"Heavy Haulage through the years"

pv83:

LR Man:
Taken at the Zanussi factory in Italy, Fiat?

Cracking footage mate, cheers! :wink: Aye, that would be a Fiat 682, but I might be wrong… as usual… Here’s how it would have sounded: youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnd–xevb4

Trailer might have been a product of… erm… not Cometto, but the other one… erm… no not De Angelis… erm… honestly, it’s on the tip of me tongue…

That sounded great! Here is another one, I think this was in Bologna.

LR Man:

Difficult to take a decision concerning the exact model of these Fiats (619, 680, 682,…), but here’s a 619 dragging the same kind of load.

Old European heavies

Some more…

more…

LR Man:

pv83:

LR Man:

Cracking footage mate, cheers! :wink: Aye, that would be a Fiat 682, but I might be wrong… as usual… Here’s how it would have sounded: youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnd–xevb4

Trailer might have been a product of… erm… not Cometto, but the other one… erm… no not De Angelis… erm… honestly, it’s on the tip of me tongue…

That sounded great! Here is another one, I think this was in Bologna.

Ta mate! Keep 'em coming :wink:

DEANB:
Brackmills Volvo F12 with extended crew cab from 1978.

Click on page once.

Is that the same one Dean? (nmp)

Froggy55:

LR Man:

0Difficult to take a decision concerning the exact model of these Fiats (619, 680, 682,…), but here’s a 619 dragging the same kind of load.

Cheers Paul :wink:
What is the difference between them? More horsepower?

Fergie47:
Old European heavies

Nice batch Senior, haven’t seen these before :sunglasses:

Fergie47:
more…

That tall one with the Chaudiere Bouellat sign on the back. When was that do you think, Fergie? I see the international STOP sign is in English, but before the international red octogon.

Spardo:

Fergie47:
more…

That tall one with the Chaudiere Bouellat sign on the back. When was that do you think, Fergie? I see the international STOP sign is in English, but before the international red octogon.

Mid-to late fifties?

pv83:

Spardo:

Fergie47:
more…

Mid-to late fifties?

I think you are right, an American import I think, but I remember when the English word at a junction was HALT. :unamused: :laughing:

pv83:

DEANB:

Click on page once.

Thats the old Pickford Volvo

25-08-2010 18;26;22.jpg

French lorry but by the road sign’s it is heading south on the A1M just north of Washington services, probably come off the ferry at Newcastle.

Henry van den Berg:

pv83:

DEANB:

Click on page once.

Thats the old Pickford Volvo

I reckon Henry’s right Patrick that was the later raised cab,with the different grill etc.

Brackmills had the original flat cab roof.

A01872.JPG

Good day all good to see you have all been busy while I have been away,we have arrived home a couple of weeks earlier than expected due to a medical issue but all ok now.
We took a few photos not as many as would have liked have but the roads in the north are at present inundated with multi trailer side tipper combinations grossing up to 170tonns hauling iron ore from small mines that have opened over the last few years we decided that staying off the main highways was a much better plan anyhow we did manage to capture the biggest rubber tired earth moving machine I have seen to date.

Dig

Double click will zoom it a little closer.

Seen on the D 951 from Bellac towards Angouleme yesterday:

DIG:
Good day all good to see you have all been busy while I have been away,we have arrived home a couple of weeks earlier than expected due to a medical issue but all ok now.
We took a few photos not as many as would have liked have but the roads in the north are at present inundated with multi trailer side tipper combinations grossing up to 170tonns hauling iron ore from small mines that have opened over the last few years we decided that staying off the main highways was a much better plan anyhow we did manage to capture the biggest rubber tired earth moving machine I have seen to date.

Dig

Great to see you back Dig,hope you and the Cook are both ok ! :laughing:

Heres a bit from Aus ! :smiley: :wink:

1966,click on pages once or twice to read.

This was heavy haulage in my younger days, My Grandad drove this Scammell & I had many a ride in it as a young lad, I enjoyed every minute of my travels with him. He was King Of The Road in my book, Of course he started his haulage career driving Steam Traction Engines on long distant work, Regards Larry.

DIG:

Dig

Good to see you back Dig.