France on total lock down as of 12.00 tomorrow

All the tobacconists in the French border towns have noticed an increase in sales ,
because French smokers that normally go to Spain to buy their cigs in Spain, because they’re cheaper,
are now having to buy them in France, because of the cross border restrictions. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they didnt work out so cheap for this ■■■■■■…
theguardian.com/world/2020/ … cigarettes

dieseldog999:
All the tobacconists in the French border towns have noticed an increase in sales ,
because French smokers that normally go to Spain to buy their cigs in Spain, because they’re cheaper,
are now having to buy them in France, because of the cross border restrictions. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they didnt work out so cheap for this ■■■■■■…
theguardian.com/world/2020/ … cigarettes
[/quote]
DD, lovely link, defo put a smile on mine and the other half’s faces.
What a knob head, I’d understand if the price of a packet here in France was €20 and €5 in Spain.
Still a2wat, and he got a €135 fine for being out without having an attestation :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh well, M Macron has been on the tele this evening,

Lockdown extended to 11 th May

Not exactly related, but a slight return to normality: seen two or three mobile speed traps this week. Very few cars on the roads still.

Franglais:
Not exactly related, but a slight return to normality: seen two or three mobile speed traps this week. Very few cars on the roads still.

:laughing: :laughing: 2 weeks back saw this :unamused:

I’m sure you know the route coming down from the A28 towards Rouen, through the tunnel, through the industrial estates towards the A13 following the Seine, past the roundabout " without the cows ", as it’s now called,
…well,

just as I get to the link to the A13 heading towards Caen, I notice a Motard, (police bike) on its own leaning against the barrier, can’t go too fast here so I look to see if there’s a problem, nothing , nobody.
Fock me, as I join the A13, there he is on my left leaning against the crash barrier with his speed camera in his hand up to his eyes watching :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
We’re in total lock down, there’s F all on the road :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

[emoji38] [emoji38] 2 weeks back saw this :unamused:

I’m sure you know the route coming down from the A28 towards Rouen, through the tunnel, through the industrial estates towards the A13 following the Seine, past the roundabout " without the cows ", as it’s now called,
…well,

just as I get to the link to the A13 heading towards Caen, I notice a Motard, (police bike) on its own leaning against the barrier, can’t go too fast here so I look to see if there’s a problem, nothing , nobody.
Fock me, as I join the A13, there he is on my left leaning against the crash barrier with his speed camera in his hand up to his eyes watching :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
We’re in total lock down, there’s F all on the road :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Gotta get some cash from somewhere!
On another thread it was said some idiots are going silly because of the lighter traffic.
Car clocked at 150mph on M1?
Yesterday I was doing 85kph on a Departmental road and a fool in a car overtook on solid whites as another car came around the approaching corner.
Next to no traffic, no delays.
But I guess idiots do what they always do…

OwenMoney:
Can you elaborate on the France - Spain border question please as I am going there next week

Only main borders open into Spain. Overhead gantries around Bordeaux state borders restricted.

Went in through Irun which was dead quite. A few police on the Spanish side waved truck straight through.

Saw nothing on the way back out.

Serious lock down in Spain but can get sandwich roll in most gas stations.

Ps. DFDS would NOT give any cabins to drivers out of Newhaven last Monday night claiming is was due to a quick turnaround time. Funny thing one of ours on the inbound said they weren’t given cabins either only a bit of a snack bag to eat.

Totally despicable behavior by them imo.

Technically your Tacho is completely messed up without a cabin and and not the way to start a hard few days driving.

Fortunately I took a shower in the “Truckers lounge” before boarding.

Police looked for the international travel cert getting off in Dieppe.

Good info. Thanks