Job Losses.

More bad news for UK Manufacturing.
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7025413.stm

A few years and you won’t be able to use the words ‘UK’ and ‘Manufacturing’ in the same sentence. :imp: :imp: :imp:

It’s bad news but what I don’t understand is if they’re transferring the manufacture of these products to Poland,

who’s going to make them ?

all the polish people are over here aren’t they

followed by the pillocks in royal mail who will soon release they have NO mail to post,then complaine that its all gone private.

To be fair that is quite a good result as the general concensus when it was announced earlier this year was that there could be 8000 jobs lost.

So 500 in Keynsham and 200 in Birmingham isnt bad at all is it?

It wont affect me as we already carry chocolate from Poland and the factory is quite modern.

For me the good news is that Chirk has remained open because unlike Keynsham the guys in Wrexham dont have another choice of employers.

Im quite surprised that Bournville was saved because the land the factory is built on must be worth millions although Keynsham site will be worth a lot of money too. The building lends itself to a massive block of beautiful flats :stuck_out_tongue:

BIG MAC:
followed by the pillocks in royal mail who will soon release they have NO mail to post,then complaine that its all gone private.

WELL SAID.

Wheel Nut:
So 500 in Keynsham and 200 in Birmingham isnt bad at all is it?

The people affected might not see it as such a result Malc

Wheel Nut:
It wont affect me as we already carry chocolate from Poland and the factory is quite modern.

Until they also decide you are costing too much, and get a Pole to drive your truck full of Polish chocolate to Blighty :unamused:

Hands up anyone who insisted on buying a British-built computer when they bought it.

Harry Monk:
Hands up anyone who insisted on buying a British-built computer when they bought it.

My hand is up Harry, ‘Dell’ sounds nice and British to me… :sunglasses: :blush: :blush:

for the GROSSLY un-educated bitter and twisted ‘sort of midland area’ people on this thread BOURNVILLE is the Willy Wonka of the chocolate world,ie born and bred,not 'interbred, get over Brian Clough…the futures Martin…Its been 2000 years or atleast it feels like it :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: