ERF 'European' (1975)

[zb]
anorak:
Those models look great- as I understand it, they are “production” items, not one-off labours-of-love?

They’re kits, so it’s a bit of both really. Robert

ROF has just popped this example on the ERF Clearing House thread. Apparently £105 from PKC models. :wink: . Robert

59785940_2279212695731543_5293404818449104896_n.jpg

The “Goedkoop & de Geus” looks really TOP! A ‘minor’ thing is the rear-lightng…looks like Dutch-
trailer-lights, but anyway, I ordered a kit. Wonder if a “Van Steenbergen” will be offered?

GAZ70:
Did you work at lostock gralam,northwich,for harris road services ?

My step father Hugh Lemon worked for Harris on 2 different occasions and 3 times for Barrows which was next door.

An existing photo here, beautifully enhanced by Hans Witte (NL) :sunglasses: ! Robert

ERF-Continental:
The “Goedkoop & de Geus” looks really TOP! A ‘minor’ thing is the rear-lightng…looks like Dutch-
trailer-lights, but anyway, I ordered a kit. Wonder if a “Van Steenbergen” will be offered?

Well, the good news is that PKC now have permission to use the Van Steenbergen livery for their NGC kits; and I am delighted, as I’m sure you are, as these were among the most attactive NGCs in Europe.

As for the ‘trailer lights’ on the G&G unit: my Dutch contributors inform me that almost all Dutch trucks, tractors and trailers had these rear lights in that period.
Both Bosch and Hella produced similar lights, one with a horizontal orange glass (called ‘Hamburger light’) and the other with an orange bulb in the middle (so called ‘French rear light’).

001 Hella 140 mm 01.jpg

Richard Read with the roof-mounted air-con added. Damned impressive! :sunglasses: Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Well, the good news is that PKC now have permission to use the Van Steenbergen livery for their NGC kits; and I am delighted, as I’m sure you are, as these were among the most attactive NGCs in Europe.

As for the ‘trailer lights’ on the G&G unit: my Dutch contributors inform me that almost all Dutch trucks, tractors and trailers had these rear lights in that period.
Both Bosch and Hella produced similar lights, one with a horizontal orange glass (called ‘Hamburger light’) and the other with an orange bulb in the middle (so called ‘French rear light’).

custommade:

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-Continental:

Oh! Nicely observed, Custommade! Robert

custommade:

[/quote]
My compliments for the 1:1 reproduction of the Willemstein/G&dG as the picture of the real chassis confirms to be strinkingly genuine and precise.

Not to argue (and I don’t suggest that Willemstein had a 'Bonanza-fleet, as all transport-companies used what they had available as spares or from
canibalised chassis) but it is really a trailer-thing. I made some snap-shots of trucks and their rear-sights from the same period, so early to mid
of the seventies as well as from leading marques like DAF, FIAT, FORD, MAN, MB and Volvo. Also some examples of some trailers.

Well, I don’t point that it was illegal to carry trailer-lights on remote chassis (drawbar or tractor) but it is also strange to remove the original rear-
lights as per the NGC and replace them by trailer-lights.

Enough to ‘polute’ this thread and again compliments for the nice job done by PKC!

ABC-Trailers.JPG

ABC-DAF-VOLVO.JPG

ABC-FIAT-FORD-MAN-MB.JPG

Wonders never cease! Here’s a new NGC picture I’ve not seen before, of HNV 59N. Truckerash sent it to me yesterday. :smiley: :sunglasses: Robert

Some lighting stuff from the seventies/eighties. All for trailers except the mid-right rearlights
of a Mack NR4-series

Lighting.JPG

ERF-Continental:
Some lighting stuff from the seventies/eighties. All for trailers except the mid-right rearlights
of a Mack NR4-series

The photo shows which lights the unit carried. The modeller has faithfully reproduced this. If this is such a big issue, I’ll leave you Dutchmen to fight it out among yourselves! Robert

I will be attending Gaydon truck show this weekend and will report back, as usual, on any new findings. I’ve already had a hint of something interesting to report back on :wink:; as Hans Witte is working on a 1:50 scale model of JLG 35N for me. Here it is in its near-final stages of build (left-hand model). It will be on display at Gaydon.

BTW, I think this is a new pic, though it’s very similar to hundreds like it!

Robert

GAYDON. These PKC 1:50 kits were made up for display and were superb! The pictures more or less speak for themselves. Notice the Vermeulen unit in all its glory! Robert :sunglasses:

This beautifully built Richard Read won a 1st prize in its category and the kit sold well, I understand. Robert

The team: Hans, Peter, Aryan and Pascual. Robert

…continued from previous page. NGC kit builds on display at Gaydon. Robert