Honda set to shut swindon factory

GasGas:
Had we not voted Brexit, we would have had a seat at the EU - Japan negotiations.

The tariffs are being phased out, not abolished overnight.

The Uk has shown its inexperience and arrogance on the international stage since Brexit…see the talks with China cancelled after Gavin (Battle Picture Weekly) Williamson said he was going to sent the UK’s new aircraft carrier to the South China Sea to show the little yellow men what a man he was.

No doubt he saw a lucrative market for opium in China, once the Chinese navy was sunk.

Confirmation that you’re a swivel eyed angremainer without a clue about the EU, the EU-Japan 2021 trade agreement or indeed anything.
Your second sentence is exactly why this is being announced now when it takes place in a few years, are you really that thick that you don’t understand what you, yourself are typing whilst you froth at the mouth.
Production will likely cease across the whole EU over the next few years, and not just cars, the Japanese economy needs the boost and your EU overlords have given it to them on a plate.
If you want to look at feckless negotiations then take a look at the EU, they are the ones that negotiated a zero tariff and therefore removed any reason to produce within their own borders…oh and don’t forget, these negotiations didn’t take place overnight,it will have been years,as you pathetic remainers are so keen to point out when it comes to future trade deals for the uk post Brexit.
So which one is it GasGas? Has this deal been on the table for less than two years or not, because if it has and as you say, we were excluded due to the vote then it’s lies from remain about it taking years and years to negotiate a trade deal…seems like it less than 2 according to you…which is it fella??
Too stupid to understand why it takes years though? Try and think how difficult it is to negotiate with 27 countries, their individual jurisdictions and their motives and then think how hard it would be to deal with one government…hmmmmm…
Keep your head in the sand GasGas, enjoy the warmth of that EU ■■■■…maybe you could buy a VW or Citroen whilst you swallow, after all they remain in the EU whilst Japanese production moves away and they retain economic strength, Germany and France come out on top but others suffer, strange that■■?
I knew you would post on this asap, also knew it would be witless, spoonfed, brain dead garbage… :unamused: :unamused: :grimacing:

Whatever happens we leave the the icy grip of the unelected, unaccountable EU MAFIA on 29/03/2019 at 2300hrs and since this exit has been given Royal Assent there is only the Queen that can stop it by revoking her Royal Assent, which I doubt is going to happen as technically if the Queen revokes her Royal Assent she will have given up her crown, democracy and sovereignty to the EU MAFIA, do any of you REMAINIACS contemplate that really happening? but on a much lighter note yer all invited to West Yorkshires Independence Day shindig, bring yer own drinks :laughing: :sunglasses: It will be the greatest paarttayy you will ever have attended and afterwards we can all get on with MAKING BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN, INSTEAD OF BEING TRAITOROUS QUISLING’S, simple’s eh lads :laughing: :sunglasses:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Known about this for some time now via, via.
As the Honda factory in Gent ,Belgium is already expanding their premises.
They say they’ll but looking for around 2000 extra jobs over here.

Norfolkinclue1:

GasGas:
Had we not voted Brexit, we would have had a seat at the EU - Japan negotiations.

The tariffs are being phased out, not abolished overnight.

The Uk has shown its inexperience and arrogance on the international stage since Brexit…see the talks with China cancelled after Gavin (Battle Picture Weekly) Williamson said he was going to sent the UK’s new aircraft carrier to the South China Sea to show the little yellow men what a man he was.

No doubt he saw a lucrative market for opium in China, once the Chinese navy was sunk.

Confirmation that you’re a swivel eyed angremainer without a clue about the EU, the EU-Japan 2021 trade agreement or indeed anything.
Your second sentence is exactly why this is being announced now when it takes place in a few years, are you really that thick that you don’t understand what you, yourself are typing whilst you froth at the mouth.
Production will likely cease across the whole EU over the next few years, and not just cars, the Japanese economy needs the boost and your EU overlords have given it to them on a plate.
If you want to look at feckless negotiations then take a look at the EU, they are the ones that negotiated a zero tariff and therefore removed any reason to produce within their own borders…oh and don’t forget, these negotiations didn’t take place overnight,it will have been years,as you pathetic remainers are so keen to point out when it comes to future trade deals for the uk post Brexit.
So which one is it GasGas? Has this deal been on the table for less than two years or not, because if it has and as you say, we were excluded due to the vote then it’s lies from remain about it taking years and years to negotiate a trade deal…seems like it less than 2 according to you…which is it fella??
Too stupid to understand why it takes years though? Try and think how difficult it is to negotiate with 27 countries, their individual jurisdictions and their motives and then think how hard it would be to deal with one government…hmmmmm…
Keep your head in the sand GasGas, enjoy the warmth of that EU ■■■■…maybe you could buy a VW or Citroen whilst you swallow, after all they remain in the EU whilst Japanese production moves away and they retain economic strength, Germany and France come out on top but others suffer, strange that■■?
I knew you would post on this asap, also knew it would be witless, spoonfed, brain dead garbage… :unamused: :unamused: :grimacing:

@Norfolkinclue, don’t hold back mate :open_mouth: :wink: :sunglasses: The remoaners and remainaics are just very, very sore loser’s and will keep this ‘project fear’ nonsense going, as long as possible, just to justify there position on the wrong side of history, just as these fools sow their seed into the wind of the EU MAFIA they will will reap the whirlwind of their foolish treachery :exclamation:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Geoffo:
Known about this for some time now via, via.
As the Honda factory in Gent ,Belgium is already expanding their premises.
They say they’ll but looking for around 2000 extra jobs over here.

They don’t manufacture cars there though do they?.They are parts and motorcycle wharehouses.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cant be arsed to read back.
A unite spokesman said “its a body shattering blow”
No ■■■■ Sherlock.

they’re closing a factory in Turkey too, looks like they want all production in the motherland…and who can blame them.

More like belt tightening exercise! come 2021 when the new emissions limit of 95g/km comes into force Honda (currently at 96.6g/km) are looking at hundreds of millions of €uros in fines. 1.6 grams doesn’t sound a lot but for every gram over 95 they will be fined €95 across their fleet and as Honda manufactures hundreds of thousands of cars/year for the European market It soon adds up.
Eight out of the thirteen car manufacturers will fail too meet their CO2 commitments in 2021 and at present VW are looking at €1.4billion in fines in 2021, PSA are looking at €600million :open_mouth:

maga:
they’re closing a factory in Turkey too, looks like they want all production in the motherland…and who can blame them.

…according to the Brexitting Swindon MP, who must now be seriously worried about his job after the next election.

But, in other news…

automotive-exports.com/honda-pla … key-plant/

GasGas:
But, in other news…

automotive-exports.com/honda-pla … key-plant/

From 2016.

Indeed…but that’s the most recent reference to the Turkish plant that I can find in reputable news media.

Obviously it’s now very difficult to find fair and accurate reporting on Turkey now…it’s rapidly sliding back into dictatorship.

GasGas:
Indeed…but that’s the most recent reference to the Turkish plant that I can find in reputable news media.

Obviously it’s now very difficult to find fair and accurate reporting on Turkey now…it’s rapidly sliding back into dictatorship.

There have been many changes globally in the last 3 years, both politically and economically, probably the most rapid change since the fall of the Communist regimes in Eastern Europe and Russia.

And in the EU, I think Brexit is now the least of their problems after the shock it created in 2016, what with the rise in populist euroskeptic parties, civil unrest in France and Catalonia, EU member countries forming groups to directly oppose the EU and an economic downturn so soon after it seemed that the Eurozone was recovering and which includes Germany.

davepenn54:
Whatever happens we leave the the icy grip of the unelected, unaccountable EU MAFIA on 29/03/2019 at 2300hrs and since this exit has been given Royal Assent there is only the Queen that can stop it by revoking her Royal Assent, which I doubt is going to happen as technically if the Queen revokes her Royal Assent she will have given up her crown, democracy and sovereignty to the EU MAFIA, do any of you REMAINIACS contemplate that really happening? but on a much lighter note yer all invited to West Yorkshires Independence Day shindig, bring yer own drinks :laughing: :sunglasses: It will be the greatest paarttayy you will ever have attended and afterwards we can all get on with MAKING BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN, INSTEAD OF BEING TRAITOROUS QUISLING’S, simple’s eh lads :laughing: :sunglasses:

Regards
Dave Penn;

The Queen gave up her crown to the EU mafia when she signed the Royal Assent to the European Communities Act nor said a word in opposition to the Single European Act,Maastricht or Lisbon.

Suggest you check out section 13 of the so called ‘Withdrawal Act’ which means anything but ‘exit’.

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 … 13/enacted

On that note you can bet that Liz,helped by her stinking EU Federalist quisling parliament,isn’t going to grant Royal Assent to anything in the ‘Implementation Act’,required to ratify the ‘Withdrawal Act’,which contradicts/reverses the hand over of sovereignty contained in her Royal Assent of the European Communities Act and all which followed it,being an obvious admission,of at best dereliction of duty or at worse treason,if she does. :wink:

Trust me this is going to get messy sooner or later,think former Yugoslavia type messy,but in which the UK forces and its government and a sizeable chunk of the general population are all on the side of the EU Federal government.Unlike the Slovene government,people and Nationalist militia v the JNA for example.

Wheel Nut:
I got into trouble earlier when I mentioned that BMI has gone bust and they were blaming Brexit, they didnt mention that they are flying their planes half full or in my case half empty.

Half full■■? More like just over a third full. The average load was around 18. Like driving an artic around with on average just 10 pallets on.

GasGas:
Sorry to hear that…now the can has been opened to reveal the worms within we need a second vote so we can see if we are still stupid enough to want to eat them.

I like worm thank you very much

bbc.co.uk/news/business-47290331
UK employment at record high

I blame brexit :laughing:
Seriously though the figures are a joke tis the gig economy in full swing.

Remoaners and Remainaics just can’t get over the fact that the silent forgotten majority turned out to vote for what the believed in and now all their project fear fantasies are becoming more bizarre everyday, but I think some of them are going through some kind of mental breakdown because even with overwhelming evidence to disprove the fantasy they still live in denial, sad really how failure affects some people :neutral_face:

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Remoaners and Remainaics just can’t get over the fact that the silent forgotten majority turned out to vote for what the believed in and now all their project fear fantasies are becoming more bizarre everyday, but I think some of them are going through some kind of mental breakdown because even with overwhelming evidence to disprove the fantasy they still live in denial, sad really how failure affects some people :neutral_face:

Regards
Dave Penn;

You can kinda draw a connection with brexit and trumps wall.
The Democrats in Washington don’t see the point in funding a wall yet trump won by appealing to people who often don’t get a voice who actually want a wall.
The Democrats can’t seem to grasp that trump won the election due to that promise. By trying stop the wall I susoect they are ensuring they won’t get their vote again.

Fantasies?
“The easiest trade negotiations ever.”
“We’ll have many agreements in force from midnight March 29th.”
“They need us more than we need them.”
“Turkey is all set to join the EU.”
“350m for the NHS.”
“Here are only upsides, no downsides to Brexit.”
“The Irish border is easily managed by technology.”

More fantasies and wishful thinking than fact there.

Edit. To add one more:
“Take back control.”
Is this an example of a Government in control?
Or is it the citizenry in control?
We never were in control, and aren’t now.
Same nonsense but looking to get poorer too.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

adam277:
You can kinda draw a connection with brexit and trumps wall.

Ironically in this case it’s more the contradiction between the President of the largest most dictatorial Federal government on the planet and as such denying Texans the right to a vote to secede from the Union,supposedly supporting Brexit.Which probably explains why Trump hasn’t unilaterally de recognised UK’s EU member status and imposed trade sanctions on Japan and Germany regarding not only a rigged trade regime at the expense of the US,but also now what is an obvious attempt by them to rig the Japanese/European trade regime at the expense of UK in an obvious amateurish attempt to subvert Brexit.Let alone challenged the legality of the EU’s actions in trying to pretend that it is a declared de Jure Federal superstate on the world stage,under international law.