ERF 'European' (1975)

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:
Ash has been breathing further life into the model. It’s at a very exciting stage now! Robert

Looking good chap, what scale is it in cm’s ,length,height ?

It’s 1:24 scale. This picture of Jimski with the GMC he made in the same scale for Jazzandy should give you and idea of that scale. Robert

Nice to see its going to be a decent size ! :smiley:

Cant remember if this one has been on before,was sent to me today !

Sorry but that was an image supplied to me by Wobbe Reitsma in Holland and I reduced it to show the cab only. Never mind! Just read what I’ve just said about your endeavours on the Paul Gee thread - it’ll make you blush but you bloody well deserve it! Robert :smiley: :sunglasses:
[/quote]
Cheers Chap, i could not remember if that one had been on before we have had a few of this motor
now. However this one is new ! :wink:

newerf832.PNG

Thought it deserved a trip to Photoshop

newerf832.jpg

whisperingsmith:
Thought it deserved a trip to Photoshop

Oh well done! Robert :smiley:

DEANB:
However this one is new ! :wink:

Yes, new! We’re amassing quite a collection of Cauvas images now :sunglasses: . Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

Yes, new! We’re amassing quite a collection of Cauvas images now :sunglasses: . Robert

Indeed,although in my opinion one of the best looking NGC’s,so always nice when a new one pops up ! :smiley:

Talking of new pics,just found this rather nice side view of one.

newerfsideshot.PNG

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

Indeed,although in my opinion one of the best looking NGC’s,so always nice when a new one pops up ! :smiley:

Talking of new pics,just found this rather nice side view of one.

Great pic! :sunglasses: It looks as if it might have been taken when it was being demonstrated or road-tested. I wonder if it’s a press photo. Robert

Re the above; DEANB and I have been looking at the stone-work on the verge next to these three publicity pictures. It’s pretty clear that they are all of KDM 460N, almost certainly taken at the start of the Euro-Test in Belgium in '75. :wink: :sunglasses: . Robert

newerfsideshot.PNG

It is a shame we have not got a clearer pic of that 3rd pic !

grahamnewell erf1.PNG

DEANB:
It is a shame we have not got a clearer pic of that 3rd pic !

This one’s clearer! Robert

Without me looking is that out of truck 75 euro test mag Robert ?

DEANB:
Without me looking is that out of truck 75 euro test mag Robert ?

The less distinct picture I posted was from the Euro Test (the one you wished was clearer!). The clearer picture came from a later piece in TRUCK mag (see below)! Robert

We know that HNV 35N was used to haul race-trucks round Europe, but it has never occurred to me before to wonder if any NGCs were actually used for racing! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
We know that HNV 35N was used to haul race-trucks round Europe, but it has never occurred to me before to wonder if any NGCs were actually used for racing! Robert

There are a few photos of John Simmons one racing.

newerf855a.PNG

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:

There are a few photos of John Simmons one racing.

It is parading sedately round the arena at Donnington, I suspect! It was already in preservation (by John Simmons) and being rallied :wink: . Nice try though! :sunglasses: Robert

Had a reply from Mr Knoepfli in Switzerland this morning. He sent these 2 pics but i think you may
have already posted them. Anyway he says that all his documentation is in storage. He says that the
blue ERF was used for towing and confirms that he was an ERF dealer. I suppose he means towing broken
down trucks,maybe on a bar ■■ Anyway i have asked him some questions,so we will see what he says.

He also mentioned that he had alot of old ERF parts in stock ■■? I dont know if they are for the NGC or
maybe the B series,but could be useful for M.Corbishley.

DEANB:
Had a reply from Mr Knoepfli in Switzerland this morning. He sent these 2 pics but i think you may
have already posted them. Anyway he says that all his documentation is in storage. He says that the
blue ERF was used for towing and confirms that he was an ERF dealer. I suppose he means towing broken
down trucks,maybe on a bar ■■ Anyway i have asked him some questions,so we will see what he says.

He also mentioned that he had alot of old ERF parts in stock ■■? I dont know if they are for the NGC or
maybe the B series,but could be useful for M.Corbishley.

Your first pic is the cover of the lubrication booklet which I posted on here in its entirety. The 2nd picture is a new one of the surviving Knopfli unit - so success there! As I reported on here earlier in the year, Knopfli made transmissions for heavy plant and used the NGC to haul drawbar trailers round the premises when it wasn’t out on the road. Robert

The track photos look like the big erf 60th anniversary at Oulton park on 1993.

Thats where i took my photo of the simmons truck i posted earlier in the thread.

Great detective work you are doing guys.

Steve

vwvanman0:
The track photos look like the big erf 60th anniversary at Oulton park on 1993.

Thats where i took my photo of the simmons truck i posted earlier in the thread.

Great detective work you are doing guys.

Steve

Yes, sorry Oulton Park (not Donnington)! Thanks for that. Robert :sunglasses:

I now have the original advert below and can confirm that the number plate is 683 ZV 75.
I assume that this photo was taken in Paris when the truck was a demonstrator,or had just
been sold to the operator below.

Therefore we have to assume this is the same truck,when you look at the lighter colour
around the headlights,lower part of the grill and roof that ties up with the above advert.
Its a shame there is no name on the truck to try and trace who actually owned it ? It may well
have been a owner driver ?

DEANB:
I now have the original advert below and can confirm that the number plate is 683 ZV 75.
I assume that this photo was taken in Paris when the truck was a demonstrator,or had just
been sold to the operator below.

Therefore we have to assume this is the same truck,when you look at the lighter colour
around the headlights,lower part of the grill and roof that ties up with the above advert.
Its a shame there is no name on the truck to try and trace who actually owned it ? It may well
have been a owner driver ?

Oh well, thanks for clearing that one up. I’ll combine the two into no. 73 on the register, leaving no. 85 blank for the next ‘new find’. :wink: Robert