Fantasies?
“The easiest trade negotiations ever.”
“We’ll have many agreements in force from midnight March 29th.”
“They need us more than we need them.”
“Turkey is all set to join the EU.”
“350m for the NHS.”
“Here are only upsides, no downsides to Brexit.”
“The Irish border is easily managed by technology.”

More fantasies and wishful thinking than fact there.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

And of course the remain camp were wholly truthful, Honda’s closing has more to do with world economics and the free trade deal that Japan has struck with the Eu than Brexit. During the campaign remain just fought those who wanted to leave didn’t push the plus points of the EU, and in many cases stooped to the level of those who campaigned to leave, if you run a crap campaign don’t be surprised when you lose.
The EU is an on going project the EU of 2014 when the referendum was announced will not be the EU OF 2024 it is morphing all the time into a federal state whose answer to every problem is more federalism when it is clear across Europe that this is not what the people want. Huge sums of money wasted on political ■■■■ waving projects when at grass roots there are real problems to be solved the European army and the Strasbourg parliament being two prime examples NATO and Brussels are fine but the they’re not French so to appease the French millions of euros are wasted. Most EU countries don’t honour their financial obligations to NATO yet are now going to have to cough up to fund the EU army.
Had the EU said in 2014 maybe it’s time to take stock realise that there were problems and start to address them it is more than likely that remain would have won, but no they just blindly push on, the recent bi-lateral deal between France and Germany should worry many of the smaller countries why do they need an extra deal? if the EU is so good what is wrong with the current arrangements.

The idea of a customs union and free trade between European countries is a good one but could be put in place without the dream of a federal Europe

daftvader:

Geoffo:
Known about this for some time now via, via.
As the Honda factory in Gent ,Belgium is already expanding their premises.
They say they’ll but looking for around 2000 extra jobs over here.

They don’t manufacture cars there though do they?.They are parts and motorcycle wharehouses.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As stated, its the main parts distribution centre. It would take one hell of a lot of work to turn it into a production plant but being right next to the docks, it would not surprise me if they did produce cars there in the future.

Suedehead:

daftvader:

Geoffo:

They don’t manufacture cars there though do they?.They are parts and motorcycle wharehouses.

As stated, its the main parts distribution centre. It would take one hell of a lot of work to turn it into a production plant but being right next to the docks, it would not surprise me if they did produce cars there in the future.

But why would they when they now have tariff free access direct from the production line in Japan there is no need to build any plants in Europe any more

Sand Fisher:

Wheel Nut:
I got into trouble earlier when I mentioned that BMI has gone bust and they were blaming Brexit, they didnt mention that they are flying their planes half full or in my case half empty.

Half full■■? More like just over a third full. The average load was around 18. Like driving an artic around with on average just 10 pallets on.

The official reply to that was they were doing more contract work with Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls Royce etc. Obviously not enough dear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carryfast:

GasGas:
I don’t see what the EU turning on diesel has to do with Honda closing its UK factory…Honda has always been pro-petrol and well placed to produce petrol cars.

Here’s what happened, with no political spin.

The Japanese car makers faced tariff barriers exporting to the EU.

To get under the barriers, they needed to build cars in the EU .

The UK was the obvious choice: English being the most widely-spoken western language in Japan.

On top of this, the UK courted the Japanese to open factories in the UK in places where there was a base of skilled but unemployed workers: Swindon (ex railways), Sunderland (ex shipyard) and Derbyshire (ex miners).

The Japanese companies involved always regarded the UK as being their base in the EU.

Now the EU (excluding the UK) and Japan have a free-trade agreement so product can flow seamlessly between the Japan and the EU.

The Uk had decided to leave the EU, and can’t agree with itself under what terms. A few weeks ago, the Japanese ambassador explained very clearly that this was going to call the future of Japan’s investment in the UK into question.

No one should be surprised by this.

The people of Swindon and Wiltshire voted Leave.

If that included Honda workers, they voted to leave their jobs.

More fools them.

Here’s what really happened as you’ve said yourself but being a Fedralist you’re obviously too deaf and blind to understand your own statements.

Free trade agreement between the Japs and the EU so obviously no more need to ‘assemble’ cars in the stinking self proclaimed Federation of the EU to avoid the no longer existent tariff barriers.So as a non EU member state the UK isn’t part of the agreement and if the Japs want to flog their crap tin cans here then,unlike Euroland,we can still hit the Oriental tossers with tariff barriers just as before with the bonus that we can also now hit the Germans and the French producers too. :smiley: :wink: All to the obvious benefit of uk car production.

Also didn’t hear any remainers moaning about the closure and transfer to Germany of Ford and GM production among other massive car industry job losses caused by the open door import regime which our EU membership opened up and handed our German competitors on a plate.

On that note remind us which EU state obviously now gets the ‘benefit’ of all this Jap car assembly operation transferred from UK going by your typical Federalist bs.Oh wait the Japs don’t need to produce any cars at all in Euroland now for the reasons you’ve given yourself being a free trade agreement between the EU and Japan nothing to do with UK which is obviously now in a better position in not being subject to the EU free trade agreement as it would have been ‘if’ we’d have remained a member of the stinking EU pile. :unamused:

Which just now leaves the question of a governement with the patriotism and the balls to deliver Brexit and to tell the Japs that any cars sold here will be subject to increased tariffs over those previously imposed by the EU while all US imports will have tariffs and EU type approval removed.

that’s one of the best that’s come out of your mouth +1

davepenn54:
Whatever happens we leave the the icy grip of the unelected, unaccountable EU MAFIA on 29/03/2019 at 2300hrs and since this exit has been given Royal Assent there is only the Queen that can stop it by revoking her Royal Assent, which I doubt is going to happen as technically if the Queen revokes her Royal Assent she will have given up her crown, democracy and sovereignty to the EU MAFIA, do any of you REMAINIACS contemplate that really happening? but on a much lighter note yer all invited to West Yorkshires Independence Day shindig, bring yer own drinks :laughing: :sunglasses: It will be the greatest paarttayy you will ever have attended and afterwards we can all get on with MAKING BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN, INSTEAD OF BEING TRAITOROUS QUISLING’S, simple’s eh lads :laughing: :sunglasses:

Regards
Dave Penn;

what times the party

muckles:

GasGas:
But, in other news…

automotive-exports.com/honda-pla … key-plant/

From 2016.

keep up at the back

muckles:

GasGas:
But, in other news…

automotive-exports.com/honda-pla … key-plant/

From 2016.

he had the paper upside down

All car manufacturers are after one thing, that is market share, Honda has seen its markets drop year on year, there are other successful Japanese manufacturers who don’t build cars in the UK or Europe, markets change. Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Suzuki. Isuzu, Daihatsu.

I’m just pleased I bought the future Mrs Nut a Hyundai strimmer rather than a Honda for Valentines Day. South Korea is gaining strength in the automotive market in the EU and UK.

Suedehead:

daftvader:

Geoffo:

That might be what they have in mind. An extra 2000 people makes one hell of a distribution parts centre.

adam277:
UK employment hits another record high - BBC News
UK employment at record high

I blame brexit :laughing:
Seriously though the figures are a joke tis the gig economy in full swing.

I know you’ve pointed out the figures include the gig economy etc but… remember…

The BBC is pro-remain so onky paint a negative picture :unamused:

You also can’t trust statistics (if they don’t fit the agenda - whatever that agenda may be) :unamused:

We’ve also had enough of experts apparently :unamused:

maga:
terrible news…i’m not hopeful for my job at JLR after brexit either, the car manufacturing industry really is suffering and brexit hasn’t even happened yet!

That’s a big down turn, in September JLR was working flat out.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156900&p=2518762#p2518762

Geoffo:

Suedehead:

daftvader:

Geoffo:

That might be what they have in mind. An extra 2000 people makes one hell of a distribution parts centre.

Stranger things have happened.
It doesn’t seem like 5 minutes ago that Honda were stating that they were totally committed to the future of the Swindon plant.

Wheel Nut:
All car manufacturers are after one thing, that is market share, Honda has seen its markets drop year on year, there are other successful Japanese manufacturers who don’t build cars in the UK or Europe, markets change. Mazda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Suzuki. Isuzu, Daihatsu.

I’m just pleased I bought the future Mrs Nut a Hyundai strimmer rather than a Honda for Valentines Day. South Korea is gaining strength in the automotive market in the EU and UK.

Suzuki has a plant in Hungary and no news about them moving so far.

The issue here is volume 150000 units a year is not viable for mass car production, the plant at Swindon has never realised its full production level the same goes for Toyota at Derby to be fair the basic civic costs £18,250 or thereabouts and the new Corolla to replace the Auris costs around £20000.

Most people who buy or lease new cars and keep them for a relatively short period can get a comparable model from any number of manufactures for far less the only Japanese manufacturer who has sold in large numbers in Europe is Nissan who are now owned by Renault which has helped them become reasonable value for money.

Washwipe:

maga:
terrible news…i’m not hopeful for my job at JLR after brexit either, the car manufacturing industry really is suffering and brexit hasn’t even happened yet!

That’s a big down turn, in September JLR was working flat out.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156900&p=2518762#p2518762

things are changing fast mate… solihull is at least getting a load of investment to secure its future for a fair few years yet in the shape of a new trim and final shop. Its just whether I have to service to keep my job should more redundancies come around.

fuser84:

Wheel Nut:

Suzuki has a plant in Hungary and no news about them moving so far.

I realised that after typing it, however Suzuki have been very promiscuous with their business links and ties to other manufacturers including, Nissan, Isuzu, General Motors, Daewoo and Volkswagen. It holds a very small share and finished manufacture in North America in 2012

Franglais:
I think you’re correct that some Swindon made Hondas end up in the USA etc.
And yes it’s probably not only Brexit, causing this but the effect can’t be written off.

k

More than just “some” - my understanding is that over half of Swindon’s production goes to North America. If that’s the case it would be daft to contemplate keeping production in the UK when the current Civic ceases.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Franglais:
And yes it’s probably not only Brexit, causing this but the effect can’t be written off.

k

More than just “some” - my understanding is that over half of Swindon’s production goes to North America. If that’s the case it would be daft to contemplate keeping production in the UK when the current Civic ceases.

Why ?. :confused: Especially if our government removes quota,tariff and EU type approval barriers from US vehicle imports and hits Jap and EU imports instead.With pressure from the US on the Jap government to keep Jap export,US market,car production in the UK being a fair part of the deal.The whole scam looks like an amateurish attempt by the EU ( Germany ) to play off the Japs against the UK which Brexit would allow us to throw back in their faces by playing off the US against the EU and the Japs.

Roymondo:

Franglais:

k

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

They made 160000 Civics last year IN Swindon 90% went to EU.