Eu drivers parking on hard shoulder of m1

Jingle Jon:

robroy:

Jingle Jon:
thunder367

Don’t let this berk put you off expressing your opinion. He’s racked up over 10k of pish posts that consist mainly of telling others what they should think and crying like a baby when anyone sticks up for themselves.

He’s got an entire thread dedicated to me. Known as the Bovvered Rob’s Meltdown thread. That was my funniest internet moment since he quoted me in his sig. He’s a proper chopper.

Oh dear oh dear Jon :unamused: …this making a fool of yourself on here has to stop you know. :bulb:

As long as I keep annoying you mate, it’s all worthwhile :laughing: .
You just can’t resist responding to me can you, even though I agreed to ignore you…a bit sad really. :laughing: you only make yourself look a bit silly.

Only this time don’t go crying to the mods, (or even more unbelivably the Police :open_mouth: :laughing: ) like you did last time, we all know how sensitive you are.
Btw The irony of you calling another user ‘sensitive’ on another thread was not lost on me, but unlike you I did not take the opportunity to jump on it as I thought it would be more adult just to stick to my suggestion of ignoring each other.
But feel free to keep hanging on my every word…I’m quite flattered in a way you know. :smiley:

Nice one Rob,

Lovely to hear from you. Did you get a telling off… not me mate. I didn’t complain… ask them.

And I didn’t go to the cops… was real funny though… one min your shouting bovvered… next your’e in meltdown “Am I a Bully” - you couldn’t pay for that level of class.

And yes, you did agree to ignore me… ‘will power’ not the thing of the small mind eh Rob. BTW: I wasn’t talking to you… rocket science eh.

■■■■ take aside though Rob, If you think the OP should just mind his own… what brings you here? (this thread) Are you a narcissist Rob? Do you think he should care what your think about his interests?

GRIN!

Jingle Jon:
It’s been going on for ages and it’s now almost an epidemic.

A lot of these EU rigs are here picking up work on the cheap, they often park on services and don’t pay and never respond to parking charges… that they rarely receive anyway. It means they can operate here on the cheap and in effect are not playing with the same set of costs incurred by UK fleets. Which mean fleet owners have to take hits on rates and drivers incur hits on wages .

I don’t think the failure to pay a parking fee is the main reason EE European trucks can undercut UK operations, especially as many UK drivers park in laybys and on industrial estates, even you say you have you own list of free parking places, so you paid nothing so how do they undercut that?
I’d imagine drivers wages were the biggest factor, followed by the difference in operating costs and if they’re doing cabotage, then fuel costs would be a factor.

Parking is just one of the factors and as you say…wages.

As most are saying (which I alluded to earlier) it’s either toll or buy food… not always and not everywhere - same here. In my personal experience (with the exception of Switzerland) the food isn’t much good, you often have to pay to use the loo…

There’s one or two decent lay-bys, near a bar or a good cafe, but not much difference if any from here.

This is what happens when you park on the shoulder. Admittedly the car drivers fault but it’s an example.

All car occupants beheaded.

Pat Hasler:
This is what happens when you park on the shoulder. Admittedly the car drivers fault but it’s an example.

All car occupants beheaded.

And the only reason needed to get it sorted. Without doubt infrastructure needed. It’s a while back now since I read a report - but seem to remember most if not all the services chains were making huge losses… so it’s difficult to imagine anyone investing in more.

Tis something the gubbermint could do though… especially considering transport’s contributions to the economy.

Jingle Jon:
Parking is just one of the factors and as you say…wages.

As most are saying (which I alluded to earlier) it’s either toll or buy food… not always and not everywhere - same here. In my personal experience (with the exception of Switzerland) the food isn’t much good, you often have to pay to use the loo…

There’s one or two decent lay-bys, near a bar or a good cafe, but not much difference if any from here.

I think I didn’t make my point clear, services in most of Europe are free to park, regardless of whether they’re on toll roads or not, truckstops are different, they used to be free as the majority of drivers would buy something from them, these they make a charge but this is refunded in full if you buy a meal, unlike UK truckstops and MSA’s where you might get a meal voucher for fraction of the cost of parking.
Paying for toilets is a mostly a German thing, but done in some other countries, but again these days you get a voucher when you pay which you can use at the services, so go to pee first then buy a coffee using the voucher. In some Belgium service at the moment you get 20% off your meal when you show you HGV licence.

lolipop:
All down to the fact that there are insufficient free lorry parks / laybys,parking is all connected to MSAs and Truckstops who charge the earth to park,we dont have large free laybys like the ones in France.
Some Truckstops are OK providing Stobarts Waberers or Willi Betzs and the like have not moved in.

I don’t think its down to just not enough free places, it not enough truck parking altogether, judging by how full with EE trucks Ashford and the service area near the euro tunnel get, EE companies do pay for parking, as its difficult to get away with it either of them.

But they can only take a fraction of the trucks looking to park in that area, but it nearly impossible to get more built.

Obviously none of this gives drivers an excuse to park on hard shoulders, but the solution of illegal parking and lack of parking needs government action to sort it out as it won’t happen by leaving it to the free market

We’ve probably just been to different places. When I was doing Europe, paying for the loo was common in Holland, Belgium, Switzerland & Germany. Used to use the Peage a lot - which as I said … you pay a toll… so not free.

My point is that I disagree with the description of it being a lot better over the water. Yes there are some good places… but there are here too.

Also have to admit… I don’t like having a fridge anywhere near me… so already have a tainted view.

I know a nice little hide near Soissons, another Nr Frieburg and a few roadside Tappas on the South Coast run, like most I had my favourites… and this assumes they’re still there.

I’m just not buying the how great it is & free version.

Jingle Jon:
Nice one Rob,

Lovely to hear from you. Did you get a telling off… not me mate. I didn’t complain… ask them.

And I didn’t go to the cops… was real funny though… one min your shouting bovvered… next your’e in meltdown “Am I a Bully” - you couldn’t pay for that level of class.

And yes, you did agree to ignore me… ‘will power’ not the thing of the small mind eh Rob. BTW: I wasn’t talking to you… rocket science eh.

■■■■ take aside though Rob, If you think the OP should just mind his own… what brings you here? (this thread) Are you a narcissist Rob? Do you think he should care what your think about his interests?

Ah right, so you now want an adult intelligent conversation for a change instead of the petty name calling and childish insults eh?..
Ok then,.as you say…Nice one Jon.
So here goes.

Reality check mate…
This is a forum for blokes who drive trucks for a living, nothing more nothing less, :bulb:
Some you get on with, some you don’t.

The furthest I go with that in terms of dislike, is to find one or two of them annoying in different degrees, where as you seem to take it to another level by displaying an element of hate :open_mouth: , illustrated by you getting disproportionately rattled, and responding to posts (that are not even aimed at you) with personal jibes and immature name calling…which you should really try and control.

As for me, there are some good lads on here, there are some absolute rivets and some in between.
People like yourself do not phase me one iota, either on here, or in real life either tbh mate…trust me on that.
A mild annoyance granted, but that’s as far as it goes.

As for your interpretation of me having a ‘‘meltdown’’ it’s groundless at best and laughable at the very least.
You see I can differentiate between reality and an internet forum, some Herbert on a forum calling me a bully, and telling me they have gone to the Police over it, aint exactly going to have me reaching for the Valium. :laughing: …trust me.

Following on from that , the thread I started you refer to, was a direct response to you …actually accusing me of bullying you :unamused: …ffs. :open_mouth: but now you are even back pedalling on that now :laughing: …, presumably to save face eh?
Even the mods made a sub thread to clarify it which kind of indicates what they do or don’t think of you maybe eh?..because rest assured if they thought I was bullying anybody my arse would be right out of here …end of, and as you can see I’m still here.

So Jon me old mate, I really can’t be arsed with you any longer, so keep up the name calling and all the rest of it if it pleases you, and I’ll try and ignore it, because nothing I could say to respond to it would make you look any more pathetic than what you do yourself by doing it.
So Jon,.(and with respect)…grow up eh?

Apologies to the rest of you have to read and endure all this crap btw.
I hope this is the end of it, but I won’t hold my breath. :unamused:

was not a drunk rant at all as i do not drink that much only mainly on holiday and dont go out that much either got other things to keep me busy.and for the my grammer sorry but i failed it at school.
i was asking ur opion thats all and no i would never park on hard shoulder at all way to dangerous even if the police say it be ok to after a serious accident that had keeped me there all day id rather run somewhere to be safe

Rob,

Haven’t read your post. Not interested. You need attention - not getting it here . This thread is not about you. Go away.

Jingle Jon:
Rob,

Haven’t read your post. Not interested. You need attention - not getting it here . This thread is not about you. Go away.

Thanks for that, looks like you have taken my advice in the post…(that you didn’t read :smiley: )

So to the rest on here, let’s get back on track,… and in my narcisistic view :smiley:
What about Police cars pulling motorists in on the hard shoulder?
On one hand they’re telling you to get out of the car and sit on the embankment out of harms way, then they are pulling in behind cars that they have pulled over on the hard shoulder, and putting drivers in the back seat with traffic passing them closely at 70+ mph. :bulb:
Where’s the consistency in that ?

thunder367:
was not a drunk rant at all as i do not drink that much only mainly on holiday and dont go out that much either got other things to keep me busy.and for the my grammer sorry but i failed it at school.
i was asking ur opion thats all and no i would never park on hard shoulder at all way to dangerous even if the police say it be ok to after a serious accident that had keeped me there all day id rather run somewhere to be safe

What it is mate, there’s a few old lags about who are self appointed mods. Basically they’re a bit thick, they can probably spell better than you, but they’re no where near as smart when it comes to working out logical issues.

You raised an important issue and we should not let idiots divert it, nor allow anyone to derail it with the racist card.

In this country each operator must have ops license. Seems simple enough to me to grant every EU operator with truck by truck temporary licences - which can be revoked where appropriate.

Rob,

Try to get over me. I’m a married man… I like women - not into men.

I’m not reading your posts aimed at me… you’re a boring, thick ****!

I realise that must be upsetting ■■■

Takd care love.

Could almost set your watch by the regularity that this topic pops up

Jingle Jon:
I’ve driven all over the EU, for many years and I’ve yet to see this Utopia of free truck-stops and massive FREE lay-bys all over the place…

This quote makes it sound like you’ve never even been to Europe…how on earth did you not notice the amount of free rest areas?! They’re everywhere not to mention the full services which are also free to park in. I’m on my way to Italy and one over the channel parking requires no thought at all, I’ll drive until I’m 20 minutes off my max for that day and dive in first free rest areas. It’s great

Jingle Jon:
Rob,

To be fair you sort of made it about him when you launched him into it with a personal attack. Both of you pull yourselves together and pay nice

Jingle Jon:
Rob,

Try to get over me. I’m a married man… I like women - not into men.

I’m not reading your posts aimed at me… you’re a boring, thick ****!

I realise that must be upsetting ■■■

Takd care love.

Priceless :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
You aimed the first beligerant post at me (yet again) I respond, and now I’m the instigator…Yeh, you could be right, I love you, but maybe not in that context. :smiley:

As I said mate just ignore me instead of getting so menstrual about it…but you just can’t can you. :wink:

switchlogic:

Jingle Jon:
Rob,

To be fair you sort of made it about him when you stashed him into it with a personal attack. Both of you pull yourselves together and pay nice

Cheers Luke, I was beginning to think I had got that account wrong after all. :unamused:
Trying to regain a bit of adult dignity as we speak. :wink:
Admittedlly slipped down a couple of levels there. :blush:
:smiley:

switchlogic:

Jingle Jon:
I’ve driven all over the EU, for many years and I’ve yet to see this Utopia of free truck-stops and massive FREE lay-bys all over the place…

This quote makes it sound like you’ve never even been to Europe…how on earth did you not notice the amount of free rest areas?! They’re everywhere not to mention the full services which are also free to park in. I’m on my way to Italy and one over the channel parking requires no thought at all, I’ll drive until I’m 20 minutes off my max for that day and dive in first free rest areas. It’s great

Where are these high quality, free rest areas. Depending where you go, there’s not much free. Belgium has a few - hardly the Ritz though, just your standard service areas selling crap food. Pay to use toilets and poor coffee. Lux is usually rammed and crap, Italy I’ll give you… although I’ve only done the north. If you mention anywhere on a toll road… as I’ve said… toll paid = not free.
Spain barely had any last time I was there and those it did have were on the toll… so you’ve paid.

What I’m saying ‘again’ is this utopian idea of free truck stops and amazing lay-bys is nonsense really. Especially when people throw it into a comparison with the uk. It’s not that different - there are exceptions.