Good news for you Stobart haters

The problem with being a small haulier is you are limited in your sphere of work you can take. Look at Morrison after dealing with hundreds of transport companies. Some just got fed up and gave the work to Stobbies one phone call and the whole country is covered.

I work out of Tesco Widnes and it’s about 90% agency, split between LP and challenge

dozy:
Hello we are pleased to update you that the weekend rates for fte drivers at rugby will increase from Sunday 7th June 2020 , please log into joined up to see new rates
Recieved today !!!

Your a cold man for banging that up, considering the hardship many of us face nowadays having left the promised lands. Stone cold bragging, not only a free breakfast at stobart spotter heaven, but a hike to your princely income too, you’ve the dream Mr doze [emoji17][emoji16]

I just hope it ain’t your redundancy pay though, an they’ve decided to drip feed it into you slowly so as you won’t notice the ‘empty packet’ on p45 day…

I hope its the former though, and your just willy waving for the haters and fallen disciples like me [emoji24][emoji1787]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

100 or so Drivers its a drop in the ocean so to speak for a Company that size ,could be they lost a small contract somewhere,and need to have a reshuffle.
They have / had a job with Argos,but with 70 store closures and shops being relocated into Sainsburys all over the country 100 would not be out the question

Like I said a while back on here, their business model is fine when times are good, cutting prices to achieve critical volume but when volumes nose dive in a recession, they’re boned as they have no saved profits or margins from previous sales to fall back on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dozy:
Hello we are pleased to update you that the weekend rates for fte drivers at rugby will increase from Sunday 7th June 2020 , please log into joined up to see new rates
Recieved today !!!

I got told that hourly rates for nights would be going up from £14ph to £16.67ph from April 2020.
My last shift there at the outgoing rates - was March 29th.

“Priced out of the Market” then?

Even back when I used to be applying at agencies, I used to ask what their LOWEST rate was.

A rate described as £9ph-£18ph isn’t much good if you only get the £18ph working Bank Holiday Nights, of which there is about one token shift between 100+ drivers…
…meanwhile the £9ph is the Monday-Friday day rate, of which there are plenty of shifts each and every day to be filled.
Thus, agency bod ends up being pushed into five days working for the same pay you could otherwise get in three nightshifts…
That they have now proven to be tightwads over those “premium shifts” just goes to show that they WON’T be coming back once this is all over.
How on EARTH are they going to build back up their Driver Base again, these agencies?

If longtime diehards like Moi have finally been thrown under the bus - where does the next generation of “Mugs” come from, if agnecies were already employing the “six points OK” crowd before this lockdown even happened?

Scrape the barrel any lower - and you’ll be falling into that barrel!

“11 points OK. No Experience Necessary, as full unpaid inductions will be given.”

:stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

This site badly needs a ‘yawn’ smiley.

WheelsofCardiff:
Most agencies are going to go under.

Far from it. HGV traffic is already back to over 85% of normal levels. I’m still getting plenty of work and I restrict myself to where I work.

R420:
This site badly needs a ‘yawn’ smiley.

Just use rolleyes…

:unamused: :unamused: :grimacing:

idrive:
I work out of Tesco Widnes and it’s about 90% agency, split between LP and challenge

and i bet Kevin is still behind the desk trying to shaft anybody with a set of keys

Can’t help but to notice there seems to be quite a few WS transportation lorries pulling Stobarts trailers, maybe William got other plans! Also Stobarts units are getting more tatty by the day,worse than a dirty back street haulier. The panels they replace are just left white. Units hardly washed through the winter, a right mess.

robroy:
Can’t see any drivers taking pleasure in other drivers losing their jobs tbh, Stobarts or otherwise.
Not too keen on Stobbies, but I’ve no probs with their drivers, so no ‘hate’ from my direction. :neutral_face:

Ditto. In fact I would never take pleasure in anyone losing their job, I know too well what hardship is like, as no doubt do many of us

switchlogic:

robroy:
Can’t see any drivers taking pleasure in other drivers losing their jobs tbh, Stobarts or otherwise.
Not too keen on Stobbies, but I’ve no probs with their drivers, so no ‘hate’ from my direction. :neutral_face:

Ditto. In fact I would never take pleasure in anyone losing their job, I know too well what hardship is like, as no doubt do many of us

Shizzle me sticks, are you Mr luke, the Gordon Ramsey of the YT cab cooking world?

If so, Sir may I take this opportunity to say that as an aspiring cab cook myself its been an absolute pleasure to watch your antics over the whiles, and to learn the associated tasks that hgv driving needs, and if I may I’d like to say that i hope in time we may see you back too fruition again subject to your speedy Recovery at your own good leisure [emoji482][emoji482]

Dear God, if I’d have known a real road legend walked amongst us, I’d have turned Scott’s cab pizza episode off immediately, he’s a poor imitation of your fine self, BUT he’s given it his best so I doff my cap to him, plus he does seem a really nice chap [emoji8][emoji16]

I won’t mention luke C, he just went back too the easy life of going home for food when finished,
no commitment there at all… [emoji8][emoji1787]

As for pleasure in seeing lads loose their work, it’s sad people hate the players when we all know it’s the game that’s made it so.

I personally hope no one in any department looses a job, BUT maybe all this carnage will, in time, make us all as humans wake up to the fact that for as long as there is greed, there will be need, the salts an sugars are all ■■■■■■ up, and most definitely on the wrong tables [emoji17]

I always wondered how Stobarts managed to supress full timer’s rates for so long, despite (said to be) paying over the odds for agency like RM do…?

Those working there on agency - seem to say good things about it, but I must admit that’s one agency job I never saw going down here in Kent…

…If you can pay <£10ph and STILL end up “losing money as a business” - then the suggestion would be “It ain’t the payroll that represents the leak here” eh? :confused:

Benjie83:

switchlogic:

robroy:

Shizzle me sticks, are you Mr luke, the Gordon Ramsey of the YT cab cooking world?

If so, Sir may I take this opportunity to say that as an aspiring cab cook myself its been an absolute pleasure to watch your antics over the whiles, and to learn the associated tasks that hgv driving needs, and if I may I’d like to say that i hope in time we may see you back too fruition again subject to your speedy Recovery at your own good leisure [emoji482][emoji482]

Dear God, if I’d have known a real road legend walked amongst us, I’d have turned Scott’s cab pizza episode off immediately, he’s a poor imitation of your fine self, BUT he’s given it his best so I doff my cap to him, plus he does seem a really nice chap [emoji8][emoji16]

I won’t mention luke C, he just went back too the easy life of going home for food when finished,
no commitment there at all… [emoji8][emoji1787]

As for pleasure in seeing lads loose their work, it’s sad people hate the players when we all know it’s the game that’s made it so.

I personally hope no one in any department looses a job, BUT maybe all this carnage will, in time, make us all as humans wake up to the fact that for as long as there is greed, there will be need, the salts an sugars are all [zb] up, and most definitely on the wrong tables [emoji17]

Why yes! It is I! The road lege…wa*ker himself! And thank you kindly! In fact there’s kitchen based video out this Friday where believe it or not I fry an egg! Amazingly down to public demand :smiley: More involved kitchen antics to come, though they will always be truck suitable

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

Your a legend bloke, no doubts, and I’ll be tuning in for sure [emoji106]

Now, May i ask if you could possibly do a vid in a cab like the one in the other thread?

I’d like to see what you’d knock up, you’d only be allowed to use the pictured pear, fly swatter and the Jerry can though, and all the ■■■■■ staying in the cab, as are you…

See if Scott Andrews could better that… [emoji38] [emoji38]

Again though, mega speedy recovery to you boss, and thanks for Alot of very enjoyable learning material [emoji482][emoji482]

Careful Luke think you got yourself a stalker. Bless him. :smiley:

Beau Nydel:

Ah it’s nice, and a vast improvement over the bitter old f**ks that seem more obsessed with me than ever :smiley:

Beau Nydel:

I’d stalk you too babes, honestly I would as there’s plenty to go round, plus I’m an Essex gal, so I ain’t exactly what you’d call fussy [emoji8][emoji38]

As for you Mr switch, ignore the jealousy from them… [emoji1787][emoji1787]

switchlogic:

Beau Nydel:

Ah it’s nice, and a vast improvement over the bitter old f**ks that seem more obsessed with me than ever :smiley:

[emoji1787] ■■■■ um. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk