Heaver Bros, Exeter. With pictures

Blakey you seem to be the only one posting on this site so may I suggest a bit of commentary to accompany the pictures telling us all WTF & where it is going on would be good, chairs Buzzer

Sorry to any one viewing this site, but this was a pictorial record of a very under estimated company. The photo’s are meant to show how two brothers have had a lifetime in transport, and today, now in their 80’s are still running a successful transport company. As with all family run companies, sons are part of the company, with one running the transport, and one running the garage/maintenance. Yes there have been a few ups and downs, but have stayed in the industry. Will try to post a little something with all future photo’s, and very sorry Buzzer.

Interesting looking through these photos , I can remember seeing the Maddern vehicles around, i always thought they were quite a smart livery , what is the connection with Wild ?

Hello Roadcruiser, the connection is Barry and Maurice Heaver worked for Vic Wild, Barry ran the transport at the Exeter depot, in Kestrel Way, Sowton Ind Est. Maurice was in charge of the garage. When Vic Wild passed away, the brothers took over the business, and so began a life time in transport.

Thanks for the reply ,I did wonder what the connection was .

I seem to remember Maddern had quite a mixed fleet of vehicles inc Scanias merc ,man & renault ,then there was a dutch phase during which time the white livery appeared, then the name Maddern vanished & the name Heaver started to appear …

Interesting photos , as previously stated the old Maddern livery was quite smart.