theirs at Falkirk the buses have to be moved to their customers as has been said “its work”,They normally alter the limiters so they can fly down the motorways.much to the chagrin of the HGV men.