Getting sick whist tramping

Was in Kings lynn…got pains in my chest, and down my arm…stopped at a garage and bought some aspirin…had a lie down…boss phoned and said i had to go to wales, said sorry mate, am having a heart attack ( i think ), so managed to get the outfit back to the yard, and went home…next morning, phoned the doctors, he said dial 999 your having or had a heart attack…that when i found out he hadnt been paying our N.I. and i couldnt claim till i could prove i actually worked for him…i did have the proof, but the dept sent me a letter from him stating he never even knew who i was…what a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ after said i was self employed…it all got sorted with me having weighbridge proof from a company i delivered too very often.

Second time i got ill, was in the middle of the country side in CZ with diareah and sickness…was there for 3 days…afraid to move from the layby i was in, with lots of bushes, but many uk drivers stopped to offer fresh water and friendship, offered to cook for me etc…great comeraderie back in the day…

I got a dose of norovirus this past winter, I was hooking up in minus ridiculous centigrade and felt as weak as a kitten, got back in the cab for a lie down and felt like I was going to spew, so got a couple of carrier bags doubled up ready for the inevitable and then it came, if I was in my hands and knees on the center circle at Wembley I would’ve score a goal at both ends! I then cleaned myself up by getting in the truckstop shower fully dressed, threw away my clothes and slept for 24hrs straight through. Woke up as if nothing had happened, I could eat and drink like normal, I even had a solid ■■■ later that day.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Long Story, So keep it short as I can. Dad worked for BET in the 80,s on tankers and so he didn,t have to leave the car in the yard ( covered in dust & crap ) at Scholar Green, I had it and most of the time he would park in the yard of the company I worked for on the Grange in Warrington . He would call and let us know what he was doing , going to the yard in Scholar Green or coming home so we knew were to leave a car for him . This weekend he was on his way home and called just before getting on the boat and leave him a car in my work , we were going to friends in Tipton anyway middle of the nite knock on the door and my mate shouts me as there is 2 cops at the door . First thing I said was Oh F*ck whats he hit ,NO,NO, says the lady cop but he is in hosp in Dover . So we jump in the car and off we go , when we get to the Hosp whats parked outside ( A & E Dept) but this monster. The sister then give us the bad news he,s had a massive heart attach and only for him having it in the A & E dept he would not have made it she said he just walked in and had it there and then , but if he does have another one there ,s a good chance it will kill him, she then asked could I move this from the car park pointing at the truck ( I moved it to the back of the hosp ) . I phoned BET and told them and they were so helpful and help get him moved to Warrington, Then his boos called me in the middle of the week and said I,m so sorry to have to ask you this but could I come and take his stuff out of the truck. We went down and was meet by Rod Carmen who also said he was so sorry to have to ask me to do this , when we did the cab was full of Andrews Tablet ,I mean boxes of them he must have been having problems for well weeks . He got better bought himself a narrow boat on the Bridgewater canal and lived another 6-7 yrs before his heart gave up . hope this isn,t to long guys

I had an injury/accident in 09 middle o January -20+c middle o the night Manitoba Canada (some on the expat side might remember,some o my posts were weird well weirder than usual)stopped for the night walked round the trailer (post trip ) short sleeved shirt but gloves on ,yes I know ,just walked round the trailer and I went down on a sheet of ice legs either side o me ■■■■■■■■ bouncing of the ground like some 49yr old acrobat …well after the stars disappeared I tried to get up but my right leg didn’t want to work :smiling_imp: :neutral_face: no one around so I dragged myself to the cab and pulled myself in (put holes in the gloves!) was shaking badly with the cold by then dragged myself into the sleeper and passed out with the pain luckly I had left her running on high idle and the bunk heater was on.so for the rest o the night I woke up and promptly passed out again so daylight appeared and Fme I was parked away from everyone else ,well no ker was around it was a sunday so I thought get into drivers seat and get closer to fuelpumps but I couldn’t put pressure on the throttle and when I did not good kept stalling by now I realised I was having a really bad day …phoned the office no one there so left a message …then I phoned a friend who by chance was not far away heading west ,he floored it to get to me and the relief to see a friend was unbelievable ,.Gerry tried all the numbers he had and got the bossman up ,Gerry said he was driving me back to the yard NOW,he phoned my wife who set off to the city an hr and a half away with another friend driving like a raped ape . Back in the yard they wanted me to go to a city hospital but I said take me to my local one so after dragging me out of the bunk like a sack of spuds I passed out again and woke up when we got to my local district hospital …long story short 6months off work …physio,accupuncture mri s .I had torn my muscles at my lower back and my right hamstring was torn and badly stretched /jarred my left hamstring seems an overweight 49yr old should not be doing the splits in -20s not to mention bruising my nuts. Not to mention the pain killers I got when released from hospital all strapped up …was seeing animals all over the house days flew past later it was a bad come down when I was weined off them.