Germany A plate

dieseldave:
The red/white ■■■■■ marks mentioned by muckles are also Italian. (Only required on Italian registered vehicles.)
They indicate the type of ‘O’ licence that the vehicle has.

Red = own account (Italian = conto proprio)

White = hire and reward (Italian = conto terzi)

I hope this helps. :smiley:

It wasn’t me that mentioned the red/white slashes, I’ve never even noticed them, but will be looking in the future.
Although it now makes sense of the advice I was given about going into Milan on a Sunday a few years ago, as I was driving an own account vehicle, at the time I wondered why that would make any sense to the Italian Police, although the person giving me the advice also said as I was carrying a racing car they’d very unlikely to be stopping me for any more than a look at the car anyway.

Hi spectron,
I would simply say stop at a “AUTOHOF” > services near the motorway as the normal services most times don’t have like that.

The AUTOHOF has may be the “A Abfallschild” in the shop, but I would also look for HGV workshops known as LKW Werkstatt or ask a customer where you deliever too where next LKW Werkstatt is. There they can probably help you or at least know where to get them from.

Why you want spare ones?Normally there are metal signs to open and close. They don’t just fall off or disapear. Or do you use sticky ones?I mean like foil signs to glue on > be careful with them because in most cases the signs must be covered up if your trailer is clean and empty, same as the ADR regs.

But I’m sure your TM tells you what your rule is for having the sign open and when to close it.

muckles:
It wasn’t me that mentioned the red/white slashes, …

Sorry muckles, you’re quite right. :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’ve been back and re-read it to find that it was Franglais who mentioned them.

Cheers for replying everyone. Managed to get 2 stick on ones from 2 ov our drivers the only spares we have. Hopefully should make nobbies truckstop asten tonight. Our transport managers not the best with things like this usually takes a fine to get him in to gear. But he pays all fines anyway. I’d Just rather ask on here save any hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieseldave:

muckles:

Mea culpa.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

dieseldave:

muckles:

Mea culpa.

That’s no problem mate, it was a fair point.