"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Fotografie-LKW-Henschel-Schwertransport-mit-Borsig-Fabrikanlage-vor-Fabrikhalle-Viktor-Baumann-Schwertransporte-Bonn.jpg

Fotografie-LKW-Henschel-Schwertransport-mit-Borsig-Fabrikanlage-Viktor-Baumann-Schwertransporte-Bonn.jpg

Instead of using the modular sets with clamps, or a extendable stepframe, they’ve loaded this piece on a Teletrailer… not sure how they manage to get it on and off…

Seems Mammoet and ALE are teaming up…

mammoet.com/news/mammoet-an … in-forces/

pv83:

According to the headline, it is a takeover of ALE. So who does that leave in competition? Is the EU likely to become involved?

Spardo:

pv83:

According to the headline, it is a takeover of ALE. So who does that leave in competition? Is the EU likely to become involved?

khl.com/international-crane … 18.article

pv83:

Spardo:

pv83:

Thank you Patrick, but perhaps I can rest my case, with Nos 1 and 3 merging, Sarens must be feeling a little lonely. And I still wonder if the EU competitions people may get involved. :question:

Spardo:

pv83:

Spardo:

pv83:

Thank you Patrick, but perhaps I can rest my case, with Nos 1 and 3 merging, Sarens must be feeling a little lonely. And I still wonder if the EU competitions people may get involved. :question:

I always assumed that Sarens was the biggest of the three of them… Not sure what happens next now…

pv83:
I always assumed that Sarens was the biggest of the three of them… Not sure what happens next now…

I must admit that Sarens was never really on my radar, perhaps because I saw more of the other 2 on the road. Was it Sarens or Mammoet that Econofreight, Sunters and Wynns disappeared into?

Spardo:

pv83:

I must admit that Sarens was never really on my radar, perhaps because I saw more of the other 2 on the road. Was it Sarens or Mammoet that Econofreight, Sunters and Wynns disappeared into?

Ooh they’re big mate, several depots all over the world. That would be Sarens indeed that bought the equipment, but I reckon Rikki can give you the full story about what happened at the time.

pv83:
Pubquiz question, what make is that?

Foden

LR Man:

pv83:
Pubquiz question, what make is that?

Foden

Ta LR Man :wink:

Couple of Unic’s on today’s menu

3406x421.jpg

pv83:
Instead of using the modular sets with clamps, or a extendable stepframe, they’ve loaded this piece on a Teletrailer… not sure how they manage to get it on and off…

Now thats something you do see everyday. Is that a fifthwheel on that litle machine at the back? Looks like it is some track inside the tube. So maby hook it up to the trailer and go back?

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

Now thats something you do see everyday. Is that a fifthwheel on that litle machine at the back? Looks like it is some track inside the tube. So maby hook it up to the trailer and go back?

I was thinking the same thing Danne, although that “track” you see inside the pipe is actually a ladder… I’ve been trying to find some footage on youtube about it, but so far no luck…

Taken at the Zanussi factory in Italy, Fiat?

LR Man:
Taken at the Zanussi factory in Italy, Fiat?

Cracking footage mate, cheers! :wink: Aye, that would be a Fiat 682, but I might be wrong… as usual… Here’s how it would have sounded: youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnd–xevb4

Trailer might have been a product of… erm… not Cometto, but the other one… erm… no not De Angelis… erm… honestly, it’s on the tip of me tongue…

Brackmills Volvo F12 with extended crew cab from 1978.

Click on page once.

78 brackmills v phh.PNG