"Experienced" Drivers

Experienced is to many …what is not to others…we all have our own personal versions of experience and i do believe that over a period of time you can call yourself experienced whether it be to holding a licence to drive such a vehicle or the amout of years spent on the road. I am an experienced driver because…i can drive every type of vehicle with confidence regardless of the gearbox type…i can pull and operate every type of trailer including fridges and their controls…tautliners…tilts including stripping them down and building them back up on my own…flat trailers that need chains and toggles or ropes and sheets…low loaders that need constant attention…tippers and the sites that go with tipping…i can drive to anywhere in europe…eastern bloc…asia…middle east…india africa…i can ship out from anywhere to anywhere with confidence…i fully understand the laws and regulations that go with transport…i have an C.P.C. national and international…i have a Hazchem licence…and over 40 years driving trucks…25 years international driving…i have a licence that is as clean as the day i got it…and never having put a mark or endorsement on it…so i am an experienced driver…but there is always something new to learn…and i will always listen…and not believe i know it all…
have a nice day

Simon:
NOT being able to parallel park your car.
Despite the fact that ?00s of times a week, you blind side reverse a 45ft trailer and parallel park perfectly, an inch away from a line, partially painted in a yard somewhere :unamused: :blush: :blush:

Oh yeah ?
Like me, when I yesterday backed my van up into our neighbours wall and smashed my lights and part of the useless plastic bumber !!■■? :imp: :imp:
That was as I was heading off to drive these big bendy things, had a night of reversing onto tight loading bays with no room for going stright in…etc etc… I mean, how stupid can I be ■■?

Also the other night when I came back home in the yard early morning. Spent the longest time scraping a good square of ice of my windscreen only to find when I got in the seat ready to go, that I had made the clear patch on the right side !!! ( my van is left hand drive) Just hoping no one saw it…LOL

■■
Jo

That says just about the lot, Truckyboy. :smiley: :smiley:

Owens_girl:
Also the other night when I came back home in the yard early morning. Spent the longest time scraping a good square of ice of my windscreen only to find when I got in the seat ready to go, that I had made the clear patch on the right side !!! ( my van is left hand drive) Just hoping no one saw it…

That made me laugh, I’m off to work in a minute and the thought of that will keep me smiling at least as far as Dover. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Simon:
NOT being able to parallel park your car.
Despite the fact that ?00s of times a week, you blind side reverse a 45ft trailer and parallel park perfectly, an inch away from a line, partially painted in a yard somewhere :unamused: :blush: :blush:

On my CDL A test the examiner said “Parallel park over there on the right”
“But there’s no vehicles to parallelpark behind or infront” I said.
“Just imagine there are” he said
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is the funniest thread I’ve read in ages… I’m APMSL… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought it was just me that had lost the ability to park her car all of a sudden… It’s so embaressing when people know you’re a truck driver and I have to shunt my ■■■■■■ more times than an artic… :unamused:

I reckon the fix would be to fit huge lorry mirrors on it, and sit in a high chair whilst driving… :wink:

Oh… and after 15 years total driving experience ALL in manuals, having ONE day in an auto truck, then for the next week trying to slot my car and trucks into 1st WITHOUT pressing the clutch… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Muppet… :blush:

I’ve done the ‘getting in the wrong side’ trick… Only problem is, I have never owned a left ■■■■■■… !!!

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

mezzzz1211:
your experienced when
your arse and your seat are the same shape
you try to put a tacho in the car at weekends when you take your lass/lad (pc) shopping
you take a wizz out the back door cos you cant be arsed to walk to the main building(you know who you are)
and finally
you spend your nights on HERE talking [zb]
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You forgot
When driving home on a Fri in the car you look down at the speedo and your doin 56 in a national speed limit

You’re experienced when the pay, hours, conditions, traffic managers, other road users and road traffic regs get to you and you go and get a proper job. :smiley:

Yuo know you’re experienced when you overtake another lorry in your car and call him/her a [zb] for NOT flashing you in afterwards :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ragtop:
I thought it was just me that had lost the ability to park her car all of a sudden… It’s so embaressing when people know you’re a truck driver and I have to shunt my ■■■■■■ more times than an artic…

It’s real “let the floor swallow me up” territory, isn’t it? :blush: :blush: :blush: And the worst is yet to came, I’m afraid…just wait 'til you’ve got your licence back and had a few months in an artic…My ex used to pick on me mercilessly for the “steering the wrong way in Asda” syndrome, until after 15yrs on rigids he finally took his Class 1 and started using it… :wink: :wink: :wink:

Best one I ever did was in a completely empty car park in Yeovil…looked behind me and saw a pillar to the right, so automatically steered left, hit the throttle (as the car park was empty) and c-r-u-n-c-h!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:
I put it down to being 8 months pregnant at the time, but no-one believed me, they all knew I was - and still am - lethal in anything which hasn’t got a bend in - and not much better in things which have!.. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know I’m experienced when…

After a days motor racing,I can turn my car,trailer/race car around in our cul-de-sac in one,negotiate my next door neighbours badly parked cars,which they leave on the street despite having their own drive,and then reverse down my drive,yet watch while my best mate/neighbour makes a total arse of it,has a row with his missus over it,and then SHE asks me to turn their car,trailer/race car around,and then back it down their drive which has only an inch or two either side of the house and the fence which seperates them from next door.

Ken.

That automatic syndrom isnt doing much for my car… Constantly im putting it into first, Pulling away with the clutch then putting the foot to the floor. Once The engine is screaming at 6000rmp Im thinking, Whats up with this, It wont change gear!

then the penny drops - Ive got to do it :frowning:

Gat:
[
You forgot
When driving home on a Fri in the car you look down at the speedo and your doin 56 in a national speed limit

Yep, that’s another classic. Done that as well.
Still though, it just makes me feel more daft than experienced ! :blush:

Another one for the left/right hand side thingie is when I’m in the van and fumbles for the darn gear stick on my left side only to get the door handle !! Dohh !! :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

■■
Jo

How about getting to 5th gear in your car then trying to ‘change up’ some more :unamused: and even feeling for the splitter :open_mouth: :unamused:

Do the 50-56 mph thing every time i get out of the truck and into the car, don’t realise until half way home :unamused:

richiessex:
How about getting to 5th gear in your car then trying to ‘change up’ some more :unamused: and even feeling for the splitter :open_mouth: :unamused:

Do the 50-56 mph thing every time i get out of the truck and into the car, don’t realise until half way home :unamused:

yep, done all that… :unamused:

Aren’t we just a clever bunch ■■? :laughing:

■■
Jo

I don’t have to many problems telling the difference between my car and truck, but when I was driving MAN TGA’s I used to forget my car doesn’t have comfort shift :blush: comes; out of gear easy enough, but makes a bit of a noise trying to get it in the next one, especially at max revs :laughing:

one from my coaching days, forgetting you’re car doesn’t have a speedlimiter

i usually drive artics. my problem is when i hop into a ridgid and get very confused when trying to back. that friggin trailer just won’t come into view :smiley: :smiley:

Trying to find the range-change switch, or knock-over on your car gearbox,
Always ending up in the truck park at MSA’s even in the car…
That annoying feeling of being so low down in your car you feel nervy…
You try and ‘float’ a stick shift car (Ask pat about that one…)
You always reach for the air seat adjustment in the car
Always doing 56 :smiley: (did that first few times out over here… single carriageway road with a 65 limit… if I wasn’t watching that speedo like a hawk, I’d look down and be doing 56 again :laughing:)
When you buy a diesel car so you won’t put the wrong fuel in it :laughing:
When you know what a wagon’n’drag wi’ a 425 'orse D12 means…(it’s a volvo by the way :smiley:)
When you can calmly discuss the various nightmarish hills you’ve conquered in the course of your daily work (and their relevent bum puckering factors)
Whined about how warehouse people aren’t as keen to get their stuff as in 't old days
Complained about every single racial/religious/■■■■■■ etc ethnotype and their various pittiful driving habits
Spent 3 or more hours working out who drives worse, BMWs, Mercs or Volvos…

Finally - in order… insert fanfare here
Signed up to Trucknet,
Used trucknet
Signed up, used, and well known on more than one trucking website as well as the biggie…

And - above all…

Having a trucknet sticker on your personal transport! :smiley: