Flip flop fail

malcolmgbell:

Mazzer2:

Conor:
Confused about who failed here. The Pole who hit the truck or the truck driver who continued to use his truck in that condition? If it’s the latter I’m surprised its an issue as many on here would seemingly have no problem carrying on with a truck in that condition given the drivel they post about “cracking on”.

Also how did he know it was a Pole if the driver didn’t stop? The numberplate? Could be a British wagon pulling an unaccompanied trailer with a Polish reg plate on.

In which case there would have been a UK number plate on the back thus identifying it as such

Not true I pull roro no English plate on back,stand off with von vosa at oxford , them u have no no plate me yea i do were there bla bla bla put it there, no construction and use states rear no plate must be e luminated ,cant cover true identerty of the vehicle I’m pulling they let me go ,true story that

Righto chap.

Why would there be damage lower down? There is no bodywork to speak of below the height of the trailer bed (the side of which is probably the source of the blue paint).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Any kind of contact with another moving vehicle would result in very different markings, the picture clearly shows the aftermath of a collision with a static object.

My money…

Is on Beavers suggestion of Chep pallets.

The blue paint is the main clue then the dent below that is roughly the height of a pallet.

Grazing a stack of cheps whilst manoeuvring in a yard is not going to destroy the entire mirror mountings and mirror housing. Nor is it going to rip off the front corner fairing or put dents of that magnitude in the door. At the worst you might end up with some blue scuffs on the door and the mirrors partially bent of a shape. No way that’s from pallet damage in a yard unless he hit them at 56mph (which is entirely possible if it was a foreigner).

Well thats it the experts at trucknet csi have made there decision…

[emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Looks like a camera above the deflector, if so, that’s his arse covered.

charlie78:
Looks like a camera above the deflector, if so, that’s his arse covered.

Well not if it was a stack of blue pallets…[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

nomiS36:

toonsy:

nomiS36:
The lesson car drivers need to learn (and this ‘driver’) is always give the flip flops a wide berth on roundabouts because they never seem to know how to use them, outside lane to turn right with no indicators for example.

But there’s logic in why they do it.

Really? As the moaster said, just back off, let them do their thing then do your thing. A couple of seconds lost erring on the side of caution is better than hours dealing with the consequences of taking the moral high ground.

No I mean there’s reasons why they take roundabouts like they do mainly to avoid blind spots.

toonsy:

nomiS36:

toonsy:

nomiS36:
The lesson car drivers need to learn (and this ‘driver’) is always give the flip flops a wide berth on roundabouts because they never seem to know how to use them, outside lane to turn right with no indicators for example.

But there’s logic in why they do it.

Really? As the moaster said, just back off, let them do their thing then do your thing. A couple of seconds lost erring on the side of caution is better than hours dealing with the consequences of taking the moral high ground.

No I mean there’s reasons why they take roundabouts like they do mainly to avoid blind spots.

Eh!!! Surely sticking to the inside of a roundabout is the safest place to be, especially for a left ■■■■■■. They seem to think the correct way to turn right is to go in the outside lane all the way round…sometimes without a right indicator going.

I rest my case [emoji57] he does exactly everything wrong and I’ve seen it time and time again.
youtu.be/IoZJt-23olk

So we know what done it , but which one

1272271782_.jpg

nomiS36:
I rest my case [emoji57] he does exactly everything wrong and I’ve seen it time and time again.
youtu.be/IoZJt-23olk

You do it !!! be it here in the UK in a LHD or abroad in a RHD , it’s not that simple

pierrot 14:

nomiS36:
youtu.be/IoZJt-23olk

You do it !!! be it here in the UK in a LHD or abroad in a RHD , it’s not that simple

I respectfully disagree. If I ever take a roundabout like that in the video I’ll sack myself. It’s indefensible…simple.

Eh!!! Surely sticking to the inside of a roundabout is the safest place to be, especially for a left ■■■■■■. They seem to think the correct way to turn right is to go in the outside lane all the way round…sometimes without a right indicator going.

Now the indicator I agree with but I stick by the other part.

Stick yourself on the left of the cab then turn right. You see nowt out of your NS mirror because of the bulkhead and all you see in the OS mirror is island. This is after being positioned on the approach so that you can’t see anything anyway.

By sticking left they can at least see what’s going on behind them.

I’m not saying it’s right just that having driven LHD here an abroad I can see why they do what they do.

I always find it funny watching a Brit take a roundabout abroad because guess what, most do that wrong over there :laughing: