Heaver bros exeter

does anybody know any thing about this co :question:

A bloke I worked with reckons one of the brothers is an a-hole…Can be finnicky. Containers mostly (I think) Some home delivery in a van. HTH.

a friend has been working for them, i’ll find out for you.

didnt they used to be marshalls.

jessicas dad:

no it was madderns transport use to be sowton estate now they are up at exeter airport.

wildfire:

jessicas dad:

no it was madderns transport use to be sowton estate now they are up at exeter airport.

two brothers morris and barry. barry ok, morris not if you know what i mean. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

wildfire:

jessicas dad:

thats it madderns. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Think they changed the name when they registered all the trucks in Holland. Was offered a job with them running 2 containers a night to Avonmouth 5 nights a week. £50.00 a night !!! (got nice kit now though.)

ashton gate:
Think they changed the name when they registered all the trucks in Holland. Was offered a job with them running 2 containers a night to Avonmouth 5 nights a week. £50.00 a night !!! (got nice kit now though.)

Maddern bv?

Suedehead:

ashton gate:

Maddern bv?

it was madderns bv until they fell out with vosa, then had trouble with dutch ministry, there was talk back then of vosa pushing or asking the dutch to revoke their operators licence, not to sure what happened in the end, but all the trucks got re-reg back in the u.k. and things just carried on. they had quite a bad rep down our way at one time but thing seemed to have moved on now.
they use to be agents for helliman pallet network, i once did a trunk up to the hub, if i remember somewhere the otherside of brum with an old 3 series scanny, the gear stick was just an iron bar and the range change was cable tied to the side, the heater was stuck on hot and it was the middle of summer had to run there and back with all the windows open!!! the things we use to do when we were young and nieve :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Yep Barry and Morris a couple of the original cowboys from days of old. Before they changed the name to Madderns it was Wild Transport and before that I beleive it was Whittons of Cullumpton. Never see Barry or Morris around Exeter any more, could be that there are too many ex owner drivers they sent to the wall in the late 80’s early 90’s. Bar stewards.