Flip Flop left hooker Re-designs Sister in law's car

Truckerjimbo, I don’t doubt you for a second, but why isn’t that more widely publicised??

Great advice for the Op if it works though!!

muckles:

switchlogic:

Plambert:
. I drive LHD trucks here in the uk an the amount of numpties who will just sit there right by the door in the blind spot astounds me. Either move forward or back but just don’t sit there.

In my days driving LHDs I found the same. The standard of motorway driving in the UK is pretty dire.

I’ve been asked if I want LHD or RHD for my next truck, as most of the journeys I do are in Europe. I’ve said either, but prefer a RHD for that reason.

I personally prefer left hookers but I think these days you’ve made the right decision, it’s much easier driving a RHD truck in Europe than it is a LHD in the UK.

robroy:

Plambert:
Interesting title though. Would a German or a Frenchman driving a Lhd with no English still be a flip flop?

You’re wasting your time mate with some on here, according to them if you are driving a lhd you are a crap driver, as we all know all Brit drivers are of the highest standards aren’t they :unamused: These opinions usually come from the 100mile radius brigade that would [zb] themselves if ever they had to drive on the right hand side of the road :unamused:…especially with no sat nav :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

So true!

amamdada:
Happened earlier today on the M25 as she was passing him he just changes lanes and re models the side of her car. They pull over on the hard shoulder and exchange details well as best as she can when the guy cant speak a word of english probably conveniently for him at the time.
I told her she should have called the police but she says oh I didnt think, and it was an accident.
Soon changed her tune when the first thing the insurance company said was ‘don’t hold out much hope for your excess as we don’t have much success recovering the money from foreign lorries’’
She ain’t happy.

Calling the Police wouldn’t make the outcome any different, there was no injury and he exchanged details as per the law. The fact obtaining insurance details from European companies is another matter and nothing to do with the Police

switchlogic:

muckles:

switchlogic:

Plambert:
. I drive LHD trucks here in the uk an the amount of numpties who will just sit there right by the door in the blind spot astounds me. Either move forward or back but just don’t sit there.

In my days driving LHDs I found the same. The standard of motorway driving in the UK is pretty dire.

I’ve been asked if I want LHD or RHD for my next truck, as most of the journeys I do are in Europe. I’ve said either, but prefer a RHD for that reason.

I personally prefer left hookers but I think these days you’ve made the right decision, it’s much easier driving a RHD truck in Europe than it is a LHD in the UK.

That was my thinking, ok there are a few junctions that can be a bit tricky, but I don’t find people sat alongside my front wheel on a motorway, matching my speed for miles on end.

Although not 100% sure I’ll be getting a new truck, or if it will be LHD or RHD, all talk at the moment.

amamdada:
Happened earlier today on the M25 as she was passing him he just changes lanes and re models the side of her car. They pull over on the hard shoulder and exchange details well as best as she can when the guy cant speak a word of english probably conveniently for him at the time.
I told her she should have called the police but she says oh I didnt think, and it was an accident.
Soon changed her tune when the first thing the insurance company said was ‘don’t hold out much hope for your excess as we don’t have much success recovering the money from foreign lorries’’
She ain’t happy.

don’t go thru your own insurance then you wont loose your excess go direct to there insurance he shud have given her a copy of the insurance form he will have had to fill supplied by his insurer.

switchlogic:

muckles:

switchlogic:

Plambert:

I did also prefer LHD.s, but not sure if I agree with Luke about going for the rhd in this case. If it was me I would not let these muppets influence my decision, I would say it’s a no brainer going for the left ■■■■■■ if doing Euro.
If you feel that bad about said muppets do what I used to do, a Fresnel lens and a camera on the passenger side step, job sorted!

Plambert, are you on Verhoek NL by any chance?

Harry Monk:
Happens on the M25 a dozen times a day, seven days a week, fifty-two weeks a year. An eastern European truck and a British registered car on the hard shoulder, exchanging details, And you just know that the British driver is going to lose their no-claims-bonus because the insurance company will never be able to follow the paper trail to Lithuania or wherever.

We’ve lost the British international haulage industry, when cabotage restrictions are removed we will lose the domestic transport industry too.

For any truck driver with two brain cells to rub together, I’ve got two words for you to consider between now and May 5th.

Vote UKIP.

Fortunately for us Harry, its only people with two Brain cells that will vote for the phony party called UKIP.

switchlogic:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Surely you must have noticed the decline in the number of British drivers doing continental work over the last ten years or so, surely you must have noticed who now does that work, and surely you understand what cabotage is, and that the same will happen to domestic work when cabotage restrictions are removed, as is the eu’s eventual aim?

Surely you have heard about Waberer’s massive new terminal being built at Felixtowe? Why would Waberer’s build a terminal at Felixstowe unless they had an eye on taking overthe Felixstowe container traffic?

You go ahead and vote for a pro-eu party if you want, you are spoiled for choice. Personally I’ll be voting for an anti-eu party and for as long as there is only one anti-eu party, then there’s only one party likely to get this road haulier’s vote.

robroy:

switchlogic:

muckles:

switchlogic:

Plambert:

I did also prefer LHD.s, but not sure if I agree with Luke about going for the rhd in this case. If it was me I would not let these muppets influence my decision, I would say it’s a no brainer going for the left ■■■■■■ if doing Euro.
If you feel that bad about said muppets do what I used to do, a Fresnel lens and a camera on the passenger side step, job sorted!

Plambert, are you on Verhoek NL by any chance?

yoyo5:
Fortunately for us Harry, its only people with two Brain cells that will vote for the phony party called UKIP.

Well, I’ll tell you what, if you want all remaining cabotage restrictions to be removed, and for the British domestic haulage industry to go the same way as the British continental haulage industry, you just get yourself down to that ballot box on 5th May and vote Labour or Conservative, they’ll see you right. You carry on voting for this.

No, I work for myself.

I prefer lhd trucks but they are a pain in the arse sometimes in the uk and, as others have said, you’re better off driving a rhd if driving both in the uk and abroad - although Lhd still feel more natural to me.

Harry Monk:

yoyo5:

Well, I’ll tell you what, if you want all remaining cabotage restrictions to be removed, and for the British domestic haulage industry to go the same way as the British continental haulage industry, you just get yourself down to that ballot box on 5th May and vote Labour or Conservative, they’ll see you right. You carry on voting for this.

Then you tell me Harry, What policies have UKIP given us that will prevent it, NO I will tell you ZILCH absolutely ZILCH. And that’s because they haven’t got any just that emotive word IMMIGRATION.
And please do not go on about the Rich having more than everybody else, well matey that’s life, as no doubt you have more than somebody else and that’s because you work for it, you don’t get nothing for nothing in this life.
I have been at work for 47 years, and not a rich person by any standards, but you will not catch me ■■■■■■■■ because somebody’s got more than me, in fact if it wasn’t for other people risking there money to start a business, then most of you would not have a job so taking the risk deserves the reward., So you go ahead and vote UKIP but please don’t ■■■■■ about it when you do not get the perfect world that does not exist.
Life moves on and we have to adapt to changing times, and adapt we will do, cause that’s how life evolves.

yoyo5:
Then you tell me Harry, What policies have UKIP given us that will prevent it, NO I will tell you ZILCH absolutely ZILCH. And that’s because they haven’t got any just that emotive word IMMIGRATION.

If you want to know what UKIP’s policies are, just go on their website, it’s hardly rocket science, is it?

Yes, UKIP’s central policy is leaving the eu. The British working class- people like you and me for example- have been enormously damaged by the 2004 and 2007 eu enlargements and the advantages to be gained by the factory owner/ landowner/ banker class by taking advantage of wage arbitrage and the army of cheap labour they found on the doorstep.

That’s why there is no longer a British continental transport industry, and when cabotage restrictions are removed, that’s why there will no longer be a British domestic transport industry either.

But then it doesn’t matter what I say, you’ll vote for whoever the Sun tells you to vote for. Crack on then, just don’t come back in five years wondering why you haven’t got a job any more.

Harry, you do realise you will not be able to change these people’s minds, they are so used to being led by the usual two that they are scared of change, I know you are spot on don’t give up trying, good luck.

Harry Monk:

yoyo5:

have ukip said they will keep the cabotage rules have they actually thought that far

Harry you usually talk a bit of sense but to generalise anyone that does not vote the way you do are lead by the red tops is daft and quite insulting .

bobbya:
Harry, you do realise you will not be able to change these people’s minds, they are so used to being led by the usual two that they are scared of change, I know you are spot on don’t give up trying, good luck.

Its not a case of changing peoples minds, and definitely not the case of voting for the usual two as you would put it. its the reality that I am voting for who I think ( In My opinion ) gives me the most confidence to do the best ( And immigration is only a part of that ) to run this country . Politics is not for the faint hearted as you will never please those with a fixed political direction so its not worth trying. But as I have stated already UKIP do not have any real Policies, AND YES if you read there web site IT is void of any concrete policies apart from getting out of the EU, And the funny thing is they make absolutely no mention any where of restricting Cabotage.
And as of yet Mr Farrage ( a failed merchant Banker ) only tells us YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET fact is we AINT seen anything yet apart from he likes a ■■■ and a pint ( no problem with that ) and he realises that Immigration SCARES people so will use that to attract attention. I haven’t got any personal problem at all with Harry Monk or anybody else to have there own opinion that’s what a generation fought and died for to give us that opportunity, so yes go on and vote for who you like its your vote.

How does a weak attack on driving standards of both the car driver and foreign truck driver end up with the ‘we’re all doomed I tell you, doomed’ scenario?

UKip, or any other political party for that matter, is not driving the demise of the uk participation in the EU haulage industry. There is plenty of work around. The fact is that, for many, it’s easier and you can better money here in the uk than you can abroad.

Not as glamorous and doesn’t have the same ring about it in the cafè - “just come back from Swindon” rather than Stockholm but it probably pays more!

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Surely you must have noticed the decline in the number of British drivers doing continental work over the last ten years or so, surely you must have noticed who now does that work, and surely you understand what cabotage is, and that the same will happen to domestic work when cabotage restrictions are removed, as is the eu’s eventual aim?

Surely you have heard about Waberer’s massive new terminal being built at Felixtowe? Why would Waberer’s build a terminal at Felixstowe unless they had an eye on taking overthe Felixstowe container traffic?

You go ahead and vote for a pro-eu party if you want, you are spoiled for choice. Personally I’ll be voting for an anti-eu party and for as long as there is only one anti-eu party, then there’s only one party likely to get this road haulier’s vote.

You’re starting to challenge Carryfast as Trucknets resident ranter. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: There, three more for good measure.