Got an interview with Brakes any advice?

Only gone and got the job!!! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well done pal. You’ve done yourself proud working for them directly rather than signing up through an agency.

ItsJoe:
Well done pal. You’ve done yourself proud working for them directly rather than signing up through an agency.

Thanks. Pleased I haven’t gone agency. That job security is something i needed.

Good stuff mate, and that’s your first driving job in the bag! I’ve been following your journey from the beginning and it’s good to know that it has worked out for ya :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done. I hope it works out for you

jordon1703:
Good stuff mate, and that’s your first driving job in the bag! I’ve been following your journey from the beginning and it’s good to know that it has worked out for ya :stuck_out_tongue:

Same here.

I remember you saying you were off to PSTT to start learning and another guy from the forum was also in that weekend.

I then remember you saying you’d passed and that you went for an interview with brakes.

So it’s not really impossible as some people make out. It is do able if you really want it.

Great work and good luck with your future driving career.

Thanks.

I can’t believe my luck tbh it’s all been plain sailing from medical to now and everything in between.

Reckon much of it is about having the right attitude. The trainer driver I was out with yesterday commented to me and my new boss about how I got stuck straight in. That I’m a hard worker. I think it’s that work ethic that’s got me to this point.

I hope my experience helps to inspire other newbies.

Me too, it’s been plain sailing for me and i still can’t believe my luck.

I also think it comes down to right attitude.

I was expecting mission impossible from everything i’d heard but it was nothing like that.

If you have the right attitude and you really want to make it happen you won’t have too much trouble finding lorry driving work as a newbie.

I think the area you’re in makes a difference, I think it especially made it easier for me when finding work. But your attitude shows the company in question that you’re keen and willing to do the job right - which raises your chances of employment.

I think area you live just effects how many firms there are for you to choose from. And regional pay differences obviously.

But even if there’s not many jobs to pick from in your area, the right attitude will see you far with one of them.