F. Edmondson & Sons

During my daily trundles around Holland, I can normally count on one hand the number of British trucks that I’ll see in a month. However, I see the above firm on a daily basis, usually on the A1 coming from the direction of the German border. Not just one truck but sometimes two or more. Their website and trailers suggest furniture transport.

I just wondered if anyone knew the contract they’re doing that brings them to mainland Europe on a daily basis. IKEA perhaps? I’m just being nosy that’s all.

And I wonder would they take the North sea crossing or the Channel ports to get back to their base in Morcambe? Glad to see one British company has regular Euro.

I used to see them every time I was on the ferry to and from Ireland. They always seemed to be double manned as well.

They are in Vlotho( my German home town ) loading kitchens for the UK

gbtransp:
They are in Vlotho( my German home town ) loading kitchens for the UK

Aah ok, that makes sense. They must leave at the same time every day as I usually pass them around Apeldoorn. Thanks for the info.

They used to have a depot in Novara, Italy at one time I think

I don’t know if they still do, but they used to go over to Malta a while back. I’ve shipped stuff over there with them.

Always enjoy seeing an edmunson, basic livery but smart looking.

Reminds me of another furniture favourite, coach house, always a treat to spot one