Had a REALLY CRAP day yesterday

I agree…

I wasn’t there. However, I might know the road, you’re not the only one who’s driven across France.

Just sayin’ if he saw the car, you would have seen the same car, I’d have backed off hard and let him in.

pierrot 14:
You weren’t there, you don’t know the road, he was going for a stupid “illegal” overtake !

When he saw the car coming the other way, why didn’t he just pull back in behind me instead of continuing the overtake ?

Being in the right doesn’t guarantee the best outcome now does it?

not disputing what happened but what I dont understand is if mr polski side swiped you i’d have thought you would have gone off to the right not the left.

yourhavingalarf:
I agree…

I wasn’t there. However, I might know the road, you’re not the only one who’s driven across France.

Just sayin’ if he saw the car, you would have seen the same car, I’d have backed off hard and let him in.

D24 between Montsur and Mayenne, I’ll let you Google it.

And as for your second comment, how do you know that I didn’t back off? I did, if I hadn’t he would have either had a head on or actually collided with me.

Don’t try and turn this round onto me.

I dont understand the negative comments, One of our fellow drivers has had a close call, Luckily no injuries, A bit of support wouldn’t go amis, We have all seen idiot drivers and they are the ones that need the ■■■■.

Just my opinion

m.a.n rules:
not disputing what happened but what I dont understand is if mr polski side swiped you i’d have thought you would have gone off to the right not the left.

He didn’t touch me, it’s where I took evasive action whilst slowing, going onto the grass verge.

ok mate like I said not disputing anything just a thought. glad you got out in one piece.

pierrot 14:

sammym:
> Well as long as no one was hurt it’s not the end of the world.

Accidents happen - So don’t stress about it.

I hope that these are satirical comments made in jest Sammym, even though I don’t think you’re funny.

I hope that you never have to experience this in your career.

I have experienced this, in fact much worse and you know what? Sammym is right. Everyone walked away, bent panels the only casualty, it’s not even your fault (mine was) so…it’s not the end of the world

Just to show the evasive action

switchlogic:

pierrot 14:

sammym:
> Well as long as no one was hurt it’s not the end of the world.

Accidents happen - So don’t stress about it.

I hope that these are satirical comments made in jest Sammym, even though I don’t think you’re funny.

I hope that you never have to experience this in your career.

I have experienced this, in fact much worse and you know what? Sammym is right. Everyone walked away, bent panels the only casualty, it’s not even your fault (mine was) so…it’s not the end of the world

SIDEWARDS ! :smiley:

EXACTLY! Look at it this way, no good story ever came from everything going right! My coping method when the S£&t hits the fan is to repeatedly think ‘I’ll laugh about this one day I’ll laugh about this one day’ ad infinitum

pierrot 14:
First time it’s happened AND hopefully never again :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Thanks to the Polish driver that caused this and who actually didn’t bother to stop :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yea yea blame the EEs, I know you tried to spin it around but hit a ditch!!

tommymanc:

pierrot 14:
First time it’s happened AND hopefully never again :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Thanks to the Polish driver that caused this and who actually didn’t bother to stop :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Yea yea blame the EEs, I know you tried to spin it around but hit a ditch!!

Go swivel :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Unlucky pierrot

Glad you’re ok

pierrot 14:

I wonder what his ethnicity has anything to do with it, I mean the majority of idiots on the roads are indigenous (well really Central Europe Decent if you study history) or born and bred in this country.

On a side note with us being Professional drivers and anticipating every move by looking ahead and your mirrors every few seconds should certainly have seen a numpty trying to overtake 55 feet of trailer and cab giving us ample opportunity to either slow down and let the numpty pass so he does not take you out or some poor family on the opposite side.

But then having seen us Professional drivers being friggin 1mph Elephant racers how selfish we have become and as we point one finger at the guilty there is always 4 fingers pointing back at us.

Let this be a lesson for me foremost and for others…

boltonboy:
On a side note with us being Professional drivers and anticipating every move by looking ahead and your mirrors every few seconds should certainly have seen a numpty trying to overtake 55 feet of trailer and cab giving us ample opportunity to either slow down and let the numpty pass so he does not take you out or some poor family on the opposite side.

But then having seen us Professional drivers being friggin 1mph Elephant racers how selfish we have become and as we point one finger at the guilty there is always 4 fingers pointing back at us.

I’m going to get some abuse for posting this… But who in the REAL world looks in their mirrors ever ‘few seconds’? If I’m on a straight road I’m looking ahead usually. I enjoy driving - and find it relaxing. I sure as hell wouldn’t enjoy constantly darting in the mirrors feeling paranoid. Maybe that makes me the worst driver than you - and I’m fine with that.

As for the elephant racers comment… on a motorway I’d agree. I’d knock my cruise off and let someone pass. On a single carriageway road, I’d be in a state of shock if an artic tried pulling this sort of stunt.

Finally… as you were not there you don’t really know what happened. You don’t know how close to the bend the OP was. For all you know he did slam on the anchors and still had to swerve to save some lives. He might be a hero really. He might be a shocking driver like you are implying. Or he might be a normal bloke who had a bad day. Frankly I think you should chill out with the ‘professional driver’ comments - and realise you are not as perfect as you think you are.

boltonboy:

pierrot 14:

I wonder what his ethnicity has anything to do with it, I mean the majority of idiots on the roads are indigenous (well really Central Europe Decent if you study history) or born and bred in this country.

BOLTONBOY

Firstly : I said he was Polish because he was, had he been a Frenchman, or an Italian etc etc etc I would have said so !! But the thing is, a French driver, or an Italian, a German etc probably wouldn’t have attempted such a stupid overtake !

Secondly, oh yeah “US” being professional drivers, anticipating a D-Head trying to overtake on a road, a road that when 2 lorries pass, they have to keep close to the right side, that has a solid white line down the middle meaning NO overtaking!, I read the road ahead, I use my mirrors and I saw the idiot trying , then attempting then actually doing the ILLEGAL overtake and I took the necessary action to make sure that I nor the people in the car coming the other way, didn’t end up in a cemetery , that’s why I ended up jack-knifed on the D24 Friday afternoon and ended up shaking like WTF happened there and feeling how happy am I that I’m still alive and thinking that the “see U next Tuesday” that has just done this to me, one day has HIS comeuppance. There you go I needed to get that off my chest and you helped , so thank you !

sammym:

boltonboy:

I’m going to get some abuse for posting this… But who in the REAL world looks in their mirrors ever ‘few seconds’? If I’m on a straight road I’m looking ahead usually. I enjoy driving - and find it relaxing. I sure as hell wouldn’t enjoy constantly darting in the mirrors feeling paranoid. Maybe that makes me the worst driver than you - and I’m fine with that.

As for the elephant racers comment… on a motorway I’d agree. I’d knock my cruise off and let someone pass. On a single carriageway road, I’d be in a state of shock if an artic tried pulling this sort of stunt.

Finally… as you were not there you don’t really know what happened. You don’t know how close to the bend the OP was. For all you know he did slam on the anchors and still had to swerve to save some lives. He might be a hero really. He might be a shocking driver like you are implying. Or he might be a normal bloke who had a bad day. Frankly I think you should chill out with the ‘professional driver’ comments - and realise you are not as perfect as you think you are.

Sammym, I have to thank you for the support, you have made some very good points there,

Just to put you straight, it was a dead straight road, but going up and down with hidden dips, hence the solid lines. As to your comment of

But who in the REAL world looks in their mirrors ever ‘few seconds’

you should always be giving them a glance to watch out for the numpty car drivers, motorcyclists et al !!

Oh and by the way , I am not a hero ! JUST alive !

pierrot 14:
I was doing around 82/83kph, (80 being the limit)

[…]

anticipating a D-Head trying to overtake on a road, a road that when 2 lorries pass, they have to keep close to the right side, that has a solid white line down the middle meaning NO overtaking!, I read the road ahead, I use my mirrors and I saw the idiot trying , then attempting then actually doing the ILLEGAL overtake

I find this very hard to believe when looking at the top statement. Of course we’re only getting one side of the tale. I’m willing to bet that the other driver’s version of events differs considerably.

To your left (or is it right?) there should be a switch with the letters “D”, “R”, and “N”… select “R”, push the accelerator, and do a hard left on the steering wheel and you should get yourself out of that situation.