Gaydon Classic & Vintage Commercial Show 2018

smart!

steelboyf10:
smart!

Here is another Smart Tractor & Trailer which is very well Sheeted and Roped of Craig’s.
Taken at the Lathalmond Bus Museum Show Nr Kelty Fife.

As we arrive at the end of the working week, can we look forward to a few more snaps from those attending Gaydon last weekend? Robert

Happy to oblige Robert here are a few from last week.

Think this made everyone chuckle on this F88 which is still working to this day!

Nice one Jshepguis! :sunglasses: Robert

It was the best Gaydon for years. Weather was great and loads of new trucks came that I hadn’t seen before. I’m one of the modellers.

Gaydon1.jpg

Hey Robert,

For next year I should like to come to Gaydon, I was there about 5/6 times, but about 15 year ago, at first it was still at the BP services station.

But heart it are two nowedays, one for old and youngtimers, or British en non british, what’s the throught ■■? and at which dates are it for
both ■■? And is it still at Gaydon’s car centre ■■

Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey Robert,

For next year I should like to come to Gaydon, I was there about 5/6 times, but about 15 year ago, at first it was still at the BP services station.

But heart it are two nowedays, one for old and youngtimers, or British en non british, what’s the throught ■■? and at which dates are it for
both ■■? And is it still at Gaydon’s car centre ■■

Eric,

Hello Eric. Yes there are two events a year, both held at the British Motor Museum at Gaydon. The June event is called the Classic & Vintage Commercial Show and includes older lorries along with a large model truck show. The September event is called the Retro Show and includes a wider range of older and slightly newer vehicles. Someone will no doubt give us the exact description of the categories. Both events have multiple stalls and items of interest. I wasn’t at the Retro Show this year but I intend to be at the Classic & Vintage event next June. Robert

That’s a fair description by Robert. I would say that if your main interest is more Scania and Volvo and trucks of more recent years then the Retro Show is better. If you want older British lorries then you need the Classic in June. You would see some early Scania/Volvo’s there but the main emphasis in June are the older ones

Ha ha ha, I love the euro 6 badge on the F88. I’m always in awe at that F88 still working, and not just working, but working on logging. I missed Gaydon this year, but definitely going next year.

Hey, thanks Robert and other.

For me is it ok as it is before 1980/'81, and like the Britsh too, from the time i first came to England in the '70’s years.

Eric,

tiptop495:

For me is it ok as it is before 1980/'81, and like the Britsh too, from the time i first came to England in the '70’s years.

Eric,

I didn’t understand your question, Eric. Did you mean: is it OK for your truck if it’s built before '81? If so, the answer is yes! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

tiptop495:

Eric,

I didn’t understand your question, Eric. Did you mean: is it OK for your truck if it’s built before '81? If so, the answer is yes! If you go on the British Motor Museum website nearer the time, they will handle your application to attend with a vehicle. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

tiptop495:

Eric,

I didn’t understand your question, Eric. Did you mean: is it OK for your truck if it’s built before '81? If so, the answer is yes! Robert

Hey Robert, Not sure if I should come by lorry ■■? but what I mean is the everything which is built before the '80’s is OK.
My F88 is '67 and the 141 from '80.

Eric,

tiptop495:

ERF-NGC-European:

tiptop495:

Eric,

Hey Robert, Not sure if I should come by lorry ■■? but what I mean is the everything which is built before the '80’s is OK.

Eric,

Morning Eric,
Bring both of the lorries, they will be most welcome, I would like to see that 1967 F88!

pete smith:

tiptop495:

ERF-NGC-European:

tiptop495:

Eric,

Eric,

Morning Eric,
Bring both of the lorries, they will be most welcome, I would like to see that 1967 F88!

Hey, maybe once, but think that ferries are not cheap, even without trailer ■■

Eric,