France on total lock down as of 12.00 tomorrow

pierrot 14:
And here’s another thing that baffles me :open_mouth:

When you go to book in they will no longer touch your ID card/passport, you have to just show it. The staff will not touch anything you handle. I can understand that, but BUT, When they give you back your cabin card, boarding permit and if your frigo, température control sheet, they have it in THEIR HANDS ~~ NO GLOVES, and you’re expected to handle it.
Give me a break WTF. !!!

Hold on mate, it does make some sort of sense.
Doesnt matter if they wear gloves or not, if they wipe their nose or touch a dirty surface , the germs are transferred onto that ticket. WE have to take care of ourselves as they are. We must think about chains of contact. Minimal contact and cleansing when we have a new ticket or whatever. We can wash our hands for a ticket a day. They cant wash their hands for a hundred per shift.

Everyone should be wearing gloves and facemask. I am astonished not seen very many people observing this since I returned from Morocco.

Franglais:

pierrot 14:
And here’s another thing that baffles me :open_mouth:

When you go to book in they will no longer touch your ID card/passport, you have to just show it. The staff will not touch anything you handle. I can understand that, but BUT, When they give you back your cabin card, boarding permit and if your frigo, température control sheet, they have it in THEIR HANDS ~~ NO GLOVES, and you’re expected to handle it.
Give me a break WTF. !!!

Hold on mate, it does make some sort of sense.
Doesnt matter if they wear gloves or not, if they wipe their nose or touch a dirty surface , the germs are transferred onto that ticket. WE have to take care of ourselves as they are. We must think about chains of contact. Minimal contact and cleansing when we have a new ticket or whatever. We can wash our hands for a ticket a day. They cant wash their hands for a hundred per shift.

And now you know how mankind have survived for many a millennia.
Surviving everything that has attacked it’s right to exist by adapting and overcoming everything that has challenged this inalienable right of presence. The human spirit.

Oh well, had to happen I suppose.

We’re now on lock down till Tuesday 15th April

And probably extended to the end of the month.
Loving the empty roads though .

OwenMoney:

Ditto

OwenMoney:

I’m toying with the idea of running the Pėriph Parisian on Monday morning? Park up and take a few pictures may be?

Concretejim:

OwenMoney:

Ditto

Feels really weird driving around France, not complaining mind.
The roads here are just soooo empty, Nationals, Departmentals, Motorways.
I think the people here are adhering to the " Stay at Home " order

Not like England though, was there this week, yes they are quieter, but still loads of cars about.

Under normal circumstances I find French roads to be much more quiet and orderly than over here on the island.I’m stuck here in the UK because I can’t get down to Spain.I have seen deserted roads on the TV in london and Leeds but in my small town you could barely cross the road because of continuous traffic up to 2 days ago.

Gidders:
Under normal circumstances I find French roads to be much more quiet and orderly than over here on the island.I’m stuck here in the UK because I can’t get down to Spain.I have seen deserted roads on the TV in london and Leeds but in my small town you could barely cross the road because of continuous traffic up to 2 days ago.

At the beginning of the week there were more UK cars and caravans on the roads (heading north) than French reg cars. Thursday just an odd straggler or two. I saw French reg camper being stopped by Gendarme, presumably to ask where/why they were travelling.
Very quiet. The drops and collections I`ve done have all been quick too.

Franglais:

Gidders:

At the beginning of the week there were more UK cars and caravans on the roads (heading north) than French reg cars. Thursday just an odd straggler or two. I saw French reg camper being stopped by Gendarme, presumably to ask where/why they were travelling.
Very quiet. The drops and collections I`ve done have all been quick too.

Bet your glad that you just drop it in Ouistreham and pick up another to go on your merry way in France :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

I’m toying with the idea of running the Pėriph Parisian on Monday morning? Park up and take a few pictures may be?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

R420:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Afraid not. Regular boat trips for us again.
Taking advantage of the free food!!
Apparently some of our trucks are running down this Sunday, taking advantage of rule changes.
With so many places closed in France we are having less export goods leaving UK, but the supermarkets still need stuff bringing back, so I’m aware of some empty export trailers. Obviously I don’t get to see the contracts, but I’m sure the jobs will still pay though. Our boss has been around long enough to know the score.
Our imports are less for restaurant trade but more for supermarkets, and certainly no drop in overall volume, but more full loads, and fewer multi collection jobs.

Franglais:

R420:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Afraid not. Regular boat trips for us again.

Taking advantage of the free food!!

Apparently some of our trucks are running down this Sunday, taking advantage of rule changes.
With so many places closed in France we are having less export goods leaving UK, but the supermarkets still need stuff bringing back, so I’m aware of some empty export trailers. Obviously I don’t get to see the contracts, but I’m sure the jobs will still pay though. Our boss has been around long enough to know the score.
Our imports are less for restaurant trade but more for supermarkets, and certainly no drop in overall volume, but more full loads, and fewer multi collection jobs.

What FREE food ■■

I was at the services at Bonneville on fridaymorning, and the toilets and showers were open, and you could pay for petrol/diesel at a night window, but the shop was closed.
I know the restaurants were closed, but now the shops on the motorway as well ? I could not even buy a baguette.

I am in Italy now, taking my weekend break, and here the shops and bars on the motorways are open, you can buy a pannini or a brioche and a coffee, but you have to eat and drink it outside. :wink: All the little restaurants are closed, Orte, Barberino, all closed…

Whatever car traffic you see in France, in Italy it is even less then half, I passed Florence on friday afternoon at 1730 h and never went under 85 km /h. :open_mouth:

pierrot 14:
What FREE food ■■

Nowt to get too excited about I`m afraid :smiley:
On the Mont St M there is now a bottle of water, sandwich and a biscuit or piece of fruit for you in the cabin, and when arriving after a night crossing the self service has a couple of coffee machines working and a croissant or pain choc on offer.
Not the same as the dinners and cooked breakfast maybe, but a step up from nothing.

Franglais:

pierrot 14:
What FREE food ■■

On the Mont St M there is now a bottle of water, sandwich and a biscuit or piece of fruit for you in the cabin, and when arriving after a night crossing the self service has a couple of coffee machines working and a croissant or pain choc on offer.
Not the same as the dinners and cooked breakfast maybe, but a step up from nothing.

Well the Mt St M has upped it a bit then :laughing:

Last week on the Connemara , to the UK 2 bottles of Vittel in the cabin
Return trip, same boat, again 2 bottles of water and on arrival at Cherbourg, tea or coffee at the info desk. :unamused:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

pierrot 14:
What FREE food ■■

Well the Mt St M has upped it a bit then :laughing:

Last week on the Connemara , to the UK 2 bottles of Vittel in the cabin
Return trip, same boat, again 2 bottles of water and on arrival at Cherbourg, tea or coffee at the info desk. :unamused:

I think they are doing what they can in the circumstances.
Certainly not the free waiter service from a few years ago, or even the subsidized self service of recent times, but it is a nod in the right direction.

bald:
I was at the services at Bonneville on fridaymorning, and the toilets and showers were open, and you could pay for petrol/diesel at a night window, but the shop was closed.
I know the restaurants were closed, but now the shops on the motorway as well ? I could not even buy a baguette.

I am in Italy now, taking my weekend break, and here the shops and bars on the motorways are open, you can buy a pannini or a brioche and a coffee, but you have to eat and drink it outside. :wink: All the little restaurants are closed, Orte, Barberino, all closed…

Whatever car traffic you see in France, in Italy it is even less then half, I passed Florence on friday afternoon at 1730 h and never went under 85 km /h. :open_mouth:

Some services are doing it differently: at one the toilets and two coffee machines are open, the shop area was separated by tapes. You can ask the staff for whatever, and they (wearing gloves) pass your goods to you, then you go outside to pay at the night hatch. Worked OK.

Can’t remember if it’s already been mentioned, but all the services that I’ve visited
have dropped the 2 Euro fee for the showers.

Still able to get the prepacked sandwiches and salads, packs of biscuits, crisps etc.
and obviously use the coffee machines,
but the food counters and seating areas all cordoned off