Class interview for possible good job?

Hi, I manage to grab an interview thru AIM recruitment agency, it’s due next thrusday morning, it will involve written test about tachograph rules, possibly some signs and other theory subjects and an driving assessment, company called " brakes " aperently food multi drop related as I’m used too :slight_smile: , any opinions or knowledge about this company? Or any advice? I am very excited :smiley:

I dont want to dampen your spirits but if its through agency,till your actually in there I wouldnt worry to much about the company they are advertising for. 9 times out of ten the jobs are either filled or didnt exist in the first place.
You sound like a new pass so good luck to you. Hopefully the agency will have companies on its books who will take you with no experience

If you like carrying very heavy sacks of spuds up fire escapes to restaurants,and doing 250 drops a day,you will love it.

+1 ^^^^

Thanks guys! They said it’s temp to perm. And the fact I deal with food it’s a bonus, I research a bit and yes they belong to "brakes group " national wide, Sweden and Germany, so yep, I’m sure it will be alot more veterans than me for approval :-/ +/- 30k annum, looks to good to be true lol

And carrying large amounts of cash from customers too specially Christmas.did 3 years at brakes Tamworth bloody hard work.
Most I had 1 Christmas was £12500 all in £10+£20 notes and some coins you have to count it all back at the depot and if any short you have to pay it.

Jeez :astonished:.

I once worked in a restaurant where brakes delivers. To be honest with u, every other fortnight we use to get new faces delivering. Some apparently on training and some covering the routes. They get good bonuses and the salary is good apparently, but deliver heavy stuff and most of the time do ask us for help to carry stuff downstairs but with no offence to Any1 on here (or to sound like a lazy ar[Zb] which probably I am ) I have always refused couze some of the stuff they carry, I couldn’t even carry them 2 meters into a store room on my own.

I have my cpc mod 4 in two days but even if there was no job lined up for me already, I don’t think I would go for brakes

Good luck

Done the interview. Took 1h.

The guy checked my CV. Asked few questions like, why u want to work for us, why career change, etc.

Then talked about Brakes work. ALOT.

He explained that work is hard. Lots of carrying heavy boxes etc.

In Thorpe they expect 20 drops per day.
They have cctv in and out of a cab. 6 cameras they said.

Telemetry, trackers. Monitoring your drive, brakes, etc.

Every morning you start with 100 points. Every sharp breaking, fast cornering, high revving will reflect on telemetry and reduce your points. U must average 85.

Ask me more questions and i try answer them.
31k is not bad but it is not easy money either.

Dan ze Man:
Done the interview. Took 1h.

The guy checked my CV. Asked few questions like, why u want to work for us, why career change, etc.

Then talked about Brakes work. ALOT.

He explained that work is hard. Lots of carrying heavy boxes etc.

In Thorpe they expect 20 drops per day.
They have cctv in and out of a cab. 6 cameras they said.

Telemetry, trackers. Monitoring your drive, brakes, etc.

Every morning you start with 100 points. Every sharp breaking, fast cornering, high revving will reflect on telemetry and reduce your points. U must average 85.

Ask me more questions and i try answer them.
31k is not bad but it is not easy money either.

so you taking the job :sunglasses:

20 drops? Is it food service or bulk? Food service is finding boxes in cages and bulk is cages on a tail lifts then hand ball thro doors into the kitchen etc.
Used to go out with between 30 and 40 drops a day the lads who did Birmingham centre did 50+ a day so watch what they say and what you get.

If they call, im thinking about taking the job. They said i can progress on artic. Sounds like a plan to me.

To be honest i would consider some nasty stuff for ce job. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Dan Man! Company I work they have smart drive cameras too, it’s like a real console game lol, totally understand the type of driving they looking for and I’m comfortable with that, about hard work drops not so sure, but the fact is, I do home deliverys of groceries including flats with no lift and no help, but it’s a 3.5t van, not a 18t lorry, I’m quite a fit guy, so I guess I need to try so I could judge better :-/

Hmmmm, progressing to C+E with all the pain that a new driver can have to find the first job, sounds very tempting to me too :slight_smile: let’s see how it goes, Dan Man, how about the theory and tachograph test agency said I would have? Difficult?

I had test drive. Had to fill analog disk. Asked for help. Totally mest it up.
Drove 9 miles and had to perform 1 reverse on the road. Like a u turn. 1 reverse to a warehouse door ready for loading.

No more test’s.

If employed i will have to go thro 12 week training program. Once that over i have to sign contract for few years… etc.

Training would be about tachos, driving hours, digi card, and work itself.

Thanks Dan Man, much appreciated the info matey!

Wouldn’t entertain it. Might be a way of getting into the driving game, but keep on applying to everyone else. I got a class 1 job, not having even sat in one since passing my test with a local company of really good repute, purely and simply because they’d appointed a new TM and he didn’t have a hang up with giving newbies a chance. I even got a days reversing training with the company trainer. I guess the money that cost them (days wages for both of us) is money they’ve saved in damage by not just throwing a set of keys at me and hoping for the best.

Money is great, taking home a grand a month more than I was doing killing myself on handball, usually around Central London, on class 2. Been there 3 months and the only manual work I’ve had to do is wheel a couple of pallets to the back of the trailer three times, and that was purely and simply because I couldn’t be arsed to do my curtains for 2 pallets that were halfway down the trailer, on either side. So I asked them to put me a pump truck on, we don’t even carry them. Other than that, it’s a case of arrive at drop, and do the curtains if it’s a side-tip job, or open back doors, stick it on a bay, and go and drink coffee for a while.

Agreed Paul, mostly in need a ticket for a driving job, while getting experience and still shop around for some other jobs :slight_smile:. By the way, the company I work for at moment, they have the easiest C1 job in the market. They have an huge CFC in Hatfield " north London" and Dordon " coventry surrounding " they are all new mercedes actros auto pulling a double decker trailer, no curtains, just reversing on bay and wait up to an hour till get unloaded. They usually take insiders like me to level up within the company, but both places are bit far for me at moment. If you are an OUTSIDER and interested they best way to get half way thru it’s by being recommend by one of their own guys like me! weekly wages of +/- £500 after tax, plus benefits and pension scheme!

I’m taking home £650-£700 a week for 5 days

Dan ze Man:
I had test drive. Had to fill analog disk. Asked for help. Totally mest it up.
Drove 9 miles and had to perform 1 reverse on the road. Like a u turn. 1 reverse to a warehouse door ready for loading.

No more test’s.

If employed i will have to go thro 12 week training program. Once that over i have to sign contract for few years… etc.

Training would be about tachos, driving hours, digi card, and work itself.

When you say sign a contract for a few years what does that actually mean?