HIAB Training North East

blueiain1967:
It was meant for the many class 2 agency drivers up here in the North East

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been looking for class 2 work for ages now, and round here, there’s near enough nowt, unless it’s agency…

So I’ve gone and booked my class 1 with PSTT…

Goldfinger:

Tockwith Training:
Hi BlueIain1967, give me a call and i’ll do you a deal, you will have to be flexible on dates. you can have either RTITB or ALLMI but everyone goes ALLMI as its CSCS and BuildUK recognised.

I ‘had’ my CSCS card for hiab, but it expired in August 2016. Would I just need a refresher, or the whole shebang again…

Rough cost too if possible…?

I’ve found with cards like this, it depends on whether you have been actively using it prior to it running out. usually, anything more than a 6 month gap from not using it, companies will suggest you take the whole course again but if you’re paying, it can be your choice I guess.

Well went a done a 2 day HIAB course with Tockwith Training in York,
The first day was spent in the classroom learning all the HSE stuff, we had our multi choice exam, (didn’t realise it was a pass or fail) also we had a quick look around the motor and crane we were using the next day.
Day 2 and well it was chucking it down, but out we went and practiced with the crane, Wow didn’t realise how ■■■■■ we were, that crane was jerking and jumping all over, we weren’t very fluid or light on the controls, Steve the instructor made it look easy when he demonstrated the remote controls, after a few hours practice, we had become a little better at the controls and being able to move the main arm and secondary arm together, reducing the stress and strains on the crane from earlier in the day, in the afternoon we had our test, it was nerve-racking, it was like taking my HGV test again, after making 1 or 2 minor mistakes I’m happy to say I’ve passed.

I would like to day a big thank you to Steve, very professional and a good teaching style, and Tockwith Training good safe environment and decent kit.

blueiain1967:
Well went a done a 2 day HIAB course with Tockwith Training in York,
The first day was spent in the classroom learning all the HSE stuff, we had our multi choice exam, (didn’t realise it was a pass or fail) also we had a quick look around the motor and crane we were using the next day.
Day 2 and well it was chucking it down, but out we went and practiced with the crane, Wow didn’t realise how [zb] we were, that crane was jerking and jumping all over, we weren’t very fluid or light on the controls, Steve the instructor made it look easy when he demonstrated the remote controls, after a few hours practice, we had become a little better at the controls and being able to move the main arm and secondary arm together, reducing the stress and strains on the crane from earlier in the day, in the afternoon we had our test, it was nerve-racking, it was like taking my HGV test again, after making 1 or 2 minor mistakes I’m happy to say I’ve passed.

I would like to day a big thank you to Steve, very professional and a good teaching style, and Tockwith Training good safe environment and decent kit.

Well done mate, is this ALLMI. also you should get 7 hours towards you cpc and get the certificate free, no extra cost. also, legally, you will need to do your 1 day banksman/signaller ticket too, and also you are entitled to another 7 hours cpc with certificate from instructor.

Thanks Blueiain1967 - Steve is a very professional instructor - a rarity whrn it comes to HIAB training, glad you enjoyed it and hope it proves useful.