ERF 'European' (1975)

Nice picture and originally about 7-8 trailers were ‘simple’ flats (with toolbox) to transport
steel constructions as well as plastics and cement…for easy loading/unloading. The height
of the front-board was a bit low for a tilt/tautliner-idea

New pic of the re cabbed Pacific of Sita Dewasmes / Cochez.

Original.

newerfsitcadewasmes1.PNG

New.

erf red1.PNG

DEANB:

Original.

New.

First pic isn’t new. You posted on here ages ago :laughing: :laughing: ! But hey, the second pic is new so cheers for that! :sunglasses:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

Original.

New.

First pic isn’t new. You posted on here ages ago :laughing: :laughing: ! But hey, the second pic is new so cheers for that! :sunglasses:

I know first pic is not new ,thats why i put original and then new ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Seasonal greetings from De Nederlands here with a cracking design by Hans Witte! Robert

Dont think i have popped this one on before.

NMP

DEANB:
Dont think i have popped this one on before.

NMP

You have! lol. But have a lovely Christmas mate! R

Cauvas.

newerf847a.PNG

Happy New Year muckers! R

ERF-NGC-European:

Looks like shes just been converted there Robert,looking at the fresh paint. :smiley:

Looks heavy…

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

Looks like shes just been converted there Robert,looking at the fresh paint. :smiley:

Looks heavy…

Like that last picture, Dean - it’s a new one! R

What’s the tractor at the back? I’m going to guess at Kaelble.

[zb]
anorak:
What’s the tractor at the back? I’m going to guess at Kaelble.

I think it was there Faun “anorak” :wink:

NMP

A couple of PKC pics I found online…

images2RPNBNNA.jpg
imagesFG38HIWS.jpg

Had contact with Mario Maes on ERF and he will search for pictures on a 6x4 ERF-B-series from Gruwez, stablemates

Some refreshing other stablemates during their many jobs at the Belgian coast (Knokke, near Zeebrugge) mid-eighties.

One for you Robert borrowed from Bubbs, surprised it was quicker than a 140 Scania in a road test though, Buzzer

Buzzer:
One for you Robert borrowed from Bubbs, surprised it was quicker than a 140 Scania in a road test though, Buzzer

Yes indeed - good stuff that, Buzzer! That’s one of my favourite ERF pics. It’s from the first Euro Test Truck mag ran in '75. I posted the whole test early on in the ERF 1975 thread. To be fair on the Scania, the ERF only did better on the gruelling mountain section of the Ardenne test. My theory is that it did better because its 9-sp Fuller was slicker on the upshifts going uphill than the Scania’s synchro box; coupled with the ERF having a Jake brake as standards fitment, which made it much faster on the downhill sections. That’s only my theory and I may be doing the sterling ■■■■■■■ 335 a disservice!

Cheers, Ro

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

Yes indeed - good stuff that, Buzzer! That’s one of my favourite ERF pics. It’s from the first Euro Test Truck mag ran in '75. I posted the whole test early on in the ERF 1975 thread. To be fair on the Scania, the ERF only did better on the gruelling mountain section of the Ardenne test. My theory is that it did better because its 9-sp Fuller was slicker on the upshifts going uphill than the Scania’s synchro box; coupled with the ERF having a Jake brake as standards fitment, which made it much faster on the downhill sections. That’s only my theory and I may be doing the sterling ■■■■■■■ 335 a disservice!

Cheers, Ro

That test never actually gave a clear winner. The thing that i thought was odd is when you read the conclusions they mention the ERF and
Scania being the two quickest in the hills but if “the going is really tough” then the Volvo F89 is the choice ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Not sure what they mean by when “the going is really tough” ? I would have thought that meant hill climbing etc. :unamused:

There is no disputting that the ERF overall was the quickest in the mountains,but if you read the results the Volvo was actually quicker than
the Scania “overall” in the hills. The ERF was 1st at 31.78 mph . Volvo 2nd at 30.73 mph and 3rd Scania at 30.48 mph.

The ERF was the quickest overall on the whole route and the Volvo was quicker than the Scania overall.
The Volvo was quicker than both of them on the motorway section and had the best mpg overall of the three.
The DAF was best overall on mpg.

I never think these tests mean alot as different test drivers will drive different to other test drivers.Plus who knows when trucks are
held up by slower vehicles etc,etc.

Click on page twice.

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:

Cheers, Ro

That test never actually gave a clear winner. The thing that i thought was odd is when you read the conclusions they mention the ERF and
Scania being the two quickest in the hills but if “the going is really tough” then the Volvo F89 is the choice ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Not sure what they mean by when “the going is really tough” ? I would have thought that meant hill climbing etc. :unamused:

There is no disputting that the ERF overall was the quickest in the mountains,but if you read the results the Volvo was actually quicker than
the Scania “overall” in the hills. The ERF was 1st at 31.78 mph . Volvo 2nd at 30.73 mph and 3rd Scania at 30.48 mph.

The ERF was the quickest overall on the whole route and the Volvo was quicker than the Scania overall.
The Volvo was quicker than both of them on the motorway section and had the best mpg overall of the three.

I never think these tests mean alot as different test drivers will drive different to other test drivers.Plus who knows when trucks are

Click on page twice.

Oh, absolutely, Dean! They were pretty vague in the early days and lots of variables were omitted. For example, you rarely see it on TN but M/E drivers found Volvos better on desert work because the Scanias gave too hard a ride. Also, my argument that a constant-mesh box with a Jake brake is better than '70s synchro-box technology still holds good. You mention the DAF being better on MPG, but you omit to mention that it came in 45 mins later than the ERF, so what cost MPG against productivity in 1975?

We do need to stand back and take those tests with a pinch of salt, though, I agree! :slight_smile:

ERF-NGC-European:

Click on page twice.

Oh, absolutely, Dean! They were pretty vague in the early days and lots of variables were omitted. For example, you rarely see it on TN but M/E drivers found Volvos better on desert work because the Scanias gave too hard a ride. Also, my argument that a constant-mesh box with a Jake brake is better than '70s synchro-box technology still holds good. You mention the DAF being better on MPG, but you omit to mention that it came in 45 mins later than the ERF, so what cost MPG against productivity in 1975?

We do need to stand back and take those tests with a pinch of salt, though, I agree! :slight_smile:
[/quote]
To be fair the TD120 with 16 gears to get along with was a formidable opponent.The ERF really should have had the 350 ■■■■■■■ with 13 speed Fuller as standard to put the contest beyond doubt.

While suspension differences would have been relatively moot assuming Bostrom suspension seats which we know the ERF at least had fitted ?.