GREAT NEWS

jakethesnake:

ArcticMonkey:
I won’t be getting it, i’m in my 40’s and fit as a fiddle, so why vaccinate against something which won’t kill me or make me seriously ill

To protect others who may not be so fit from getting it.

If the vaccine was only maybe 50% effective, then mass vaccination would be needed to give a decent amount of community protection, but these are supposed to be 90%+ effective, therefore if those who are most vulnerable are vaccinated they should be protect and it doesn’t need community protection.

Conor:

ArcticMonkey:
I won’t be getting it, i’m in my 40’s and fit as a fiddle, so why vaccinate against something which won’t kill me or make me seriously ill

The people working in the stores at Howdens who got it were mostly the warehouse lads younger than you and also fit as a fiddle from all the lifting of kitchen cabinets, worktops etc they do all day long and at some of the worst hit ones they had so many staff off they were back to running click and collect with maybe 5/6 staff out of 15-20. One place up north was hit so bad they had to draft in staff from other stores. One of the managers who got it was a semi-professional cyclist and it completely floored him for weeks.

Well I hope there is an academic study going on at Howdens as it seems to go agaisnt all other research and experience of this virus, including the various meat processing plants in this area where hundreds got it, (mostly only knew through testing) and in the case of the factory in my home town, 150+ with it, 1 went to hospital.

It didn’t take the ■■■■■■■ EU long to claim that their approval process is" more appropriate". Just as one would have predicted, so far up their own Arse. This is why so many want to be rid of them.

yourhavingalarf:
I’m in…

I’m rolling my sleeve up already.

I’ll add it to my collection of MMR, hepatitis, meningitis, tetanus, diptheria, yellow fever, typhoid, polio and pnuemonia jabs. All very nasty diseases from which I’ve never suffered.

Tested on 50,000 of which 50% were placebo subjects, no ill effects from 25,000 is good enough for me.

It took many years for those vaccines to be developed, tested and approved, on average it takes 10 years. Not only is it the first ever Coronavirus vaccine to be approved, its the first time an mRNA vaccine has been approved for human use and all in 10 months from starting work in it.

muckles:

jakethesnake:

ArcticMonkey:

To protect others who may not be so fit from getting it.

If the vaccine was only maybe 50% effective, then mass vaccination would be needed to give a decent amount of community protection, but these are supposed to be 90%+ effective, therefore if those who are most vulnerable are vaccinated they should be protect and it doesn’t need community protection.

Yeah, good point.

muckles:
It took many years for those vaccines to be developed, tested and approved, on average it takes 10 years.

Yes…

I agree, all those vaccines I mentioned have taken years to develop. This new vaccine has been played with since the SARS outbreak in 2002. The fact that it’s a new approach is the reason for it’s rapid development. Not utilising the actual virus itself to stimulate protection is the key difference.

I’m not at all clinically minded at all, but I see it in the same way as the fuel injection system replaced carburettor. Something that worked well since it’s inception but fuel injection made the whole system more reliable and effective. Gone are the days off endlessly cranking your engine to flood the plugs etc. Now you just turn the key and go. I see this vaccine as that. Progress innit.

yourhavingalarf:

muckles:
It took many years for those vaccines to be developed, tested and approved, on average it takes 10 years.

Yes…

I agree, all those vaccines I mentioned have taken years to develop. This new vaccine has been played with since the SARS outbreak in 2002. The fact that it’s a new approach is the reason for it’s rapid development. Not utilising the actual virus itself to stimulate protection is the key difference.

I’m not at all clinically minded at all, but I see it in the same way as the fuel injection system replaced carburettor. Something that worked well since it’s inception but fuel injection made the whole system more reliable and effective. Gone are the days off endlessly cranking your engine to flood the plugs etc. Now you just turn the key and go. I see this vaccine as that. Progress innit.

I don’t think this mRNA vaccination method wasn’t being developed for SARS, they were looking into it for things some other diseases, although they weren’t having much success. Although apparently if it works it does have great potential for other diseases, even some cancers, so it could be good in the long run.

But to go with your fuel injection analogy, I’m sure the first systems were not as reliable or as well understood as modern fuel injection or even the well developed carburettors of the same period and to keep with the vehicle analogy, there are plenty of examples of manufacturers spending millions developing and testing new technology, only to find once its in the real World it doesn’t always work as well as they thought, but after a while those issues are ironed out and it become a standard feature we all live with.

I’m not anti Vax in any way, I’ve had them for foreign travel and boosters for various things when I’ve been to the Doctors and if this disease was something like Ebola, I’d be fighting my way to the front of the queue, but it isn’t, yes it can be fatal, but for most people its a mild illness, sometimes, in the case of my niece, so mild she didn’t know she’d had it until she had an antibody test.

FWIW, I have a friend with a Masters in Biology, worked in her chosen field for 35 years+ and chairs a national panel albeit not in immunology or epidemiology. I also have a friend who is director of one of the big pharma, albeit not vaccines. Neither of them have any hesitation in taking the vaccine so I’m taking my lead from them.

Apparently the long term side effects transpire to the patient turning in to Carryfast, god help us all .

Tarmaceater:
Apparently the long term side effects transpire to the patient turning in to Carryfast, god help us all .

God I hope not.
The Google search engine would crash in minutes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

makes you think.
the vaccine has been developed in america by an american company.

yet the uk is going to be the 1st to use it.

makes you wonder why the americans arnt usuing it 1st . seen as its developed there and on there doorstep.

but i guess somone has to be the 1st to use it so why not

edd1974:
makes you think.
the vaccine has been developed in america by an american company.

yet the uk is going to be the 1st to use it.

makes you wonder why the americans arnt usuing it 1st . seen as its developed there and on there doorstep.

but i guess somone has to be the 1st to use it so why not

Maybe the UK will be the first because the Swiss don’t want to be?

swissinfo.ch/eng/society/in … s/46196598

Tarmaceater:

I heard that after the 2nd booster jab you start posting drivel like Winseer.
Maybe Winseer was in the vaccine trials??

According to the media the “ Lorry” has left Belgium and filmed leaving the vaccine factory in a taut liner trailer with no police ■■■■■■ and a fleet number on the cab door, so easy for anyone to steal it .
But luckily someone on tv put us right by saying the police ■■■■■■ will be when it arrives in the UK on its mammoth journey that took two days.
I’m sure the lorry shown is not the one and it’s in a secure box van trailer or Carryfast is the driver.

Tarmaceater:
According to the media the “ Lorry” has left Belgium and filmed leaving the vaccine factory in a taut liner trailer with no police ■■■■■■ and a fleet number on the cab door, so easy for anyone to steal it .
But luckily someone on tv put us right by saying the police ■■■■■■ will be when it arrives in the UK on its mammoth journey that took two days.
I’m sure the lorry shown is not the one and it’s in a secure box van trailer or Carryfast is the driver.

If a bloke in the public bar offered you a vaccination would you take it?
(Cue there for many comments)

Franglais:

Tarmaceater:

If a bloke in the public bar offered you a vaccination would you take it?
(Cue there for many comments)

More chance of getting into a doctors now then a bar anyway :unamused:

I would imagine K&N and DHL will be all over the distribution off this,they both have pharmaceutical divisions and the fleets to get it done.

msgyorkie:

Tarmaceater:

I heard that after the 2nd booster jab you start posting drivel like Winseer.
Maybe Winseer was in the vaccine trials??

That would explain a lot. :laughing:
That’s enough for me, I certainly ain’t having one now. :smiley:

jakethesnake:
First vaccine approved with no compromises.

theguardian.com/society/202 … -in-the-uk

Jeezuz… can u imagine what would a box of these little vials would fetch. I expect these vaccines to be readily available on Ebay very soon as a large batch of these will disappear during " loading or unloading ". Rich celebs and luvvies would pay top dollar to jump the queue and see their Granny get it before those pesky poor plebs. Also wont all the local crims be waiting in their Jags donning their balaclavas outside the Pfizer factories with the engines running.

You have to remember that Pfizer discovered ■■■■■■ by mistake. It has been on the UP ever since.