ERF A, B & C series

Hiya somones been tinkering with SMA…she’s got a A series grill but only 5 1/2 inch headlights.
that big grill did’nt appear untill 1972. then again i liked the smaller headlights. has SMA gone to
the grave now…
John

Hi John - yes, grille was updated some time in the 80s - don’t know why, think it was a minor shunt that cracked the original. Wasn’t much you could do with the fibreglass 'cept glue it :wink:

I don’t know if she’s still there or not - the last photo was taken at my cousin’s farm and the plan was to restore her but he died suddenly and tragically in 2009 - I should find out.

If she’s been sold I’d love to speak to the new owner.

hailwood did you buy your b series from northwich :question: ,it look’s quite like a g cross & son’s motor.

What model was this 8 wheeler ERF ?, Regards Larry.

GAZ70:
hailwood did you buy your b series from northwich :question: ,it look’s quite like a g cross & son’s motor.

Hi GAZ70 i got the B series from a guy called ■■■■ Robinson from Sutterton ,
Hi had got it to restore it back to former glory,
He has a nice collection of Atkinsons
I am looking forward to getting her out on a few runs next year with a trailer with a bit of weight on to make the old girl sing
cheers
andy

hailwood,have a look at page 5 of the main index titled ‘what a waste’,looks quite a bit like your motor :slight_smile: ,all the best gaz.

Got my self a C series to go with my B and A series this week.
Need to get cracking on getting them back on the road for next year

The Kevin Sheahan ERF Reg.No.DFH758T was indeed a Derek H Hicks vehicle.It was driven new by me until I had another new ERF Reg No C45UAD.I worked for Derek for 26 years until a year before he retired.
Archie

hailwood:
Got my self a C series to go with my B and A series this week.
Need to get cracking on getting them back on the road for next year

Nice collection of motors you have there.
If you let me know the chassis numbers I can find out the original owners for you.
BTW, if that is your ‘A Series’ with it’s back to the camera, it’s actually an LV.

Heres a trio I took in Ritchies ( Est.1898 still

going strong) yard at Hetton. Co. Durham.

Some night heater :laughing: :laughing: that red ERF has Kev and its got its
own fuel tank for it to. :wink:

One of our old erf’s

erf ec seen at stoke c series at helaby

FROM STEAM FAYRE CORNWALL AUG 2010

robthedog:
FROM STEAM FAYRE CORNWALL AUG 2010

looks like an ex plants from crewe motor

cheers
gaz

The Boys Own:
Seem to remember a firm from South Wales loading from London Brick during the70/80s.Running red and yellow ERFs could have been S.W.Bowkett maybe

Anyone confirm

Could have been John Raymond from Bridgend,depot was on the roundabout of the A48 at Bridgend.

hodgeturbo:

ERF:
I have a quick question for you Marc.
Your relatives ERF B Series pictured above in BRS colours - XUA907X. It was featured in the CVC mag a few years ago, but why does the big photo on the front cover show the lorry to have a LHD cab (wiper sweep), the RR badge on the opposite side of the grille and the fuel tank on the opposite side of the chassis?. It has always bugged me - the photos inside the mag are all correct!.

this is XUA 907X when owned by thomas armstrong with a irish plate can only think they may have got the negative the wrong way round for the cover pic

This is a different B series than XUA 907X as this was only sold tis year and was at my local rally this year still in armstrongs colours.

Josh

All Gardner Powered, & did a lot of long distance work, Lime, Corn, Coal, Etc, Nice old motors, Regards Larry
Jeff Smiles 1st ERF.png

Don’t know if I’m posting on the right thread but I own a restored a series that has spent the last 4 years in a shed and not yet been to a show ( hopefully will this year) anyway I’m looking to find out it’s previous history if anyone can help it’s reg is HNL 416N