ERF A, B & C series

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:
Odd lower front panel on this example. Has it been modified, or did NZ B’s have a higher cab?
Found it here:
youtube.com/watch?v=e_XAO4ZNC7c

I think it’s fitted with a TL12 Anorak, something to do with bigger stroke and bore, hence the higher cab… ahum, I’ll get me coat :blush:

I think I see a slight gap between the cab and the wheel arch too. So perhaps it is a couple of inches higher. There must be a reason and extra height for the engine is the most likely.

Who’d like to be sat in that seat then

Not me ,looks like a spicer knob and perhaps a plastic bumper model going by the seat trim .

Punchy Dan:
Not me ,looks like a spicer knob and perhaps a plastic bumper model going by the seat trim .

I’d say your right on both counts

Dont know what model these are :neutral_face:

Enquiring for a friend does anyone have information on SXG 302M a series erf with 240 gardner

Suedehead:

Dont know what model these are :neutral_face:

The CP stands for common parts it’s where ERF we’re standardising on parts
ie ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

PJH 400:
Enquiring for a friend does anyone have information on SXG 302M a series erf with 240 gardner

XG was a Middlesbrough prefix and a quick look on the DVLA website has the colour as Blue. Trying to recall any haulage companies around here with blue motors and struggling at moment. T Nicholls of Seamer did have a new ERF around that time but not sure if it had a 240 in it. Herrings of Hartlepool were big ERF users but they were red.

Thanks for that jshepguis will look into it.weve done a bit more digging around and come up with the name "GWilson & Leatherland " of Yarm Cleveland,if any one can shed any light it would be much appreciated

Dead A

Couple laid up in Erith

Old pet Reg unit

7F9C4A94-B816-4A77-9C45-0CE04E9A655B.jpeg

BF4BD876-2F88-446D-9589-0FF4FBC23A5F.jpeg

robthedog:
Old pet Reg unit

That looks worth saving! :sunglasses:

I don’t know when the trucks under discussion were current, bit in the very early 90s Western Star Australianised an ERF to compete with the K100 Kenworth.
I don’t know if WS used the cab on a WS chassis, or used the C&C. ■■■■■■■■ Cat or Detroit could be optioned with Road Ranger and Rockwell.

If it was blue, I reckon Dan would be happy to steer it. :smiley:

Star down under.:
I don’t know when the trucks under discussion were current, bit in the very early 90s Western Star Australianised an ERF to compete with the K100 Kenworth.
I don’t know if WS used the cab on a WS chassis, or used the C&C. ■■■■■■■■ Cat or Detroit could be optioned with Road Ranger and Rockwell.

I think Robert might like a go as well

robthedog:

Star down under.:

I think Robert might like a go as well

I’ve just bumped up the ERF Clearing house thread for this kind of stuff :wink:

Western Star ERFs were built in Sandbach and shipped out. However, that chassis looks as if it might indeed be a WS one, as Star down under suggests. Robroy is right too, in thinking that I might enjoy it’s 18-speed Fuller!

Rowena

Don’t hold me to it, but I’d think 9, 13 and 15 were the options. When did the 18 become available, late 90s~early 00s?

historicvehicles.com.au/histori … tern-star/

Feel free to move if there is a better suited thread.

1296535.jpg

continued…