Flour Millers

peggydeckboy:
Gigerfold nice photograph of the tanker ,at the bottom left side front of tank of the tank i can see, what looks like a chrome pipe with a joint and looks like a hose ,??is that your blow off air supply pipe ?or does it run along the chassis to the rear ,i have long lost touch with tanks but did pull a spitzer many years ago…

Hello PDB, no, all the air pipework is on the offside of the tank. The pipe you refer to is a modification in the electric driven hydraulic tipping pipe. it is an extra valve that allows the tipping ram to be driven from the wet kit on the unit.

Muckaway:

FLOURPOWER:

Muckaway:

FLOURPOWER:
HEALINGS FLOUR TEWKESBURY SHOTS

Has Tewkesbury Mill been redeveloped yet?

Hi Muckaway,no movement of the mill,couple of weeks ago somebody set fire to the weighbridge office looks worse each week will be 10 years in November since it shut it needs using.Very sad.

The only movement is the silo… :wink:

It is a shame , the mill must be a listed building . Took a walk around it a month a go , the discharge pipe for barges is still in situ , regards Keith .

The last time I was in Healings there was a barge discharging. Seems a lifetime ago!

Retired Old ■■■■:
The last time I was in Healings there was a barge discharging. Seems a lifetime ago!

I remember it being on the news when the barges retired. Late '90s? I think they’re still around.

Here you are ROF, Healings’ own barge “Deerhurst” unloading at the mill in the 1930s, which probably pre-dates your visit there. :smiley: And a later photo of the same barge, which is still in existence.

deerhurst.jpg

Brilliant! Thank you very much- just as I remember it.

FWP Matthews in serious trouble…
beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp … insolvency

Muckaway, great posts regarding the flour industry - very informative, but this is not the right place to advertise or discuss other companies business or troubles I’m sure FWP are doing their best to sort things and at least try and prevent a loss of employment and a total loss for their suppliers. I’m sure they wouldn’t be very happy if they knew an ex employee was posting or discussing there private affairs.

Marlog:
Muckaway, great posts regarding the flour industry - very informative, but this is not the right place to advertise or discuss other companies business or troubles I’m sure FWP are doing their best to sort things and at least try and prevent a loss of employment and a total loss for their suppliers. I’m sure they wouldn’t be very happy if they knew an ex employee was posting or discussing there private affairs.

It’s not private though is it? They are a limited company whose finances etc are made public.

HERES SOME FLOURPOWER

img260 (2).jpg

FLOURPOWER:
HERES SOME FLOURPOWER

Hi Flourpower,
One of Smiths D Series just peeping out of the loading bay at the Walsall mill, Cheer’s Pete

F8ADBDA6-CFAB-458B-A163-7A435381279E.jpeg

COUPLE MORE FLOUR POWER

One from an old AEC ad

img439 (3).jpg

8CF40A8E-138E-484C-8520-14A69209FD01.jpeg

Rank Hovis Foden.

Click on pages twice to read.