Wanted, 70s,80s,90s Leicster HeavyHaulage pics

Hi all, does anybody have any old Leicster Heavyhaulage pics they could share? Would be nice to see :smiley: :smiley: Cheers, Chris.

No pics Straight 8, but did you work for them around the eighties?
If so did you know the TM who came to them from Econofreight at Markfield? Can’t remember his name offhand but he was a thickset bloke, not tall, with a NE accent.

I only have one on my site, have a few lying around will have to dig them out and add. When I get a chance.
public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … y_haulage/

A couple oldies, with some recent pics aswell.
schwerlastinfo.de/galerie-id … ulage.html

Spardo:
No pics Straight 8, but did you work for them around the eighties?
If so did you know the TM who came to them from Econofreight at Markfield? Can’t remember his name offhand but he was a thickset bloke, not tall, with a NE accent.

Sorry mate, no i didnt, but i think ive spoken to him in the past, we done a bit of work for Leicster’s in the early 90s hauling a lot of gear from London up to Lancashire and remember talking to a Geordie sounding fella about load and permit details when on the phone to their transport office, nice helpfull bloke as i remember, we never had any bother (which makes a bloody change in heavy haulage!!!) with’em.

bedgar047:
I only have one on my site, have a few lying around will have to dig them out and add. When I get a chance.
public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … y_haulage/[/quote
Nice!! NUT 177W, that was a brute of a B series, plated for 170tonnes i think, do you know what happend to her?? Cheers for the pic Brian :smiley: :wink:

robv8:

Thats a fantastic site for Heavyhaulage buffs, excelent pics and lots of’em!, Nice one RobV8 :smiley: :smiley:

STRAIGHT EIGHT:

robv8:

Thats a fantastic site for Heavyhaulage buffs, excelent pics and lots of’em!, Nice one RobV8 :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll second that, what a fantastic site - So…OOOOOOOO many photos

Thanks
Ant

hiya ,
very interesting site i did a bit of AIL work in my time but never drove anything as nice as that it was all ex- wd stuff , up to it , but hard work .
thanks harry long retired .