Priday metford gloucester

Hi everyone i have been trying to find photos of Priday metfords flour millers glos most of their motors belonged to BRS at one time than dawson rentals i think they had some Merc sks anVolvo FLs in the end used to be red and white and finished up cream cabs with dark green tanks and bodies.They finished in the mid ninties when Spillers bought them ad shut them down and moved everything to Avonmouth and today the mill is flats.So if any one has any photos or memories get in touch please.

flowerpower,wer’nt there a couple of millers with the same fleet colours (red n white),but different names around that way ■■

You didn’t want to deliver to them in Gloucester Docks, unless you had a couple of days to waste :unamused: I lost the will to live there a few times. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not really there fault I know, but I once spent 4 days there as they had a fire. couldn’t get redirected as it was only them or Ceres Cardiff that would take the ■■■■ I had on :unamused:

curnock:
flowerpower,wer’nt there a couple of millers with the same fleet colours (red n white),but different names around that way ■■

Yes your right the other was Healings flour mill Tewkesbury which were part of allied mills and they took over Reynolds flour mills also in Gloucester docks and closed it in1977 and moved it all to Healings after they had a major refit which lasted to 2006 when ADM shut it which before that took spillers over after the mergers and monipolies decided Rank hovis would be too big after they bought the complete spillers mills then they kept some and kerry foods had one then adm ended up with the rest and in 2003 Allied mills sold out to adm only keeping 3 mills for their own supply but now they have rentered the open flour market all goes round in circles!!!cheers flourpower.

I used to be a fitter at brs gloucester, two things i remember , first i rebuilt the gardner engine on an 8 wheeler erf tanker over a weekend, cos they were desperate for it, secondly, whilst i was taking another truck back on a different day, i watched about ten office staff rush past me, i wondered what the commotion was, an old boy in a wheelchair had only try to do himself in, he had wheeled himself off the end of the docks quay, they jumped in and saved him !

The reason that Spillers bought out Pridays is that they were notorious price cutters so Spillers (along with Ranks and Allied) wanted them out of the market and Pridays had to go.

richmond:
I used to be a fitter at brs gloucester, two things i remember , first i rebuilt the gardner engine on an 8 wheeler erf tanker over a weekend, cos they were desperate for it

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: WHAT A LIE!!! You have never had a days work in you let alone a whole weekend :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I spent 30 years at Pridaymetford it was great till 1980 and the boss passed on And then it whent down hill they just cut price and sold the fleet to BRS

kenles:
I spent 30 years at Pridaymetford it was great till 1980 and the boss passed on And then it whent down hill they just cut price and sold the fleet to BRS

I spent almost as long just waiting to tip :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone remember Midwinters of Newent tipping and loading at PM Gloucester regularly

If you google FH8870 you will see a pridaymetfords waggon