ERF 'European' (1975)

ERF-Continental:
When CDB (also in short ■■■■■■■■■■ represented Foden…on delivery of the stored/parked Foden chassis
in the CDB hall, a spare wheel and more important the tyre were not available…Messrs Foden answered:
well, there is a tyre-shop every 10 mile over here…not understanding what continental transport was about

I believe ERF’s service infrastructure on the Continent was much more sophisticated than Foden’s :wink: .Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

Nice to see the positive reviews chap ! :smiley: :wink:

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

Thanks Dean. I’ve had favourable comments from people I’ve met who’ve read the books. I’m always open to constructive criticism so do feel free anyone to comment, if you’ve read 'em! General feeling seems to be that this last one’s the best yet. Cheers, Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

Thanks Dean. I’ve had favourable comments from people I’ve met who’ve read the books. I’m always open to constructive criticism so do feel free anyone to comment, if you’ve read 'em! General feeling seems to be that this last one’s the best yet. Cheers, Robert

Definately the best one chap… :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Been sent this pic today and it may well have been posted before i am not sure.

erf robert.jpg

DEANB:

Good find Dean. We’ve had the pic on here before (you posted it!) but not the writing. The driver of it, when it pulled the heavy crusher, was Dave Wallace (TN poster Colin Wallace’s dad). He told me a tale or two about that (all in Book 3 :wink:). Quite a feat in its day. Any idea what the publication is? R

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

Good find Dean. We’ve had the pic on here before (you posted it!) but not the writing. The driver of it, when it pulled the heavy crusher, was Dave Wallace (TN poster Colin Wallace’s dad). He told me a tale or two about that (all in Book 3 :wink:). Quite a feat in its day. Any idea what the publication is? R

Will find out chap,looks like a heavy haulage book. :wink:

Just re read your message “you posted it” :laughing: :laughing:

erf rob1.PNG

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

This is the book that pic was in chap. :wink:

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

This is the book that pic was in chap. :wink:

Good heavens! How did I miss that? :open_mouth: :laughing: Robert

Pic taken by John Ormandy.

Brussels show February 1973.

Would that be the rigid that Thibaut operated ?

newerfthibaut1.jpg

DEANB:
Pic taken by John Ormandy.

Brussels show February 1973.

Would that be the rigid that Thibaut operated ?

:sunglasses: Great picture - and a new one at that! Yes, you’re right about it being the drawbar outfit that went to Belgium. I too have a new picture to put on, which I’ll do tomorrow. Cheers!

R

Here is a new picture of the Cauvas machine! It was probably taken not long after its conversion as it still has all three wipers intact. Robert

The same , think it could have rear Volvo tandem ,isn’it ?

michel:
The same , think it could have rear Volvo tandem ,isn’it ?

Yes, according to our information from France but I also have another theory about the rear end from Holland so we must await confirmation :wink: Cheers, Robert

On the Cauvas 6x4…euh…in fact it should be simple as the (5MW-cabbed) first chassis were 4x2 or 6x4 (with quite some evidence
on the relevant threads) and the (7MW-cabbed) second chassis were ‘only’ 4x2 but with the addition of a 8MW-cab-kit.

It is a matter of time where the confirmation comes from…

Cauvas is still going!

cauvas.com/transports.html

There must be someone in that community who knows whether the ERF was retro-fitted with a Volvo bogie or and ERF one. Perhaps one of French TruckNetters can get on the case.

Robert

This’ll cheer you up! Here’s a nice new picture of No.28 in the Van Steenbergen fleet. Although in b&w it’s still a good picture. The ‘spready’ trailer might be a cut down tilt re-used as a stake trailer, or it may just be a stake trailer with a tool box. This unit was eventually re-fleet-numbered to No.31. Robert