Ford truck fleet drivers

John, remember " flying George" very well , had to out with on one ocassion to recover and boy was that a ride of your life.
ray

Hello all,just found this site .I was on the Fleet from 1972 to 2016,started off on the D1000s and D800s,then the Cargos and Ivecos.I really enjoyed my time on the Fleet,and worked with some great blokes and a few not so great,we seemed to be a big happy family and looked out for each other,you never pulled away until everybody was started up and ready to go when travelling in convoy.Heres a few names from the past that some of you might remember, :smiley: the two Shop stewards Harry Pearson and Charlie Woods,Jock Quarrier ,Andy Mead,Derreck Crew,Peter Pearson,Colin Lewis,Jerry o Brian,the list goes on and on.More than a few are no longer with us .I must mention my old mate [gone now] Jed Doyle a true lorry driver of the old school.

flyer747:
John , i can see the face but i am struggling with the name…no sleep tonite :smiley:
ray

His name was Johnny Jebb,Aveley shunter.

Hi there Sidestrap,
I remember all those guys , I was on A shift, Ray Butler is the name, I left Fords in 91/92 went to work at Gatwick airport and went on to make head loader , if you know of guys that are no longer with us please let me know , I,m sure that there are a few and lastly give up your name and what shift was you on.