HGV WAGES.

peter s:

Big Truck:
I personally know drivers here in NI who are driving quarry bulk tippers/lowloader and bitumen tankers for £7.50hr 1st 40hrs then time and a half rest of week.
Have told them they are MENTAL many times but carry on doin what they do instead of moving on to better paid work.

Better paid work, where? Lol. Unless you call tramping for the usual scumbags, working yourself into an early grave. Fact is the only work here is [zb] low paid work

One driver is going to Albert Campbell bulk haulage@ £10hr.
Another is going back to McQuillans Quarries @£9.07hr time and half after 40hrs and on Sat, double bubble on Sun.

I’m now on £600+home for Sawyers 5shifts on trips to mainland and back roughly 3nights and approx 50/55hrs “on duty”.
Late Sun night to Fri lunch mostly.

There are some decent paid NI work if you look.
Camden will have 4trucks parked up looking men this Fri £550/650 but handball windows/glass/doors off trailer but always help at drops

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

For me, 60 hours over 5 shifts on nights doing ADR tanker work brings in £891.75 gross.
But there is no sitting around tossing it off for that, you’re on the go almost all the time…

Big Truck:

Big Truck:
I personally know drivers here in NI who are driving quarry bulk tippers/lowloader and bitumen tankers for £7.50hr 1st 40hrs then time and a half rest of week.
Have told them they are MENTAL many times but carry on doin what they do instead of moving on to better paid work.

Big development this week as HALF this small operators trucks will be parked up next Fri.
One truck no driver past 4months.
One truck driver broke leg off duty and not back to July.
Two other trucks drivers handed notice in Thur/Fri there and moving to other bulk tipper/ quarry outfit who pay better money.

Think this fella with 8 artics will struggle to fill the vacancies.

I see a haulage co. in Limavady always advertising class c&e jobs. £7.50 an hour. I have only class c at the minute but would refuse to drive for that money

AndrewG:

Juddian:
You won’t ever see the best paid jobs advertised, hence you won’t see the rate’s mentioned above in genuine job adverts.

Companies who pay over the odds don’t need to advertise, few drivers leave and others gravitate in by word of mouth or by seeing the vehicles about then knocking on the door.

Juddian has it here. Company i sub for pays top dollar for experienced drivers, the turnover is small very few ever leave and when they do need an extra driver no advertising is necessary, theres always a queue at the door…

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Evil8Beezle:
For me, 60 hours over 5 shifts on nights doing ADR tanker work brings in £891.75 gross.
But there is no sitting around tossing it off for that, you’re on the go almost all the time…

Over the year you’ll pay £7,748 income tax and £4,261 in National Insurance.

That’s enough to say Nah its OK lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:

Evil8Beezle:

I’ve no issue with paying the TAX & NI, I just don’t want that many hours, as that’s a light week! :open_mouth:
The job is crap as it’s zero hours contract where you’re expected to do alternate reduced weekly rests, and max out your hours.
And if you so no, you can guess where that leads! :laughing:

Now if it was a 4 on 4 off, I’d be more than happy. :smiley:
But the accountants have worked out that as it’s someone seasonal work, it’s better to beast the ‘assets’ when it’s busy and cut them back when not. So I quit 7 weeks ago, problem is I’m still there, be it part time now… :wink:

I’m on nights and am salaried at £102 per shift. Job used to take 10hrs max but has been getting steadily longer and longer recently.

Not so long ago did 14¼hrs, which works out at £7.15 per hour. It’s ■■■■■■■ tragic.

I’m on roughly the same now doing class 2 tramping than I was in 2003 driving a kerb side recycling truck for local council directly employed 6am start most days home by 3 latest and 2 days home by 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:

I’ve never understood that, if you’ve paid plenty tax its because you have earned plenty of money… Nothing to be upset about in the slightest. Yes he could have paid less in tax if he had fiddled the system, but in all fairness why should he?

That being said he said he quit, so it cant have been a bed of roses can it??

F-reds:

JaxDemon:

I’ve never understood that, if you’ve paid plenty tax its because you have earned plenty of money…

Yeah I don’t get that either, as when people moan to me about how much tax they are paying them, I ask them whether they’d prefer to be paid about 11k, and not pay any tax instead? :confused:

ThrustMaster:
I’m on nights and am salaried at £102 per shift. Job used to take 10hrs max but has been getting steadily longer and longer recently.

Not so long ago did 14¼hrs, which works out at £7.15 per hour. It’s [zb] tragic.

Leave.

F-reds:

JaxDemon:

I’ve never understood that, if you’ve paid plenty tax its because you have earned plenty of money… Nothing to be upset about in the slightest. Yes he could have paid less in tax if he had fiddled the system, but in all fairness why should he?

That being said he said he quit, so it cant have been a bed of roses can it??

Oh don’t get me wrong I agree I just think it’s bloody daft how much you pay in tax.

I had some letter through the other day explaining where 3.6k tax I paid went and nearly 1k of it went on Welfare and that was the highest thing our tax goes to apparently lol.

ThrustMaster:

Not so long ago did 14¼hrs, which works out at £7.15 per hour. It’s [zb] tragic.

5p less then minimum wage then for that shift. You don’t want too many of them shifts do you. Concorde logistics paid salary and plenty of 15h days meant we was earning less then min wage.

I’d personally leave.

Get your PAYE expenses rebate incorporated into your tax code.
Also if you partner only works PT and pays no tax/ NI get part of her personnel tax allowance moved over to yours.

My PAYE tax code is 1607m meaning can earn £16007 before the taxman starts taking his whack.
Every little helps!!![emoji41]

Evil8Beezle:

F-reds:

JaxDemon:

I’ve never understood that, if you’ve paid plenty tax its because you have earned plenty of money…

Yeah I don’t get that either, as when people moan to me about how much tax they are paying them, I ask them whether they’d prefer to be paid about 11k, and not pay any tax instead? :confused:

11k free wages.
Free rent.
Free council tax bill paid.
Maximum Child tax Credits reward.
Free Dental care.
At home all day.

Been there, done that. Got depressed,Got super fat. Changed life around and now a stud with a career driving trucks haha. Not something I’d do again ever.

Cov:

ThrustMaster:

Leave.

JaxDemon:
I’d personally leave.

I completely agree but I’m physically disabled after an industrial accident a few years ago and if I leave this job, I’ll never work again.
It’ll be a life on benefits and a life of poverty.

I need this job…however crap the pay, to put food on the table and keep a roof over my head.

ThrustMaster:

Cov:

ThrustMaster:

Leave.

JaxDemon:
I’d personally leave.

I completely agree but I’m physically disabled after an industrial accident a few years ago and if I leave this job, I’ll never work again.
It’ll be a life on benefits and a life of poverty.

I need this job…however crap the pay, to put food on the table and keep a roof over my head.

Why can’t you drive for somebody else mate? :confused:

Can’t find a job that’s as phyiscally easy as I’m in just now. I need a job sitting down and that’s all I can manage.

ThrustMaster:
Can’t find a job that’s as phyiscally easy as I’m in just now. I need a job sitting down and that’s all I can manage.

Good on you though for carrying on/wanting to work, theres plenty out there physically fit and able willing to sit at home on their arse all day doing nothing.
If youre disabled isnt there some kind of help from somewhere like a job centre maybe that could help you find alternative suitable work?

29k job and finish… Start in Wolverhampton to Nuneaton to Bristol to Cirencester then back to Wolverhampton everyday no waiting.
Start at 12 done for 2100.
£8 an hour for ADR tanks?? Look at the risks?
£105 for 13hours?
■■■■ that.

I still say, if they can afford to pay the rates I’m getting now, for xmas, they can afford to pay it, or certainly a lot more the rest of the year too.
I know they are selling more, but they Assisi have more drivers, so its still the same amount paid per tonne moved per mile.
I’m here, hotel paid for, £195 per day (PAYE), fit ten hours. Anything over that is OT. I got sent back to the hotel after 6.5 hours, and that’s not unusual.
If they can’t afford it, why would they do it?