Flip Flop left hooker Re-designs Sister in law's car

Happened earlier today on the M25 as she was passing him he just changes lanes and re models the side of her car. They pull over on the hard shoulder and exchange details well as best as she can when the guy cant speak a word of english probably conveniently for him at the time.
I told her she should have called the police but she says oh I didnt think, and it was an accident.
Soon changed her tune when the first thing the insurance company said was ‘don’t hold out much hope for your excess as we don’t have much success recovering the money from foreign lorries’’
She ain’t happy.

Happens on the M25 a dozen times a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year. An eastern European truck and a British registered car on the hard shoulder, exchanging details, And you just know that the British driver is going to lose their no-claims-bonus because the insurance company will never be able to follow the paper trail to Lithuania or wherever.

We’ve lost the British international haulage industry, when cabotage restrictions are removed we will lose the domestic transport industry too.

For any truck driver with two brain cells to rub together, I’ve got two words for you to consider between now and May 5th.

Vote UKIP.

That’s a shame. Bet it shook her up. May be a good opportunity to advise her about defensive driving and not to sit in blind spots. I drive LHD trucks here in the uk an the amount of numpties who will just sit there right by the door in the blind spot astounds me. Either move forward or back but just don’t sit there.

We all make mistakes. Indeed I have done this myself on the m42. Not nice for any party but easily done.

Interesting title though. Would a German or a Frenchman driving a Lhd with no English still be a flip flop?

Plambert:
Interesting title though. Would a German or a Frenchman driving a Lhd with no English still be a flip flop?

It would depend on their choice of footwear :unamused:

Harry Monk:
For any truck driver with two brain cells to rub together, I’ve got two words for you to consider between now and May 5th.

Vote UKIP.

Funny you should say that as in 14 years I’ve never had Labour knock on the door till last week. An abrupt SOD off sorted that out

Lot of scaremongering on this thread,my mrs car was reversed into by a foreign truck and the car was wrote off ,we got paid out for car,no different to any accident we’ve had over here
Also got hit by one in truck and again no issues

dozy:
Lot of scaremongering on this thread,my mrs car was reversed into by a foreign truck and the car was wrote off ,we got paid out for car,no different to any accident we’ve had over here

Really dozy? Your Mrs managed to recover the cost of her excess, and had her no claims bonus left intact?

Of course you are going to get paid out old son - that’s what insurance is for. But those two caveats can turn it from inconvenient, to ■■■■■■■ pain in the arse.

Havent they changed some law recently that makes it a lot easier to go after insurance firms/companies in other e.u lands. I know it has for traffic vialations, here in austria they have a 95% success rate in recovering the monies from other e.u operators as they are not a far distance land anymore and have to adhere to “some” rules.

On a side note, anyone seen the ruling on the van bosch case in holland? There having to pay back millions to all the hungarian drivers, which were all being employed through a “sister” company for slave wages, until a dutch court ruled they should be payed the dutch minimum loan.

Also in germany “flip flops” have to be payed the german minimum wage when driving in germany. I know it all sounds good but i bet no-ones going to enforce it/control it. Shame

Harry Monk:
Happens on the M25 a dozen times a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year. An eastern European truck and a British registered car on the hard shoulder, exchanging details, And you just know that the British driver is going to lose their no-claims-bonus because the insurance company will never be able to follow the paper trail to Lithuania or wherever.

We’ve lost the British international haulage industry, when cabotage restrictions are removed we will lose the domestic transport industry too.

Vote UKIP.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The German wage will be controlled as they are recruiting more Customs officers to check if they are being PAID correctly.

Plambert:
. I drive LHD trucks here in the uk an the amount of numpties who will just sit there right by the door in the blind spot astounds me. Either move forward or back but just don’t sit there.

In my days driving LHDs I found the same. The standard of motorway driving in the UK is pretty dire.

Concretejim:
Havent they changed some law recently that makes it a lot easier to go after insurance firms/companies in other e.u lands. I know it has for traffic vialations, here in austria they have a 95% success rate in recovering the monies from other e.u operators as they are not a far distance land anymore and have to adhere to “some” rules.

On a side note, anyone seen the ruling on the van bosch case in holland? There having to pay back millions to all the hungarian drivers, which were all being employed through a “sister” company for slave wages, until a dutch court ruled they should be payed the dutch minimum loan.

Also in germany “flip flops” have to be payed the german minimum wage when driving in germany. I know it all sounds good but i bet no-ones going to enforce it/control it. Shame

Where i worked on the cars, they always brought in Eastern European subbies to help out during peak periods, and in the way proper unions should work despite the antis here who can’t see past their petty jealousies, our Convener organised it that those mainly Latvian drivers had to be paid our British agreement rates or they wouldn’t be loaded, about 4X what they were usually on, they must have thought Christmas had come.

switchlogic:

Plambert:
. I drive LHD trucks here in the uk an the amount of numpties who will just sit there right by the door in the blind spot astounds me. Either move forward or back but just don’t sit there.

In my days driving LHDs I found the same. The standard of motorway driving in the UK is pretty dire.

It’s not just the standard of motorway driving though is it, it seems like drivers have given up on basic driving skills completely.

bobbya:

switchlogic:

Plambert:

It’s not just the standard of motorway driving though is it, it seems like drivers have given up on basic driving skills completely.

True enough. Its got to the point when the UK is becoming one of my least favourite places to drive thanks to the standard of other drivers. You cant even rely on half decent driving from other UK truck drivers these days, more and more of them do what they want and sod you.

Juddian:

Concretejim:

Where i worked on the cars, they always brought in Eastern European subbies to help out during peak periods, and in the way proper unions should work despite the antis here who can’t see past their petty jealousies, our Convener organised it that those mainly Latvian drivers had to be paid our British agreement rates or they wouldn’t be loaded, about 4X what they were usually on, they must have thought Christmas had come.

not forgetting 30+ years of brainwashing and union bashing by our right wing media and the “I’m alright jack, stuff you” mentality of many parts of the British workforce.

Concretejim:

Being a German thing I’m pretty sure it’ll will be enforced, they’ll probably go after a couple of big scalps to scare the rest into compliance.

switchlogic:

Plambert:

I’ve been asked if I want LHD or RHD for my next truck, as most of the journeys I do are in Europe. I’ve said either, but prefer a RHD for that reason.

amamdada:
Soon changed her tune when the first thing the insurance company said was ‘don’t hold out much hope for your excess as we don’t have much success recovering the money from foreign lorries’’
She ain’t happy.

I heard this from insurane compaines so many times

Untraceable or uninsured drivers UK or EU - MIB MIB MIB MIB MIB MIB MIB MIB MIB

mib.org.uk - its what it was SETUP for.

Plambert:

You’re wasting your time mate with some on here, according to them if you are driving a lhd you are a crap driver, as we all know all Brit drivers are of the highest standards aren’t they :unamused: These opinions usually come from the 100mile radius brigade that would ■■■■ themselves if ever they had to drive on the right hand side of the road :unamused:…especially with no sat nav :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

F-reds:

dozy:

Really dozy? Your Mrs managed to recover the cost of her excess, and had her no claims bonus left intact?

Of course you are going to get paid out old son - that’s what insurance is for. But those two caveats can turn it from inconvenient, to [zb] pain in the arse.

recover your excess for the- www.mib.org.uk

Once you get your excess back you insurance will reinstate your NCB. Ive done it and got the t-shirt. You have to do it yourself as the mib do not deal with the insurance company.